User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dave9255
(newbie) Wed 25-Nov-20 21:35:43
Print Post

Broken Promise of £60 Reward Card

[link to this post]

When I moved my internet to Plusnet at the beginning of September they promised me a £60 'reward card'. To get that they sent me an e-mail (to a web-mail address) requiring me to fill in some form. Their e-mail contained two links, neither of which worked when I tried them, & they'd imposed a 2 month time limit to apply for the reward card.
I tried those links several times over the two month period with the same result each time.

The day before the 2 months expired I spent a couple of hours trawling the web before getting hold of a phone number for the firm supplying the card. I rang them & got onto Alex who tried it himself and got the same result so he put in a report, mentioning that the limit was about to expire.

They appear to have admitted it was a computer 'error' which has been corrected. The link now works but I get a message saying that the reward period has expired!
I find this whole farce totally unacceptable. I can see no need to either have to apply for the reward nor to have a short time limit on that application. When I was with TalkTalk they simply sent the 'reward' automatically through the post.

Have other people been similarly affected by this?

Is it fair that I should lose out on my reward card as a direct result of what they admit was a failure on their part?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Nov-20 13:51:08
Print Post

Re: Broken Promise of £60 Reward Card

[re: Dave9255] [link to this post]

Have you contacted plusnet about it? Maybe post on their community forum about the website issues and what you tried to get it resolved.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Fri 27-Nov-20 12:19:20
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Agree with Ian, post a complaint on the community forum, see if the admin team there can help.

I moved to sister company BT a while ago, same situation - unable to claim reward card. The mods on the BT community forum were very helpful, and they quickly sorted it out and I got my £100 reward as promised.

Not sure about Plusnet, bit it's certainly a very common issue on the BT forum, dozens and dozens of similar complaints.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Fri 27-Nov-20 12:31:11
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sparky_paul:
Not sure about Plusnet, bit it's certainly a very common issue on the BT forum, dozens and dozens of similar complaints.

Same in the PN forum.

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User Dave9255
(newbie) Sat 12-Dec-20 22:45:16
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

Thanks for the help from all of you.
I did manage to post on the PlusNet forum as suggested. PlusNet do not make it easy to access either their forum or the web-mail. It is all very confusing to even get to the log-in pages! After that it becomes even more confusing finding the correct log-in name and password. A more baffling system would be difficult to design.
Eventually I was sent a cheque for £60 by PlusNet. It's unclear which part of what I did (posting here, posting on PlusNet forum, phoning the Reward Card provider etc. actually had the desired effect.
Thanks again
  Print Thread

Jump to