User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrKite
(member) Sun 11-Apr-21 16:19:45
Print Post

anytime calls package

[link to this post]

have plusnet changed the time duration fora call from 60mins to 55mins, afriend said he changed from Adsl to fttc and was told this is a new criteria, true or urban myth
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Mon 12-Apr-21 10:48:02
Print Post

Re: anytime calls package

[re: MrKite] [link to this post]

Well, for your benefit MrKite (sorry!), it's rare that any PN reps post on here.
You'ld probably be more likely to get a response on PN's own forum on the Billing section, or if you are a member of the Twitterati, they do respond to tweets I believe.

Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet on FTTC since 28/05/2014 and loving it... I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Mon 12-Apr-21 18:55:08
Print Post

The "legal bit" on their website still says you can hang up and redial before 60 minutes (not 55) to avoid being charged.

https://www.plus.net/broadband/fibre-and-phone/

Whilst they don't have the greatest record for keeping the website up-to-date, the page has clearly been revised relatively recently, as it does have the stuff about the inflation-busting annual price rise, which is new this year.

If they did try to charge you after 55 minutes instead of 60, I think you'd have very strong grounds to contest it, given what the website says.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrKite
(member) Mon 12-Apr-21 19:18:02
Print Post

[re: Jaggies] [link to this post]

thanks Jaggies, old jokes are the best eh!
Standard User MrKite
(member) Mon 12-Apr-21 19:27:11
Print Post

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

thanks for your reply TLM, think its a bit of a myth but will do more digging just in case
Standard User Malwaremike
(experienced) Tue 13-Apr-21 11:40:18
Print Post

Posted on PN forum and yes, it's another net rumour. My latest PN bill shows extra for a few minutes' extra on calls over 60 mins, as usual my beloved wife nattering to her sister again ...
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Tue 13-Apr-21 15:08:17
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Just have a laugh about it. Same thing used to happen here every month without fail and cause endless rows.

I'd be only too glad to have it happening again if I could have her back frown

plusnet FTTC 55/10
Using a Fritz!Box 7530

Live BQM
Standard User Malwaremike
(experienced) Tue 13-Apr-21 16:43:46
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Only joking of course, in return she raises my monthly wine bill. My sincere sympathies LE, I can't imagine life without her nor do I want to, but you have no choice.
  Print Thread

Jump to