User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 18-Aug-16 11:37:34
Print Post

Re: A Broadband Cease order is currently progressing on whic

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

While you may feel aggrieved at how people reacted to a post, the way you descend and then admit to breaking the rules with language does not tend to do you any long term favours.

On a unified for all technologies migration system, it is something Ofcom is attempting to work towards, but as pointed out by many in the industry the problems with this are many especially as many smaller operators would find the a new system onerous and also the issue that some people like to retain an old service for a short while e.g. order cable and try it for a week or two before cancelling any old ADSL service.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 18-Aug-16 12:04:18
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

That hasn't been charged and is simply an internal ticket that wouldn't have been emailed to you, it's for our reference recording when the cease fee was removed from the account.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 18-Aug-16 12:05:16
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

As all of the emails have been sent, no changes are able to be made.

I do understand that the confusion around cancelling/migrating can happen and the advisor they spoke to should have clarified which was needed/wanted.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 18-Aug-16 12:10:42
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Oh is that your last price rise?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 18-Aug-16 12:14:44
Print Post

Ummm Chris. It has been a common occurrence for years for users to be wrongly Ceased when intending to migrate. Each time the CS staff member has been, in Plusnet-speak, given some re-education.

I suggest there is a basic omission in the training courses/system. It is such a simple thing to ensure all customer-facing staff never make this mistake. Customers should not need to be aware of subtle differences in the meanings of words that in this context basically mean the same to them.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Thu 18-Aug-16 13:46:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Plusnet themselves define a cancellation as either a migration or a cessation: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 18-Aug-16 14:52:02
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Plusnet's policy per se. What I did say is that it is the training of customer-facing staff that is consistently failing to ensure such staff unfailingly make sure precisely what the customers' intentions are.

False "Cease" orders have been placed year after year after year. It is highly distressing for customers and highly wasteful of senior staff such as Chris in this case having to correct the error and generally lower the temperature.

Correcting an individual staff member does not solve the problem. Circulating memos, as I would hope has been done more than once, does not solve the problem. It has to be a major point in the training as it causes major bad PR - mostly no doubt by word-of-mouth in real life, not in here.

Having said that, it is clear not only Plusnet have this problem, but it does seem more common than with other ISPs.

Quoting the "Legal" is pointless in that it places the onus on the leaving customer. That is not real-life, as you surely know. You and I may peruse such stuff before joining and perhaps when advising someone here, but such niceties as this one just fly below the radar for most people. Plusnet have a duty to train their staff to avoid it happening. It isn't difficult.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Thu 18-Aug-16 15:23:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I'm saying the opposite: chrisparr's excuse that a cancellation cannot be a migration and Plusnet staff only stuck to the proper definition of what was asked does not wash. It is at odds with not only ordinary language, but also Plusnet's written cancellation policy.

Edited by vimto_girl (Thu 18-Aug-16 15:27:13)

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Aug-16 18:58:14
Print Post

Thanks for clearing that up Chris.
Now I understand the PN system is showing a broadband fault. I don't want this to go on to long - if you can do anything to get it fixed, I would be grateful.
As a matter of interest, how long is the letter saying

We�re sorry you�ve decided to leave us because of the changes we�ve made to our home phone pricing and call rates. As agreed, because you�ve told us within 30 days of receiving the email we won�t be applying any early termination charges.

valid for? I guess the 1st September?
Because if this fault takes a while to fix, then I am not going to get the option to change to Cable in time for the cut off date.

Steve
Standard User ChrisAO
(member) Fri 19-Aug-16 12:29:22
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

A fault on a BT Openreach provided line or BTw/OR Broadband circuit will have no effect on you transferring to Cable - IF you mean Virgin Media Cable, they are two completely different feeds/supplies/wires.

In theory it shouldn't stop a transfer even to another BTw reseller or LLU, it may mean the fault is still present after the transfer if it's on your line. Chris Parr should be able to confirm.

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to