User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Thu 18-Jul-19 20:30:40
Print Post

Quick question re "the billing issues"

[link to this post]

I must admit, if the bill looks about right, I just pay it, so I rather foolishly haven't kept abreast of the now notorious "billing issues".

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, but can someone give me a quick heads-up on when they started?

I've rather belatedly noticed that I haven't been credited with a referral discount for the princely sum of 75p since last August.

Now it might be that the referred party has simply left Plusnet without mentioning it to me (no reason why they should). BUT, depending on whether the dates tally, it might also be that my referral discount somehow got lost in the switch to the new system.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Jul-19 23:22:56
Print Post

Re: Quick question re "the billing issues"

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

The new billing system came in at the beginning of September 2018 so it would fit with when your referral discount was "lost".

Oliver.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 19-Jul-19 01:08:56
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Hmmm, thanks for that. I suppose, before making a fuss, I'd better get in touch with the referred party, just to make sure they haven't coincidentally left.

The timing's definitely suspicious, though.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ppppenguin99
(member) Fri 19-Jul-19 07:45:59
Print Post

Log into your account and check. Under "Manage your account", My referrals", "Your current referrals". You'll see details of all your referrals there.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 19-Jul-19 08:19:10
Print Post

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

Thank you - of course! Shows how long since I've delved around!

It is still on there, and actually shows as "received", so I can't comment further without more checking, but the chances are, I've received it - I just no longer get the cheery: "You've earned £xx from your referrals this month", or whatever it was it used to say. It used to be very obvious what you'd received, and when - not so now.

Of more concern was that I see a cessation charge of £30 is "activated". I thought I was literally years out of contract. I recently activated the (free) nuisance call blocking and voicemail. Guess they've taken that as a change of contract. Bit of a cheek when they're free, and it's not flagged up when you request them that you're locking yourself in for another year, 18 months, whatever it is now.

I haven't switched providers for years, and probably won't for the next few, unless I have some terrible problem. But if I'd realised I was activating a new cessation charge just by tweaking a couple of FREE features, it might have given me pause for thought. It's not as if I need them greatly. I just thought they're free, so I might as well have them.
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 19-Jul-19 10:17:30
Print Post

If you really are out of contract then you should ring in and choose the "thinking of leaving" option. It's always been worthwhile for me each time my contract runs out.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 19-Jul-19 10:45:03
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Well, evidently I am NOT out of contract, just at the moment, due to having enabled the two "free" features.
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 19-Jul-19 12:12:12
Print Post

If it were me I'd have been on the phone straightaway as well as posting on the community forum. I've always found that immediate firm and polite action has been effective.

If your contract has been renewed then you will have had an email to confirm it setting out the terms of the new contract.

p.s. - logging in to the member centre, the opening screen gives details of your contract start/end dates, useful in the discussion you might have on the phone 8^)

Edited by longedge (Fri 19-Jul-19 12:19:20)

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Fri 19-Jul-19 14:25:00
Print Post

The cessation charge has been removed from PlusNet's T&Cs according to this thread on the forum
thread

Edited by Realalemadrid (Fri 19-Jul-19 14:27:21)

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Jul-19 14:51:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by TLM:
Well, evidently I am NOT out of contract, just at the moment, due to having enabled the two "free" features.

On the front page of the portal, under "My Contract" it gives your contract start and end dates.

Edit: I see longedge already said that, sorry.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Fri 19-Jul-19 14:52:26)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to