User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User karim31
(committed) Sat 23-Nov-19 20:08:43
Print Post

Thinking about leaving Plusnet

[link to this post]

In a time when broadband providers are offering great value services Plusnet only offers good deals and incentives (£75 cashback) to new customers and in the same time increases broadband prices to loyal customers when contract nears its end, in my case the Email renewal reminder suggested paying 26.99 for a 36Mbit)
I called them today as my contract due to en soon and mentioned the offers available through Uswitch so they offered some discount (25pounds for 66Mbit) I should be pleased however talktalk are offering a better deal for the same product and so is virgin (surprisingly) 25 pounds for their fast fttp M100 product 108Mbit.
I have been with Plusnet for many years and the service has been good apart from the past year when I started having some disconnections and annoying billing problems last year.
So my choices are the following
1) Stick to plusnet
2) migrate from fttc to fttp (virgin)
3) wait for Labour to bring us all free fibre broadband ( joke)
Standard User aks
(committed) Thu 30-Jan-20 23:49:12
Print Post

Re: Thinking about leaving Plusnet

[re: karim31] [link to this post]

So what did you decide to do?
I myself gave PN one chance to make me an offer that I would find attractive. Instead I listened to a lecture that we can't offer good deals to everyone.... in that case I'll go elsewhere as a "new" customer and get a good deal, in my case I have gone to Sky. I don't really understand this policy, I guess it keeps the money rolling in if you are lazy about looking for a better deal.

---
Tony
Standard User Agilly666
(newbie) Fri 31-Jan-20 15:39:40
Print Post

[re: karim31] [link to this post]

I have just gone back to Virgin with its 100mbps deal , 27pounds per month. It is very good at the moment. Don't know what I'll do at end of years contract. Might try BT they have some good deals for my area in Gloucestershire.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Feb-20 21:27:29
Print Post

[re: Agilly666] [link to this post]

So following the email I got today regarding the c*ck-up with price increases and advising I can leave within contract, I called Plusnet and asked them for the best deal or I was going to Sky.

They matched Sky's deal (£25 per month for broadband, line rental and anytime calls) and I can't complain !
Standard User aks
(committed) Sun 09-Feb-20 10:41:37
Print Post

[re: MattJessop] [link to this post]

Good deal, did you get their reward card too smile!

---
Tony
  Print Thread

Jump to