User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Oct-15 21:26:56
Print Post

Re: Plusnet capacity to Apple CDN poor ?

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

So as I understand it, pulse8 charge the following for new FTTC customers in 2 ways... note that both ways required setup on TalkTalks LLU with an immediate regrade to Fibre using GEA...

1. Migrating from another provider (Eg. Sky) requires them to migrate Sky GEA FTTC > TalkTalk LLU (£0) and then immediate regrade to TalkTalk GEA... this costs the same as most providers at £30!

2. New Line Setup - Require new line installation (£92) and activation on TalkTalk LLU (£50) and then immediate regrade to TalkTalk GEA (£30)

I hope the way I set it above helps... it does seem to be related to the awkward way TT Wholesale do the orders but the issue I have with it is that Pulse8 should either be making TalkTalk fix this "odd" ordering process or be making TalkTalk Wholesale cover the cost.

Anyway, I think anybody with any relevance to TalkTalk should be more concerned about their identities for the moment.

I know I've got a busy weekend ahead of me assisting folk with changing passwords and such.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Oct-15 21:36:42
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
So as I understand it, pulse8 charge the following for new FTTC customers in 2 ways... note that both ways required setup on TalkTalks LLU with an immediate regrade to Fibre using GEA...

1. Migrating from another provider (Eg. Sky) requires them to migrate Sky GEA FTTC > TalkTalk LLU (£0) and then immediate regrade to TalkTalk GEA... this costs the same as most providers at £30!

2. New Line Setup - Require new line installation (£92) and activation on TalkTalk LLU (£50) and then immediate regrade to TalkTalk GEA (£30)

I hope the way I set it above helps... it does seem to be related to the awkward way TT Wholesale do the orders but the issue I have with it is that Pulse8 should either be making TalkTalk fix this "odd" ordering process or be making TalkTalk Wholesale cover the cost.

Anyway, I think anybody with any relevance to TalkTalk should be more concerned about their identities for the moment.

I know I've got a busy weekend ahead of me assisting folk with changing passwords and such.
Well i was quoted a £75 fee to migrate a BTW based FTTC service to them, (Rip Off) which according to their price list is called On-Site Fibre Upgrade
(From Existing Broadband)
When there is no "on site" work needed nor is it an upgrade for a FTTC migration, so why they are charging for that i don't know, something seems a miss to me

Edited by tommy45 (Fri 23-Oct-15 21:42:11)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Oct-15 21:48:14
Print Post

OH [censored] yes I forgot they increase the prices, so that mean then that my last post needs correcting too....

1. Migrating from another provider (Eg. Sky) requires them to migrate Sky GEA FTTC > TalkTalk LLU (£0) and then immediate regrade to TalkTalk GEA... this costs the same as most providers at £75!

2. New Line Setup - Require new line installation (£92) and activation on TalkTalk LLU (£50) and then immediate regrade to TalkTalk GEA (£75)

I understand that Pulse8 are contract free, but that doesn't give them the right to make up costs surely... I feel that they will not exist too long with an attitude like that, if it be for lack of custom or a ruling against their sales.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:04:31
Print Post

AIUI the problem Pulse8 encountered once we started publicising their excellent products and pricing on here, was that the one-month (i.e. no-minimum term) terms they offer caused several people to migrate to them ADSLx >> FTTC with no upgrade charge, avoiding many competitors' FTTC upgrade charges, then these users migrated out again immediately to their preferred supplier's FTTC.

They had to re-introduce their blanket FTTC setup charge of £75.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:15:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Fair enough charge all those who don't already have an active FTTC service the £75, but it isn't on or fair imo them charging that amount for a simple FTTC migration,they could charge the standard fee of £30 and still cover their costs,
Lets put it this way i will not pay £75 to migrate, i think it is extortionate ,as i'm sure quite a few others will think the same,
As for the monthly min term, people i would think would be unlikely to leave if the service provided is good,

Edited by tommy45 (Fri 23-Oct-15 22:19:20)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:17:36
Print Post

Not if TalkTalk are charging them £75.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:19:00
Print Post

I'm a bit confused now... what is the wholesale costs for a provider to migrate FTTC to FTTC .... and how much is it for a provider to setup an FTTC from new???

AFAIK Pulse8's high monthly cost was to cover profits, the activations and connection charges where just passing on the Wholesale charges and nothing to do with making a profit
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:20:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
I'm a bit confused now... what is the wholesale costs for a provider to migrate FTTC to FTTC .... and how much is it for a provider to setup an FTTC from new???

AFAIK Pulse8's high monthly cost was to cover profits, the activations and connection charges where just passing on the Wholesale charges and nothing to do with making a profit

CP-CP GEA Migration - same product/premises £11.00 + vat

PCP Only Install £49.00
Engineer Installation with Openreach Modem £92.00
Managed Engineer Install with Operneach Modem £92.00

Edited by tommy45 (Fri 23-Oct-15 22:30:07)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:21:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Not if TalkTalk are charging them £75.

Well then they need to bin of TalkTalk or force TalkTalk to fix the stupid costs!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:40:22
Print Post

Talk talk if they responsible are being greedy, as they will also make money from calls and a little from line rental, because they don't sell FTTC without line rental
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to