User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User majika2007
(member) Mon 17-Aug-15 04:07:55
Print Post

Re: Plusnet capacity to Apple CDN poor ? *DELETED*

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Post deleted by seb
Standard User ChrisAO
(learned) Tue 18-Aug-15 13:55:35
Print Post

Re: Plusnet capacity to Apple CDN poor ?

[re: majika2007] [link to this post]

Got to admit that I was having a laugh reading your post despite the fact that by the time I got to Shopping Time I was getting bored and that about 50% of the post is total poop and 90% off-topic. I hope it gets left in place, then we can all learn about what's going on in the world crazy

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 18-Aug-15 14:02:56
Print Post

[re: ChrisAO] [link to this post]

I got all the way through it after coffee-make at halfway.

He actually makes a few good points amidst the several misconceptions and erroneous "facts". No solutions of course.

It's rather a shame he constantly has to display Tourette's Syndrome in his last two posts. I find it rather distracting and off-putting, rather than adding the emphasis I expect he intends.

I doubt if Corbyn would be wowing the lefties if he spoke like that tongue.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User majika2007
(member) Tue 18-Aug-15 20:01:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Post deleted by seb

Edited by majika2007 (Tue 18-Aug-15 20:03:37)

Administrator seb
(founder) Tue 18-Aug-15 21:00:17
Print Post

[re: majika2007] [link to this post]

If you can't make your point without swearing (masked or otherwise) then don't make it.

We have no issues with people sharing negative views of providers or other matters but these can be made without inappropriate language.

Sebastien Lahtinen
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
[email protected]

personal blog - blog.seb.me.uk
twitter - @sebtweet
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Aug-15 13:10:58
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Downloading the El Capitan Beta 5 update (2.45GB) through apps store is taking an age currently, been going for about 10 mins and only reached 298MB.

Yet the other day I downloaded Beta 4 in a couple of mins... who do I blame for this one!

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Aug-15 13:17:31
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

who do I blame for this one!

The deity of your choice? It is the ongoing trouble that unless you have monitoring of the whole network it is very difficult to state exactly where the bottleneck is - people blame their ISP but it could as easily be Apple or it might even be that there is an interconnect down somewhere.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Aug-15 13:18:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Yet the other day I downloaded Beta 4 in a couple of mins... who do I blame for this one!

'Twas ever thus - downloading the same size file from different places at different times can take vastly different lengths of time. Unlikely to be an ISP issue.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Aug-15 13:38:21
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
who do I blame for this one!

The deity of your choice? It is the ongoing trouble that unless you have monitoring of the whole network it is very difficult to state exactly where the bottleneck is - people blame their ISP but it could as easily be Apple or it might even be that there is an interconnect down somewhere.

In reply to a post by kasg:
In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

'Twas ever thus - downloading the same size file from different places at different times can take vastly different lengths of time. Unlikely to be an ISP issue.

Well, to put it in perspective, currently I'm downloading an update from a usually very fast servers... my latency on my BQM's has jumped very high though the connection is barely transferring data, yet sped tests are performing fine... even over seas....

Oh and one of my BQM's has started to show some packet loss (which has become a usual thing but not until around 4PM - 9PM) so if its not Plusnet... I'm going to point the finger at BT Wholesale... reason for this pointing is that packet loss issues as I found out yesterday also affect my neighbour BT connection!

and before anyone points the finger at the NGA or Exchange... it don't happen on TBB's BQM only on one at Rapidswitch maidenhead which ping my connection, my neighbours and another 3 connections elsewhere...

I'm not trying to have a pop at Plusnet here... but very annoyed at the ongoing issues and sick of the lack of support that so many ARE NOT getting!

Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Thu 20-Aug-15 13:55:47
Print Post

I just downloaded the El Capitan beta (6GB) through app store in about 11 mins. It comes from Apple's CDN server, same as all OS updates.

I regularly use downloads from Apple's CDN server to test broadband quality and have done for quite a while now, there is oodles of capacity and I have never once caught it going at less than line speed on BT connection at any time of day even on big release dates.

You prob need to raise this with Plusnet if you want it fixed.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to