User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User first500
(newbie) Mon 24-Feb-20 14:22:23
Print Post

Plusnet ending support for Youview Android app

[link to this post]

It seems that Youview have decided to close down the very useful Android app, that controls the TV box supplied by Plusnet. Youview's announcement states that they no longer wish to be in the Retail Market but support will continue with their "Business Partners".

The irony is that customers of BT, who are Plusnet's parent co, will continue to have the Android app available to them s they are aparently the only current business partner. Not Talk talk. Not PN. Not Humax.

So far I have been unable to obtain any comment from Plusnet as to their intentions. I think they have been caught unawares by Youview's announcement!

Plusnet are in fact still advertising the remote control app as part of their TV package, so I wonder if NOT continuing to supply it will be a breach of contract.

There are many dissatisfied customers posting on the Plusnet forum about this, but so far no announcement from Plusnet.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Feb-20 19:36:24
Print Post

Re: Plusnet ending support for Youview Android app

[re: first500] [link to this post]

The app actually still works for viewing the guide and stored and scheduled recordings, just not booking new recordings. How long that will continue I don't know.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User first500
(newbie) Mon 24-Feb-20 19:45:26
Print Post

Re: Plusnet ending support for Youview Android app

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Full announcement on link below. The app will be dead after 31 March 2020

https://support.youview.com/mobile-app/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to