User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-19 19:45:44
Print Post

Broadband without line rental to be withdrawn from sale

[link to this post]

"Please note that broadband without line rental packages will no longer be available to new customers from 3rd December 2019."

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/2019-pricing-cha...

Existing customers will be unaffected.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Oct-19 20:45:09
Print Post

Re: Broadband without line rental to be withdrawn from sale

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Too funny, and also some stonkingly high price rises.
We're constantly looking to make improvements to our products and the services we offer you. This year that included things like a new way of billing
Mammoth fail?
These pricing changes will see us invest even more into giving you the broadband and phone services you deserve.
I am getting increasing fed up with companies, politicians and quangos droning on about the things people "deserve".

In this case, we do not "deserve" any kind of broadband. We buy it. We are entitled to and expect to receive a good service. End of. No deserving is involved.

As for the price rises I mentioned. They look to be £2pm across the board for the broadband products. Which means their most expensive product goes up by a high 8.5%, and their cheapest product which is possibly mainly chosen by those of restricted means rises by over 21%.

What! ???

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-19 22:16:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
As for the price rises I mentioned. They look to be £2pm across the board for the broadband products. Which means their most expensive product goes up by a high 8.5%, and their cheapest product which is possibly mainly chosen by those of restricted means rises by over 21%.

Remember though that these broadband price increases are only for those not taking Plusnet line rental, the vast majority will be taking line rental and will only see a £1 increase if they're outside a minimum term (plus the call rates & call packages if applicable).

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Oct-19 12:26:29
Print Post

Thankfully I will see no increase as I am on a fixed-price contract (with a healthy discount) and LRS and I don't make any calls from the landline (except 080). When my contract is up I will look again/negotiate as usual.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 10-Oct-19 16:41:34
Print Post

kind of backs up what us guys already know, the line rental is profited on and thats the real money maker.

retail line rental circa double openreach wholesale cost, charges for things that are free on mobile such as caller display, call wait, voicemail etc.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 10-Oct-19 16:42:54)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Oct-19 16:56:02
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
charges for things that are free on mobile such as caller display

Ofcom rules state caller display must be included in the price of line rental these days at least.

Oliver.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 10-Oct-19 18:20:11
Print Post

thats something smile

Standard User mbames
(committed) Sat 12-Oct-19 13:53:35
Print Post

oooh, I didn't know that. VF charge extra for caller display, or at least they did when I signed up with them and they sell it as a bolt on extra for an extra few quid a month

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-Oct-19 14:21:37
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mbames:
oooh, I didn't know that. VF charge extra for caller display, or at least they did when I signed up with them and they sell it as a bolt on extra for an extra few quid a month
They would provide caller display for free when law changed.

Michael Chare
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Oct-19 14:25:02
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

"This is as part of the update Ofcom is making to the Conditions that they set for all Communication Providers (the General Conditions)."

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advic...

That's the VM business side but the came rule applies to consumer. If they're still charging you for caller display, complain loudly.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to