User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:50:48
Print Post

Re: Plusnet capacity to Apple CDN poor ?

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

LMAO

Pulse8 - FORCE TalkTalk to do something? Dream on smile.

So they ditch TalkTalk Business. Who do they use instead at a better price and with a comparably good product?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 23-Oct-15 22:57:53
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Fair enough charge all those who don't already have an active FTTC service the £75, but it isn't on or fair imo them charging that amount for a simple FTTC migration,they could charge the standard fee of £30 and still cover their costs,
Lets put it this way i will not pay £75 to migrate, i think it is extortionate ,as i'm sure quite a few others will think the same,
Nobody is forced to join them, so by definition no extortion. You compare what they offer and their prices to join and ongoing with any other ISP you fancy, and choose.
As for the monthly min term, people i would think would be unlikely to leave if the service provided is good,
I'm telling you what happened. The users involved were not interested in waiting to see. They just wanted to use it as an easy way to avoid ADSLx >> FTTC upgrade charges by whichever ISP they wanted to move to. They joined and left within a month.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Oct-15 23:49:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They have other choices of Wholesale provider to choose I suppose they will kick up a fuss when they see a lack of new customers...

Not to mentioned it probably won't be much longer before theres another non contract CP.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User maximono
(regular) Sat 24-Oct-15 00:42:05
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Seems like things have gone away off topic lol.

I got in touch with Plusnet on the live chat and mentioned that apple downloads were awful, they tried to sneak the blame in on my wifi which I hands down told them it wasn't the case as other services were fine and Im using an Asus Wireless AC router and getting great speeds on network transfers. Anyway they had me run wireshark and analyse the packets being sent during normal and slow downloads from apple and send it to them. Normal is a joke because on my 70Mbps capable connection the fastest I see from apple is about 40Mbps but that quickly drops to about 20Mbps. I managed to get it to go slow after doing a pause and resume in iTunes where my download of an app was then stuck at 1Mbps. Makes no sense. It can't be apple thats the problem as downloads over 4G seem to consistently out perform my fibre and my 4G speed at home isn't even that great, something like 15Mbps tops.

Oh well See what plusnet say once they've had a look at the data. I did mention others seem to have the same problem and they should check there end but I got nothing back from that as always when u say it's not just you with a problem.
Standard User ploddo
(newbie) Sat 24-Oct-15 10:05:30
Print Post

[re: maximono] [link to this post]

I have an adsl connection at the paltry speed of around 0.95. Update to iOS 9.1 took 25 mins!
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sat 24-Oct-15 20:50:09
Print Post

Plusnet simply don't want to know. Forum team don't care, chat don't care, my ticket hasn't even been looked at.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 25-Oct-15 15:45:08
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Installing 10.11.1 update at the moment and it'll take 5 hours! Ridiculous.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 25-Oct-15 17:47:58
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brandscill:
Installing 10.11.1 update at the moment and it'll take 5 hours! Ridiculous.

Friends of mine on Sky ADSL and BT FTTC have reported the same thing. If you pause a download and resume it in the Mac App Store then sometimes it speeds up. This must be Apple's CDN that is acting up.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - Since 2 Jun 14 - Aug 15 Sync: 56575/9911 - G.INP download only frown
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest
Standard User maximono
(regular) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:09:39
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I got a reply back from plusnet, saying that because I uploaded the wireshark data to Dropbox they are unable open it as they can't download from 3rd party websites! What a joke! they are an ISP Tech support team, they should be able to download stuff! Crazy. So I managed to record a couple of seconds of data to send to them. At one point on a pause and resume of an app download in iTunes I was getting 300Kbps! Thats terrible for a 70Mbps connection, surely something is really wrong. I just can't see how it's apples server at fault here otherwise there would be many more complaints coming in and someone who works at apple and uses apple products ( because they would) would have noticed and got it looked at. Whoever is at fault it's getting extremely annoying and it's just potluck now if you get a fast download or not. though on 4G it's fast.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Oct-15 12:00:34
Print Post

Have you asked PlusNet where they would like it uploaded to? It is possible they have a company policy not to allow staff access to 3rd party sharing sites.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to