User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 28-May-17 10:34:21
Print Post

Re: new offer

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_...

Click the "Unpackaged Broadband", (unless you want to scroll down through some very long pages to page 64 wink). Then read the following two pages.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63018/13016Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Jun-17 16:06:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
I had an email from Plusnet saying they are raising the price by a pound, so I will be paying £33 a month instead of £32 a month and then they say I can take them up on their offer of £27.50 a month, going up to £28.50 a month after 29th of june, i am not sure if Plusnet thinks that is a great deal, but i do not think it is that good really, since it will still be a 18 month contract.

i still think the now TV deal is better, £30 for up to 38Mb/s and now Tv entertainment, the problem is it is still sky.

Still need to think.

I know it's not the same for everyone, but I had BT Infinity and then Now TV, They were totally opposites with Sky being the bottom of the scale.

I was offered 80/20 for £30 a month after the price rise and on a 12 month contract with Plusnet today, so no I don't think the deal they gave you was s attractive as it could be.

Sky's network could be better for you - but please take note - their router is PANTS and they do not allow you to use another router, if they did I would have stayed with them..

Also they gave us £85 cash back even though we signed up to a 30 day deal, because we left after the 30 days, they revoked it.

NOWTV are slime balls, deal with them at your peril!

Edited by 23Prince (Mon 12-Jun-17 16:08:19)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Jun-17 16:07:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
BT will, but not with any of the deals.

Aquiss I think. Uno probably. With both of them you may as well take their phone as long as you stay on BT Wholesale broadband.

IDNet too. AAISP but expensive if you want 1GB allowance.

Or 1TB even? ;P

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 12-Jun-17 17:33:54
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Ouch! blush

On the other hand, it is true that if you only want 1GB then they are extremely expensive wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 68952/12747Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 12-Jun-17 18:03:12
Print Post

just to correct this post.

they do allow you to use another router, they just dont support it.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Jun-17 09:21:10
Print Post

I know it's not the same for everyone, but I had BT Infinity and then Now TV, They were totally opposites with Sky being the bottom of the scale.

I was offered 80/20 for £30 a month after the price rise and on a 12 month contract with Plusnet today, so no I don't think the deal they gave you was s attractive as it could be.

Sky's network could be better for you - but please take note - their router is PANTS and they do not allow you to use another router, if they did I would have stayed with them..

Also they gave us £85 cash back even though we signed up to a 30 day deal, because we left after the 30 days, they revoked it.

NOWTV are slime balls, deal with them at your peril!

Not sure if I could cope with BT again, I used them years ago and their customer service was awful, it got to the stage where i told them on the phone they was a waste of time and I would get more sense out of a monkey.
That is not normally me, to customer service as i know what the job can be like, but he was just so annoying and had no idea what he was doing. So I said I will never go with BT again. they are also more expensive than the others.
Yes, i know Plusnet belongs to BT, but at least they are run as a separate company.

i know what sky routers are, awful things they do not even have 1Gb lan. that is one of the things that putting me off now TV, also after 12 months the price goes up far more than what I am paying plusnet, also by the time i paid the set up fee i do not think I am any better off.

Still need to decide what to do, Plusnet over the last 4 days speedwise have not been great, even my netflix is playing up because of it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Jun-17 10:13:52
Print Post

Was it cashback directly from NowTV or through a cashback service? NowTV don't seem to be doing any cashback themselves at the moment so can't see if they have any Ts&Cs related to it. I have to say any company that would give that much cashback on a 30 day contract without a penalty clause would soon lose a lot of money.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Jun-17 13:26:05
Print Post

I find it so disgrace because PN say new customers can get cheaper deal with 12 months contract for any fibre product with line only. So, as a long term customers, PN refused 12 months deal, have to do 18 months contract. I think it disgrace to lock u into 18 months instead of 12 months. Can't be bother to do renewal contract for 18 months while BT offer for 12 months at the moment. I personal think between 12 and 18 months is no different really. Why PN always put loyalty customers locked in a 18 months contract in every new deals?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Jun-17 14:07:34
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I'll sure you'll be able to negotiate them down to the point where they're paying you again, Max.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Jun-17 14:09:21
Print Post

Why are people so hung up on Gigabit LAN capability on a router when Gigabit LAN capability can be added to ANY router for as little as £12?

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to