User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 22:16:29
Print Post

Re: A Broadband Cease order is currently progressing on whic

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Have a happy birthday wink
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 22:19:46
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks Batboy !

Steve
Standard User jb66
(committed) Wed 03-Aug-16 07:43:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by blfamily:
In which case the email & the T&C contradict each other. The letter says ring to cancel, the T&C says you don't.

The CSA didn't ask me if I was going to give up on FTTC or whether I was migrating.

I'll get it sorted tomorrow, got to do something on my 51st birthday, so why not phone Sheffield....

TBH I might just reverse this and stay as is, buy myself a quality router and hope I get on the new network.

The procedure is you call plus net to say you don't accept the changes and you are notifying them you wish to migrate to a new isp with no penalty fee.

Then you join another company

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Aug-16 07:59:27
Print Post

The only way to cancel via plusnet is to cease your line. They had no notification a new provider was taking over and as such had no other avenue.

Plusnet could have done nothing differently in this instance.

At this stage it may be possible to get Plusnet to stop the cancellation and cease so that you can migrate in the normal way.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 03-Aug-16 08:35:58
Print Post

[re: jb66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jb66:
The procedure is you call plus net to say you don't accept the changes and you are notifying them you wish to migrate to a new isp with no penalty fee.

Then you join another company
That's exactly what you don't do frown
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Aug-16 10:09:06
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

They have sorted it and lifted the Cease,

Steve
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Aug-16 10:11:13
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

The problem is the process has been woolly around what you have to do when leaving a supplier because of a change in Ts&Cs/price. If you just do a migration and haven't told them it is because of the change then you become liable for charges. At some point you have to inform the supplier that you are leaving under the change of terms ruling - but it is not exactly opaque as to at what point in the process someone should do that.

It used to be easy because you had to contact the ISP to get a MAC and could give the reason then. Now that it is gaining provider led there is no simple opportunity to inform the losing supplier (it also makes retention deals somewhat more difficult to get).
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Aug-16 10:51:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by blfamily:
In which case the email & the T&C contradict each other. The letter says ring to cancel, the T&C says you don't.

The CSA didn't ask me if I was going to give up on FTTC or whether I was migrating.

I'll get it sorted tomorrow, got to do something on my 51st birthday, so why not phone Sheffield....

TBH I might just reverse this and stay as is, buy myself a quality router and hope I get on the new network.

I think you mucked up on this, True plusnet could have explained things better I suppose.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Aug-16 11:10:55
Print Post

Great. Switching ISP is always gaining provider led, so you do not inform the existing ISP what-so-ever. You just sign up with someone new and give the new provider the landline number. The new provider takes over and the old ISP account is automatically closed.

Of course, you would need to, at some stage notify the old ISP the reason for leaving to avoid charges on the account.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Aug-16 11:26:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Under the new rules if a provider makes a retention deal without prompting from you then they are breaking the rules.

An ISP like PlusNet with so much automation should know if a user was sent info about a price change and migration is within the window, and the sorry you are leaving letter should hopefully ask you to confirm if the price changes are the reason for leaving and adjust any charges if you say yes.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to