User comments on ISPs
  >> Post Office

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bemused_Mike
(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 22:29:35
Print Post

Re: Post Office switching BB to Talk Talk

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Many thanks for highlighting the relevant small print for me, Xray. I greatly appreciate it. smile

Also, thanks for the advice. smile

I actually phoned the PO today and was told that MAC codes would usually be issued within 24 to 48 hours. However, like Ian said above, I beleive they would give you a MAC over the phone if you called them.

With regards to the notice period, I was told providing you were outwith any contract period you could leave whenever you wanted to. I think giving the PO a couple of weeks notice is only fair though, plus it allows you to get a switchover to another ISP sorted out. wink
(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 22:33:42
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Possibly just have to call them up and give 30 days notice on the broadband and request a MAC key...

Phoned them today. See my post above to find out what they told me.

In reply to a post by 4M2:
If you keep the PO line rental then you will of course have to choose an ISP that does Broadband only…maybe Plusnet for 21CN or a reseller such as xilo or vivaciti for partial LLU.

I was looking at Plusnet last night and they seem viable.

The others you mentioned I am not familiar with, although I will look into them. Thanks for the suggestions. smile
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 22:50:58
Print Post

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

May I ask what kind of service you have with the Post Office?

Yep same as you

Big movie or game fans, eh?

Youngest son an avid gamer, he is off to uni it 4 weeks, the other son is off to New Zealand for the winter...... so usage will drop

Is there a way you can check?

Apparently from September 2nd there may be according to the leaflet they have sent out http://www.postoffice.co.uk/betterthanever

That seems a bit sniffy to me

and me..... after we had a discussion
"Do you mind if i ask where you are thinking of moving your broadband too"
"You can ask......but i am not going to tell you".......

"nobody offers unlimited broadband" he said,
"Plusnet do" (let the cat out of the bag there didn't i)

So they made this monthly reduction offer to you after you told them you were wanting to leave? Is that right?

That's right i think they may have received many requests for MAC's

this caller display charge

Current charge £1.49/month (off the top of my head) monthly charge from September 1st = ZERO

CERCHING $$$ £££

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 23:20:37
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian007jen:
Apparently from September 2nd there may be according to the leaflet they have sent out http://www.postoffice.co.uk/betterthanever

Many thanks for this. I must have missed this detail in their literature. blush I really must read things more carefully. grin

"Do you mind if i ask where you are thinking of moving your broadband too"
"You can ask......but i am not going to tell you".......

Ha, Ha, good for you, fella. laugh

"nobody offers unlimited broadband" he said,
"Plusnet do" (let the cat out of the bag there didn't i)

Ah, so you were considering Plusnet yourself? May I ask which package of theirs was tempting you?

So they made this monthly reduction offer to you after you told them you were wanting to leave? Is that right?

That's right i think they may have received many requests for MAC's

Hardly a surprise given who the company about to take over the reigns is. You must have had reservations yourself, like me, no?

Hmm...I wonder if I should give it a punt and see if the PO offer me any discount. smirk

Current charge £1.49/month (off the top of my head) monthly charge from September 1st = ZERO

Oh right, that charge. I remember it now. I opted out of that when I joined them. smile

You had me worried for a bit there. I thought they were trying to sneak in a little stealth charge I didn't know about. tongue

Not a bad little freebie come September. Mind you it will be a small consolation if the service suffers under TalkTalk. frown
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Thu 29-Aug-13 08:25:36
Print Post

May I ask which package of theirs was tempting you?

With our usage the unlimited.
You must have had reservations yourself, like me, no?

Not really, small market 1 exchange they cant move me anywhere, just hope the backhaul has enough bandwidth and is not congested.
I wonder if I should give it a punt and see if the PO offer me any discount

Give it a go, it wont cost you anything

IAn

Edited by ian007jen (Thu 29-Aug-13 08:29:09)

(member) Fri 30-Aug-13 23:11:40
Print Post

With our usage the unlimited.

Ah yes, of course. I should have figured that out myself. blush

I was actually toying with the idea of giving their Essentials Fibre Broadband and calls a go. Boy I would love to try out fibre broadband. grin

Not really, small market 1 exchange they cant move me anywhere, just hope the backhaul has enough bandwidth and is not congested.

Forgive me if I seem a bit dim, but what exactly do you mean they can't move you anywhere?

Give it a go, it wont cost you anything

True, but knowing my luck they would probably just let me leave. tongue Once you've got that MAC code doesn't that pretty much begin your notice period? It did with the last ISP I was with.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 31-Aug-13 02:50:37
Print Post

Requesting a MAC just means you are thinking of leaving. You don't have to use it if you decide not to.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Sat 31-Aug-13 08:13:36
Print Post

what exactly do you mean they can't move you anywhere?

No talk-talk equipment in the exchange http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SWRSO
Less then 100 lines, no LLU, no fibre, no adsl2, no adsl2+, only hope for improvement is full fibre to the home like in cornwall
http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre-cornwall/

Ian
(member) Sun 01-Sep-13 18:26:18
Print Post

No talk-talk equipment in the exchange...

Now that is rare. ooo Or perhaps a blessing? wink
Less then 100 lines, no LLU, no fibre, no adsl2, no adsl2+, only hope for improvement is full fibre to the home like in cornwall

Jeez! shocked Do you have something like a 2MB connection then, Ian?

I sure hope your exchange gets some improvements in the not too distant future.

This may be a silly question to you, but I'm curious. If talktalk had kit in your exchange and offered you their full LLU service would you take it?
(member) Sun 01-Sep-13 18:29:35
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Oh right. Well that's good to know. smile Thanks for that, XRay. smile
Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to