User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Sep-20 08:13:35
Print Post

Re: Good basic ADSL service

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

Plusnet have been fine for me, which is one of the reason I have stayed with them for at least another 18 months. i know I did have that connection problem, but that was an Open reach problem, but that is solved now.

I am shocked they are still offering an ADSL service of any type to new customers, but then I suppose there are still places that don't have FTTC.
I know one person who is still on ADSL, they are with Plusnet, who keeps trying to get them to go onto FTTC every time they renew. The reason they will not use FTTC is that houses around there have low speeds and problems with FTTC around there.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC

Edited by zyborg47 (Mon 14-Sep-20 08:15:24)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Sep-20 08:14:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by hk11:
There's one to throw their billing system into even more fits! smile

Never had a problem with their billing system.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Sep-20 10:26:32
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

That's good to hear.

There was someone else on here that said the same thing, but I think they had been with Plusnet for a long time. Maybe it only affects certain customers? New ones perhaps?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Plusnet via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - Shell Energy, NowTV, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Sep-20 14:28:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Plusnet have been fine for me, which is one of the reason I have stayed with them for at least another 18 months. i know I did have that connection problem, but that was an Open reach problem, but that is solved now.

I am shocked they are still offering an ADSL service of any type to new customers, but then I suppose there are still places that don't have FTTC.
I know one person who is still on ADSL, they are with Plusnet, who keeps trying to get them to go onto FTTC every time they renew. The reason they will not use FTTC is that houses around there have low speeds and problems with FTTC around there.

Worse part is Plusnet do not offer both G.fast and FTTP on their product are shocked to be honest!

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Sep-20 18:35:24
Print Post

That's good to hear.

There was someone else on here that said the same thing, but I think they had been with Plusnet for a long time. Maybe it only affects certain customers? New ones perhaps?

I have been with them for a few years now, have to be nearly 5 years.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Sep-20 18:38:32
Print Post

Anyone having billing issues that has been with them for a few years or more?

Probably the wrong place to post this. Might be better on Plusnet Community, although that seems to be fairly quiet. wink

Previously - Shell Energy, NowTV, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Sep-20 18:39:33
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Worse part is Plusnet do not offer both G.fast and FTTP on their product are shocked to be honest!

None of them makes any difference to me as for we don't have G.fast or FTTP here and even if we did I am not that bothered about taking up those services.
plusnet is supposed to be a budget provider I presume and is one of the reasons they do not offer those services, if you want those services then you go with BT or a provider that offer it.
Since Bt owns plusnet, I doubt BT will be in a rush to offer G.fast or FTTP on plusnet as they would want people to use their BT ISP and pay a premium for doing so.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Sep-20 15:12:39
Print Post

I was with Plusnet for 5 years, never a problem. Moved to cable for faster upload speeds when FTTC/VDSL upload speed decreased to a level I was unhappy with. Download was good.

Parents have been with Plusnet for 6 years, no problems, and a friend across town now 2 years (moved from Sky ADSL, to Plusnet ADSL, then Plusnet Fibre/FTTC) with no problems with billing.

Only those with problems report on forums, so you get a distorted view. We have no idea if it is 1% or 50% that have issues, and we never will !

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Sep-20 15:13:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
None of them makes any difference to me as for we don't have G.fast or FTTP here and even if we did I am not that bothered about taking up those services.
Neither option is here either. Although you can have 80/20 on FTTP.

plusnet is supposed to be a budget provider I presume and is one of the reasons they do not offer those services, if you want those services then you go with BT or a provider that offer it.
Since Bt owns plusnet, I doubt BT will be in a rush to offer G.fast or FTTP on plusnet as they would want people to use their BT ISP and pay a premium for doing so.

Or their EE brand.

BT Consumer has three bands:
* BT
* EE
* Plusnet

And it is often hard to tell the last two apart!

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Sep-20 15:22:11
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Good to hear of your positive experiences.

As you say we will never know what percentage of customers do have problems, but according to a couple of posts I read recently some still are. frown

The lack of respons to my complaint seems to suggest Plusnet just don't care.

===========
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to