User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Jun-17 22:08:37
Print Post

Re: new offer

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Why are people so hung up on Gigabit LAN capability on a router when Gigabit LAN capability can be added to ANY router for as little as £12?

If it's wifi N or AC and you want to copy files to a NAS or desktop PC having 100mbps ports shows pointless cost saving by ISP.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - 2 Jun 14 - Sync at 20/May/17: 59,802/11,536 - G.INP & 3.5db SNRm
18 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial - Asus RT-AC68U and HG612 - BQM
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Jun-17 15:59:08
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

" I personal [sic] think between 12 and 18 months is no different really"

If there is no difference then sign up for the 18 months.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Jun-17 16:28:38
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

A benefit to the company of course is that they can show to their investors / shareholders that they have a virtually guaranteed income stream for a longer period. All helps with their future planning and budgeting.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Jun-17 17:46:50
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Was it cashback directly from NowTV or through a cashback service? NowTV don't seem to be doing any cashback themselves at the moment so can't see if they have any Ts&Cs related to it. I have to say any company that would give that much cashback on a 30 day contract without a penalty clause would soon lose a lot of money.

sorry that was not my post, for some reason it did not quote. mine started at "not sure if I can cope with B.T again"

It was 23prince who posted that.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Jun-17 17:49:54
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Why are people so hung up on Gigabit LAN capability on a router when Gigabit LAN capability can be added to ANY router for as little as £12?

I already have a gigabit switch, it is under my TV and is what my Blue-ray player, Now Tv box,, computer via homeplugs and NAS is connected to,

But to be honest in this day and age there is no excuse not to have 1GB LAN,

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Jun-17 17:52:16
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
A benefit to the company of course is that they can show to their investors / shareholders that they have a virtually guaranteed income stream for a longer period. All helps with their future planning and budgeting.

True, i must admit I thought they would have bugged me more than they have since I am not in a contract. i thought they would want to get me into a contract.

Talk Talk is back in our town centre bugging people, I thought they had gone, To give them credit, on Wednesday, when I told them i was not interested they just said ok, thank you and that was it. Not like the last idiots that was there running after people.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to