User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gary333
(committed) Fri 28-Aug-20 12:11:53
Print Post

Re: Unfortunately we’ve hit a problem

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hk11:
Quite simple as far as I can see. :-

Does OS = supported OS if not error "we do not support your OS".

Otherwise what is the point of the browser "indentifying" it's self?

But they'd only know that if they tested their website on every version of every browser. Hardly anyone uses iOS9 anymore so it seems reasonable they wouldn't test it.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Aug-20 12:23:47
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

There was a link on here suggesting use age was quite high. I'll have a scroll back for it for you.

Edit: around 7% or 70 million, according to the link.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Shell Energy BB via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - NowTV, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========

Edited by hk11 (Fri 28-Aug-20 12:27:43)

Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Fri 28-Aug-20 12:38:15
Print Post

There was a link on here suggesting use age was quite high. I'll have a scroll back for it for you.

Edit: around 7% or 70 million, according to the link.

That would be for the whole world not just the UK, so in the UK it would be well under 1% of devices on IOS9

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Aug-20 13:32:40
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

Yes, I understand that. then there would be only a small percentage of that 1%. Anyone know what Plusnet's market share is? I still say there is no excuse for sloppy coding though, but maybe I expect too much?

Previously - NowTV, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Aug-20 14:31:08
Print Post

Yes, I understand that. then there would be only a small percentage of that 1%. Anyone know what Plusnet's market share is? I still say there is no excuse for sloppy coding though, but maybe I expect too much?

The fact everyone else is able to use the website suggests it's not Plusnets site coding but rather your old device that is to blame.

Plusnet will make their site to meet current security standards.
They stop making their website compatible with older browsers and older OS's.

You can continue to feel like it's Plusnet's poor coding but the general consensus is your old device is at fault.

That was the consensus before you told the thread what OS you were running.
It was no surprise when you eventually conceded you were on iOS9.

Edited by j0hn83 (Fri 28-Aug-20 14:32:03)

Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Fri 28-Aug-20 14:48:03
Print Post

So you're saying they should test the website so it will work on at most 20 peoples devices who have IOS 9 and want plusnet broadband
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Aug-20 15:14:43
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

I am saying they have a history of bad coding. This is just one example. Others are their billing system that I understand to still be giving problems over two years after being modified and my other thread (which I don't think is iOS9 specific) regarding contract start date.

===========
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Aug-20 11:01:19
Print Post

Just because that's how you would like things to work it doesn't happen in reality.

My Android phone is 5 years old (ancient it tech terms) and runs Android 6.?. Some apps will not work with it but don't give a reason.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Aug-20 11:05:59
Print Post

Re: Unfortunately we've hit a problem

Spend some money and upgrade to devices that support newer iOS versions and have no issues or continue to use unsupported software but you need to stop complaining about something that is not of the ISP's making.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Aug-20 11:18:09
Print Post

Re: Unfortunately we've hit a problem

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Send me the money and I will spend it for you. smile

===========

Edited by hk11 (Sat 29-Aug-20 11:18:47)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to