User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Apr-21 18:00:03
Print Post

Re: Good Bye Plusnet

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

That links to a (screwed up?) BQM page for a Zen connection. wink

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User 69bertie
(member) Fri 30-Apr-21 19:56:55
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by danielhyde:
There is still two types of exchange and the wholesale cost is lower on one them.
Their system will probably only give a price if you enter the phone number as the price will probably be based on which exchange you are connected to.

Very true. I was on a a higher priced exchange (Market 1, which if I recall correctly, became Market A) and as such, always paid more than someone on a Market B exchange.

When they advertise a low price it is usually based on someone being on a Market B exchange - read the small print. I use to pay something like £6 a month more than that advertised low price. Unfortunately it isn't just PN, Any ISP that uses the Openreach network tends to have this dual pricing.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-May-21 20:13:20
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

Like you my exchange wasn't as PN call it "a low cost exchange", ADSL only and although I had been with them for years at that point in time the renewing deal was a joke compared to previous years.

PN supply BB and Phone for John Lewis so I migrated to JL as it was a better deal and still is for me for the time being.

Probably go over to using 4G from EE or O2 at some point.

Edit: should say I've never had any serious issues with the connection from the PN network

ADSL2+ Broadband

Edited by Apprentice (Sun 02-May-21 20:16:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-May-21 12:53:47
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

They don't do a "standard in-contract" price. You have deals that are offered at the start of a contract that you can take. You have the standard price when those deals have ended (which the link was provided earlier). Other than that there is no "standard in-contract" price - it is a negotiated price if you agree to a minimum term.

All the other suppliers will be providing their pricing based on a new customer. For existing customers there are few suppliers that publish any pricing other than what the standard price would be when their minimum term ends.

If anyone knows of a supplier that publishes deals for publicly for people who have reached their minimum term but are willing to take out a new minimum term then it would be interesting to see - most would require you to contact their retentions to discuss what they would offer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to