User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User georgelnx
(learned) Tue 28-Jun-16 13:18:07
Print Post

Re: Plusnet confirm Price changes for 1st September 2016

[re: Fairoaks] [link to this post]

As Plusnet are moving all 40/20 clients to 52/9.4, I doubt you can refuse nor can Plusnet claim it is a new contract as they are going to make that change regardless.
And as the price will stay the same, you do not have any financial detriment either to allow for exiting the contract without penalty.
Maybe Plusnet would let you leave without penalty out of the kindness of their heart if the change is not agreeable to you?
When you get the email that's the time to phone them.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 13:31:24
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
As Plusnet are moving all 40/20 clients to 52/9.4, I doubt you can refuse nor can Plusnet claim it is a new contract as they are going to make that change regardless.
And as the price will stay the same, you do not have any financial detriment either to allow for exiting the contract without penalty.

You're saying Plusnet can half the customer's upload speed and hold them to their minimum term?

Oliver.
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Tue 28-Jun-16 13:42:42
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

They aren't.

A copy of the email being sent out can be found here

Edited by IanBB (Tue 28-Jun-16 13:43:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 13:50:47
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Yeah I thought as much, they have to allow customers to leave.

Oliver.
Standard User Fairoaks
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 13:55:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
Maybe Plusnet would let you leave without penalty out of the kindness of their heart if the change is not agreeable to you?
When you get the email that's the time to phone them.

I am quite happy with Plusnet but, don't want want to agree to a new contract if I accept the new speeds.

As you say I will wait until I receive the email from them and then call.
Standard User stickywicket
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 14:56:11
Print Post

If you're close enough to the cabinet you can still go for the full-speed 20/80.
Standard User georgelnx
(learned) Tue 28-Jun-16 15:23:16
Print Post

This is on The Plusnet forum for those in the 40/20 move to 52/9, If you don't want to change we'll let you go without penatly from HarryB.

It is being treated as detrimental to the customers

Standard User georgelnx
(learned) Tue 28-Jun-16 15:25:57
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I did say financially detrimental, I wasn't sure that any other cause would be allowed. But thankfully it is as been noted by others here.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jun-16 16:01:11
Print Post

They can only be talking about legacy 40/20 customers who have re-contracted as part of retention deal, as the product was removed from sale on 16 June 2015. Anyone who hasn't done such a deal can leave anyway.

If on a cheap retention deal, does it make sense to leave if the higher upload is not important to the particular individual? Other than those wanting out for other reasons and this is just a GOOGF card.

Edit - Ah, I hadn't thought of Line Rental Saver people not on a retention deal.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 28-Jun-16 16:02:00)

Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 16:05:45
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
TBH, the price is disgusting, but since it is BT that puts the base price of line rental up the rest have to follow, this is the problem with having a private company running the phone network.
The good thing about it though is that it's cheap, reliable and you have a wide choice of equipment from a variety of manufacturers that you can attach to it.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to