User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Apr-16 03:27:52
Print Post

Re: Worst Business Support of any UK ISP

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Have you contacted Chris? Not clear whether you actually did contact him as he suggested or whether you are still working through the "normal" channels.

I did. I had a call 2-3 hours later asking me to try a test account.

Said test account has *all* incoming firewalled, so it was no use whatsoever (other than proving my point that they can and are doing so).

Despite repeated nagging, it will be 7 days on Monday (eg when the "networks" team who aren't there/don't work beyond 9-5, M-F apparently, despite the 24/7 support claims...) and there'll have been no resolve.

I've wasted many hours on this, and I've ended up paying to expedite activation of another line to work around this issue - at my expense of course and certainly not with those buffoons, just because they're incapable.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Apr-16 08:04:47
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

OK. So, if the test account provided some access then it shows the line is fine and PlusNet need to fix your login account. Hopefully now they know that they will be able to fix it.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Apr-16 10:21:25
Print Post

OK. So, if the test account provided some access then it shows the line is fine and PlusNet need to fix your login account. Hopefully now they know that they will be able to fix it.

The test account provided no access.

However, this morning (4 days later) PlusNet have confirmed that the test account they gave me (as I already knew because I tested the test account...) was not accepting any inbound traffic as the "broadband firewall" was on.

Why PlusNet gave me a test account with a firewall on it when the whole problem I have is that incoming traffic is firewalled is beyond me, but that's that amazing Yorkshire doing you proud support in action.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Tue 26-Apr-16 09:07:36
Print Post

On the subject of "test" accounts, yesterday they asked me to try it again with the test account and admitted they'd left the broadband firewall on when I tried last time, as I told them 2 days prior, which thus meant I couldn't do anything again.

So I tried the test account last night... and now I can't even authenticate with it.

This is the standard that the PlusNet Support Team work to. They can't even get me a valid and usable username and password, let alone get the actual fault fixed.

Utter incompetence from beginning to .... well not the end as they've not resolved it.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Apr-16 14:22:44
Print Post

For anyone casually interested in this...

It's now the 29th April, and Plusnet have still not managed to resolve this issue. They don't really seem to have done much to resolve it.

Among other things, they've been offered the option to just kill our session, login as us on a test line and test it themselves, but have not bothered to avail of such an option.

That's on a BUSINESS service, with 24/7 support. Supposedly.
Standard User steve14
(newbie) Fri 29-Apr-16 14:32:43
Print Post

I've never used plusnet, but I just want to add unicom as an awful provider for business users. We have a domain name and about 10 email addresses attached to it. Nothing fancy, very straightforward, simple stuff. I ring them up with a problem, they say ring BT for help. They had accidentally deleted all our mail boxes.

They say they are cheaper than BT... they are roughly the same price at the end of it. I don't know who to go with at the end of the 3 year contract, but I'm thinking Zen as I have them at home and they have been great.
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Fri 29-Apr-16 14:37:53
Print Post

For anyone casually interested in this...
I certainly am. A friend has a small business with PN business broadband.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to