When I try
I get ' linechecker is not availabel, try later.'
..and this was what I got from
for my address.
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 51.1 35 8.8 6 32.3 Available Available
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 49.4 31.8 8.7 5.5 25 Available Available
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Which may mean I should be getting what I got - a 17mbps download link speed.
I did try the attenuation-vs adsl2 download speed graph, it was that that gave me the idea that the problems was a the exchange end limiting things - however I dont know how the SNR couples into the reckoning - or indeed if my SNR is particularly poor.
So on the whole I am non the wiser as to the cause of my slowdown.