User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Aug-16 20:51:32
Print Post

Re: A Broadband Cease order is currently progressing on whic

[re: ChrisAO] [link to this post]

In which case I should hold fire and wait till the fault has been fixed before abandoning Plusnet.

Steve
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 19-Aug-16 21:38:39
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

I don't see how that follows ("In which case ....") from:-
A fault on a BT Openreach provided line or BTw/OR Broadband circuit will have no effect on you transferring to Cable - IF you mean Virgin Media Cable, they are two completely different feeds/supplies/wires.
I thought exactly the opposite, that he meant you could move to VM cable with no worries.

Though I don't know what the "cut-off" date is that you are worried about.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Aug-16 21:40:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The cut off date is the point after which he will be deemed to have accepted the changed contract and would have to pay cancellation charges

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 19-Aug-16 22:11:30
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Possibly, and thanks smile. But he has already made it clear he doesn't accept the rise. One doesn't have to leave within the 30 days, simply notify them of the intention to leave in the near future. (I know you know this, but perhaps he doesn't).

The fact the line fault may not be cleared doesn't stop him moving to VM Cable, whatever. Migrating on a BTW/OR line may be a problem if OR currently have an uncleared fault on record.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Aug-16 09:45:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Actually - having said you don't accept it you have to leave within 30 days https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/
18.3. If any change is to your material disadvantage (and isn't as set out in paragraph 18.1.5) you may end our agreement for any affected service by giving us notice of your intention to leave within 30 days' of our notice. If you do so, then:
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 20-Aug-16 10:23:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
Actually - having said you don't accept it you have to leave within 30 days https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/
18.3. If any change is to your material disadvantage (and isn't as set out in paragraph 18.1.5) you may end our agreement for any affected service by giving us notice of your intention to leave within 30 days' of our notice. If you do so, then:
Nothing in your quote says that.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Aug-16 10:28:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

You are correct - what I should have said that within the 30 days you must say you intend to leave but I assume that triggers the 14 days notice
I know it isn't too clear but this was asked many times in the past in relation to having a few months left on the Line Rental Saver
This is from the previous notification (I haven't had the latest one yet)
What happens next?
We hope you're happy with Plusnet's award-winning products and services, but if you do decide to leave because of these changes, we won't apply any early termination charges. All we ask is that you tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 days' notice.^ The changes will come into effect from 2nd September 2015, and you don't need to do a thing. You'll see the new charges on your first bill after that date.

Edited by Oldjim (Sat 20-Aug-16 10:31:11)

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Aug-16 10:30:13
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Indeed not. 18.3 imposes a 30 day time window to give notice of termination without early termination fees following Plusnet's notification of price changes giving rise to material disadvantage.

You are free to leave at any time if you are unhappy with a price rise, but you only have a right to leave with no early termination fee if you give notice to Plusnet within 30 days of their notification of price changes. If you give notification before you receive Plusnet's notification (for example in response to a media story) or more that 30 days after Plusnet's notification, they are entitled to charge early termination fees. However, as a matter of customer courtesy and to avoid possible dispute about what constitutes notification, I would be surprised if early termination fees were levied on those who start the process to leave before they receive individual notification of the price rise, so long as the customer clearly notifies Plusnet that their departure is a consequence of the price rise.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 20-Aug-16 10:46:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
You are correct - what I should have said that within the 30 days you must say you intend to leave but I assume that triggers the 14 days notice
This "14 days notice", is that actually a minimum of 14 days?
I can't see a reference to that either frown
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Aug-16 10:49:13
Print Post

Does that mean I should have a contract starting on 2 September with my new provider as that's not going to happen...

Steve
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to