User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 30-Jul-15 22:03:41
Print Post

I stopped considering

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

(Note the Subject modification)

Now this email just received really would be an incentive to stay !!!!!!
ROFL
Because you're cancelling your Plusnet account, you'll also lose the following features and services:

Your monthly referral payment - you'll no longer receive the payment of £375.00 you currently receive each month
I wish!

Gawd, I can't stop laughing. Do you think if I ring them and ask for confirmation of that, and ask how far backdated I can claim ....

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Jul-15 22:19:42
Print Post

Re: I stopped considering

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Your monthly referral payment - you'll no longer receive the payment of £375.00 you currently receive each month

I was thinking you were a referral machine for a second there. laugh

Oliver.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 31-Jul-15 02:54:52
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I have 2 thoughts.

1 - are you been genuine as that seems the most generous plusnet deal I have ever seen anyone post.
2 - I hate retention deals, it just means people not on the deals are paying more to cover those that are. it should be one price for everyone.

So I guess plusnet brought you out max, you were probably just looking for the cheapest deal all the time.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 31-Jul-15 02:55:46)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-Jul-15 03:06:50
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
I have 2 thoughts.

1 - are you been genuine as that seems the most generous plusnet deal I have ever seen anyone post.
2 - I hate retention deals, it just means people not on the deals are paying more to cover those that are. it should be one price for everyone.

So I guess plusnet brought you out max, you were probably just looking for the cheapest deal all the time.

All my hard work battle for a cheapest deal has paid off well. If you want a bargain deal, you have to fight PN or can leave them if no deal is offered.

Edited by adslmax (Fri 31-Jul-15 03:13:21)

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Fri 31-Jul-15 09:31:04
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I hate retention deals, it just means people not on the deals are paying more to cover those that are. it should be one price for everyone.

I agree; but the real issue is the new customer incentives, which is what drives the need for the special retention deals.

(say I: having joined Plusnet on a new customer incentive, and now returning to BT on one)

--
Moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Happy so far, but soon moving back after recent PlusNet changes.

Edited by StephenTodd (Fri 31-Jul-15 09:32:20)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-Jul-15 10:26:43
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I was told yesterday that if using a cashback site and you get the cashback plus a supermarket £75 voucher from BT it was possible right now as a new BT customer to get by signing up online unlimited ADSL broadband and w/e calls + paying LRS, for around £17 a year for the first year (12 month BB contract) as long as you get all the cash incentives, I have still to check it all out and do the maths incase someone has made an error.

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Fri 31-Jul-15 10:29:19)

Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-Jul-15 11:32:24
Print Post

have you asked to be downgraded to a free account (as discussed at length on the Plusnet Forums) as even paying £20 per year would still be profitable
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 31-Jul-15 11:43:34
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

I shall be doing, but thanks for the reminder in case I'd forgotten. It's actually £6.25pm at the moment, but not something you can factor into comparisons. It can drop at any time.

The £375.00 is even crazier than the wrong formatting. I've checked my referrals since getting the email and posting here. £3.75 is the amount earned so far this billing month. Not the total of my current referrals! Plus, it is only partial for some, presumably they have a broadband date later than their phone date. It includes phone for them but not broadband.

Pathetic.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 31-Jul-15 12:45:55
Print Post

Hope you've declared that on your tax form!!!!!!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User martyn
(committed) Sat 01-Aug-15 12:53:06
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Want to cancel my contract because of the price changes. I have tried chat but they say I have to phone. Phone wait is now over 40mins which is ridiculous.
Does anyone know if I can just generate an order with another provider and this will act as my 14 days notice?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to