User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 30-Apr-21 14:33:28
Print Post

Re: Good Bye Plusnet

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
I just wanted the BASE price, no extra discount &c, just the price

As published you mean wink

plusnet FTTC 55/10
Using a Fritz!Box 7530

Live BQM
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Apr-21 14:58:23
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Does look like all the info needed is at the bottom of the page where they list their out of contract prices for all of those products under "Here's the legal bit".
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 30-Apr-21 15:26:34
Print Post

And when you use that it wants address - and then says there is already an account. A non-existent address throws up an error and I will not use someone else's address.

If I force through a non-existent address it will treat it as a new customer - which it is not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 30-Apr-21 15:29:51
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

And why should I need to spend time searching through every page on the website when a 2 minute call could give the answer? And those are, as you say, out of contract, which is not what I need.

A simple - "A twelve month contract for unlimited, including anytime calls to landline and mobile with line rental will be £nn.nn/month" But no, they want to be awkward.

M H C

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Apr-21 15:31:22
Print Post

It will be in the Price List, in "Legal" at the bottom of web pages.

Anyway, if they are out of their minimum term contract as you say, they are probably on the current standard price. Or the one that was in force when that contract ended, plus annual percentage rises.

What you really need to do is get you added as the contact.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 30-Apr-21 15:33:45)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Apr-21 16:30:05
Print Post

You asked what it would be if you didn't have any deal - that is the out of contract price.

Anything else is taking a deal and PlusNet do different deals for different people - and therefore need to know who they are dealing with to provide what the deal is.

If what you are looking for is the standard price then it is on that web page and you don't need to speak to PlusNet. If you want to know what the price would be if a new contract was entered in to then that is a "deal" and they would need to know who they are doing the deal for to decide what price they are going to offer. Like many ISPs they don't seem to have a standard price for existing customers who want to recontract to a new deal.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 30-Apr-21 16:57:40
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

No, a deal is a negotiated price different from their standard in-contract price.

And NO the standard price is NOT there - you find a combined price for 12 month, anytime calls, BB and line rental as a single package.

Every other ISP I have spoken with today is quite willing to give a price without any number/address details. And Plusnet will be losing another customer.

And the refusal to put me through to a complaints team - makes it even worse.

M H C

Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 30-Apr-21 17:24:24
Print Post

Deleted - seems pointless as you've made your mind up smile

plusnet FTTC 55/10
Using a Fritz!Box 7530

Live BQM

Edited by longedge (Fri 30-Apr-21 17:27:51)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 30-Apr-21 17:32:30
Print Post

Exactly - I wanted their standard in-contract price. No "special deal - just for you", no negotiations, just the base price.

When one of the sales team working for my peer spoke to a customer for communications service (data and voice) they would have a standard (in contract) price which combined the elements the customer wanted - and then they would negotiate a deal. Often there would be "blind enquiries" where the standard price was fully acceptable at first enquiry, often through an intermediary without knowing the end customer, then further downstream negotiations would take place.

M H C

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Apr-21 17:46:11
Print Post

Any number of sites Minusnet included would give a price with no need for a phone call.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to