User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Jul-16 19:07:49
Print Post

Re: Advice please guys, Using Plusnet.

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Vorlon:
a new VDSL router was on the cards

You could try and find a HG612 modem on ebay and then use an Asus ethernet router such as the RT-AC68U that I have or the later models. Just one option, and the HG612 is incredibly solid.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 / Sync 6th Nov: 58,280/10,784 kbps with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 01-Jul-16 19:41:54
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

As long as it's a version 3B. I have a feeling we may start seeing some earlier ones around soon.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 01-Jul-16 19:42:31)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Jul-16 21:42:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
As long as it's a version 3B. I have a feeling we may start seeing some earlier ones around soon.

Very good point.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 / Sync 6th Nov: 58,280/10,784 kbps with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 01-Jul-16 23:03:50
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Thanks Guys,

But I think I've already updated this on my other thread about recommended VDSL Routers. I've already purchased a TPLink Archer VR900 as it came out good in the reviews and also Mr Saffron was positive about it from the feedback he had received.

It's not connected yet and won't be until I've a least run the Plusnet Hub for another week . The current Plusnet uptime is 9+ days and I want to see as others have reported if there are any quirks in that.

EDIT: It's actually this thread on Page 9 (in flat mode) where I've said that I've gone for the VR900.

I appreciate the feedback, but at times it's become groundhog day. No doubt, busy people vs skip reading !

Edited by Vorlon (Fri 01-Jul-16 23:42:25)

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jul-16 16:57:38
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Perhaps having a record of download speeds from July 2015 that are nearly all in the high 60's and low 70's.....

Apologies for the filter breaker, was a wee bit angry at the time.frown

Steve
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to