User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Conrad3000
(member) Mon 29-Apr-19 21:22:38
Print Post

Any good retention deals I can get?

[link to this post]

Hi all. My ADSL contract expires in about 4 weeks time. I'm on an 18-month contract, paying £3.50 a month. I also pay upfront for line rental. There's no fibre where I'm at, so what kind of 'deals' do you think I could possibly get?

I don't use the landline at all. And it's kinda stomach-churning that we're paying between £17-20 just to receive broadband. And then paying for *that* too.

Thanks.
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Tue 30-Apr-19 14:28:48
Print Post

Re: Any good retention deals I can get?

[re: Conrad3000] [link to this post]

Plusnet will generally match other ISPs deals if you mention what others are offering - I got a £18pm deal for ADSL2+ including line rental, as that apparently matched what SSE were offering at the time. Have a look at some comparison sites, and be prepared to haggle a bit.
Standard User Conrad3000
(member) Tue 30-Apr-19 14:45:49
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sheephouse:
Plusnet will generally match other ISPs deals if you mention what others are offering - I got a £18pm deal for ADSL2+ including line rental, as that apparently matched what SSE were offering at the time. Have a look at some comparison sites, and be prepared to haggle a bit.

I just spoke to PN and mentioned that TalkTalk are doing line rental and broadband for £17 a month. He said he couldn't match that and basically implied I might as well sign up with them instead. The only consolation I got from the call was that he'd keep the price I'm paying now on a new contract.

I asked if it would be possible to lower the £3.50 I'm paying to about £2 and he still wouldn't budge.

What a bit of a waste.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Apr-19 16:10:03
Print Post

Good grief!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-May-19 16:29:21
Print Post

The last time I was with PN there were no real retention deals and they wouldn't renew for the same price I was paying previously for ADSL1 BB and LR and infact it cost me less at that time to move to John Lewis BB which is supplied by PN.

With my exchange being classed as Market A the connection is not in a PN low cost area so they work out more expensive for me than JL BB.
No LLU at the exchange and no fibre available to my location either.

ADSL1 Broadband
  Print Thread

Jump to