User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Aug-20 08:13:36
Print Post

John Lewis BB

[link to this post]

Is this the correct place to post JLBB questions as their website points out you are under contract with Plusnet?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Shell Energy BB via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - NowTV, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Aug-20 12:00:01
Print Post

Re: John Lewis BB

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

The other option would be "Other providers". It probably doesn't matter too much but some JL knowldgeable people might not view the PlusNet forum.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Aug-20 16:53:35
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Yes, I thought Other Providers, but was unsure.

Previously - NowTV, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Aug-20 23:26:56
Print Post

In the absence of a working website from Plusnet, I have found JL links seem to work.

What, if anything, do I loose or gain from using JL as a provider? I see they say you are under contract with Plusnet, but have their own T&Cs. Does this result in your being passed from one to another if there are any problems?

JL always seemed to be a pound or two more expensive than PN, but their latest offer is actually a fraction cheaper. wink

===========

Edited by hk11 (Thu 13-Aug-20 23:31:16)

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Aug-20 23:45:12
Print Post

JL may be cheaper if you are not in a Plusnet low cost area. You may also be sent a different router.

Michael Chare
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Aug-20 04:00:20
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

It's not cheaper again now as Plusnet have another offer: £18.99 pm with £60 card with 12m contract, although this is automatically changed to 18m, if you make any amendments to the add-ods, for some strange reason? These offers only seem to last a fews days now. frown

I'll probably end up using my current router ( Technicolor TG582N) as few (if any) of the currently issued ones do what I need. wink What are Plusnet and/or JL issuing these days anyway? Do they do NAT loopback?

===========

Edited by hk11 (Sat 15-Aug-20 04:17:04)

Standard User mikel543
(newbie) Sat 15-Aug-20 22:43:40
Print Post

John Lewis issue Zyxel routers, used to be the Vmg-8924-b10a, which was a half decent bit of kit, but it I think it's discontinued, so will be the modern equivalent.

Plusnet give out rebadged BT home hub 5.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Aug-20 02:16:54
Print Post

[re: mikel543] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

Anyone know if the Vmg-8924-b10a, the modern equivalent or the rebadged BT home hub 5 do NAT loopback?

===========

Edited by hk11 (Sun 16-Aug-20 02:21:31)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Aug-20 02:41:25
Print Post

Looks like it's a no for first one. frown

https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!gwsViewDetail....

Could be promising for the PN one though, assuming it's a 5A? :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Home-hub...

===========

Edited by hk11 (Sun 16-Aug-20 02:46:13)

Print Thread

Jump to