User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Aug-16 22:07:04
Print Post

Re: A Broadband Cease order is currently progressing on whic

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Which is what I did and the CSA cancelled the contract on the 14th day. The CSA is wrong to assume I was cancelling as I said I wanted to leave because of the price increases.

Anyhow, all is sorted now.

Steve
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 16-Aug-16 22:13:58
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

It seems that Chris Parr doesn't understand the problem.
Standard User ChrisAO
(member) Wed 17-Aug-16 11:02:17
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Isn't it about time Plusnet desisted from this abysmal practice Chris?
The issue has come up enough times on the Plusnet Forums, usually when a customer has the red mist because something went wrong.

Agents should not be blandly just going ahead and placing ceases when a customer says "I want to cancel", they should be saying to a customer "Do you really mean that, because this (and explain) will be the consequences ....... If you actually mean you are going to go to another provider, then just notify them you want their service and they will tell us you are migrating. We'll close your account after migration."

Plusnet used to be better than this, by continuing to just place ceases without so much as a by your leave, Plusnet has lowered itself to the bottom of the heap with those ISPs that try blocking number ports to be [censored] minded when customers try migrating away from them. perhaps that tactic will creep into Plusnet's portfolio next.

It's pretty obvious that OFCOM's abolition of MACs creates greater opportunity for this abuse to occur. There was no mix up/confusion/cease if you rang and said you wanted a MAC because you didn't accept the price rise!

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Aug-16 11:58:25
Print Post

[re: ChrisAO] [link to this post]

I wonder if we could see more regulation come into play which will give operators no options to cease a line and only can they prepare the account for migration...

So a customer calls annoyed at price increase and exercises their right to cancel their contract is basically giving notice of a migration which could then even see the 10 day lead time squashed and speed up migrations...

Only when a migration comes up for someones line and no notice has been given should the lead time remain....

This will mean no lines should get cut off or be left without an active service unless the property the line connects to is vacant or a migration process to an alternative infrastructure is initiated...

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - BT Home Hub 5A on Huawei DSLAM
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - Super Hub 2ac on Over-Utilized Rust Box
SkyFibre - 39998/9995kbps - Sky Q Hub on ECI DSLAM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Aug-16 12:06:31
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

That would be great. We could all just stop paying our ISP's bills smile.

The ten-day (two week really as Ofcom still think of working days being Mon-Fri) lead time on GPL migrations is to allow the user to change their mind penalty-free. That's all.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Aug-16 12:17:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That would be great. We could all just stop paying our ISP's bills smile.

I'm not sure how you got that from what I said crazy

VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - Super Hub 2ac on Over-Utilized Rust Box
Standard User ChrisAO
(member) Wed 17-Aug-16 12:39:28
Print Post

I'm not sure where that comment came from either crazy
However that is a valid point about the migration times, if MACs were re-introduced it would add a level of security as it's unlikely someone malicious could get a MAC if they weren't the customer, and after the MAC was used maybe the customer could then have an option of a "faster-path" switch (jumpering changes when needed would have to be taken into account).

It's the ceases that are the real problem. Perhaps they should be the most difficult thing to do - and maybe only in circumstances where a property is vacated and the "owner" of the line and the property state an active service is not required for the near future.
This is only because re-establishing a service if incorrectly ceased does not happen in a short enough timescale. It's deplorable, there is no excuse in virtually all cases there's no reason why service can't be restored within hours. The line has not been physically disconnected. It has dial-tone, jumpers are in place, it's simply a matter of software switches which are usually done remotely.

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Aug-16 13:23:01
Print Post

"regulation come into play which will give operators no options to cease a line and only can they prepare the account for migration..."

That means if we don't pay they can only sue. They cannot cease the line and service they are paying their suppliers for.

"This will mean no lines should get cut off or be left without an active service unless the property the line connects to is vacant or a migration process to an alternative infrastructure is initiated..." reinforces it.

I hoped you would laugh and say that you didn't really mean precisely what you posted smile. I didn't expect you not to realise what I was joking about. My suggestion that we could simply stop paying is so off the wall you must have realised there was more to my post than the literal statement.

More seriously, say I decide to stop my broadband and landline, going satellite or completely 4G?

I wouldn't be able to.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Aug-16 13:23:49
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Have you decided on your new ISP then?

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Aug-16 13:38:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
More seriously, say I decide to stop my broadband and landline, going satellite or completely 4G?

I wouldn't be able to.

Of course you would, you would just need to start the migration process with the satellite or 4G supplier in question...

VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - Super Hub 2ac on Greenish Rust Box
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to