General Discussion
  >> Local Loop Unbundling & Regulation Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadbandjockey
(member) Tue 08-Oct-19 13:28:02
Print Post

Re: Getting Phone Line Re Routed

[re: ConsumersFriend] [link to this post]

It's an SSE (local electrical company) pole. It is one of several that carry the village feed along the road. Three other properties as well as our own are fed overhead from it. Our BT line, uses it as a 'jump' point, for their own row of poles the other side of the road.

Edited by broadbandjockey (Tue 08-Oct-19 13:28:36)

Standard User ConsumersFriend
(committed) Tue 08-Oct-19 13:35:19
Print Post

[re: broadbandjockey] [link to this post]

SSE will normally want to remove "their" pole so as to end ongoing liabilities - have you checked what they intend?, especially if you as the landowner no longer want it there!
Standard User broadbandjockey
(member) Tue 08-Oct-19 13:40:31
Print Post

[re: ConsumersFriend] [link to this post]

No, you misunderstand, I'm only having our house being fed underground from the pole, not having the pole itself removed. If the pole is removed, the entire village feed will have to go underground, and all the other (20+ poles removed) and everyone refed accordingly. Even if 'our' pole was removed, the other three properties would need to have underground feeds too

Edited by broadbandjockey (Tue 08-Oct-19 13:41:29)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User threelegs
(regular) Tue 08-Oct-19 16:56:45
Print Post

[re: JonRennie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JonRennie:
Standard Telecom ducting is 54mm...getting a rope through a 25mm duct is not going to be easy especially if there's already a cable in there.

I put 25mm ducting across the garden from pole to house for the FTTP connection. the OR engineer didnt care what size duct was in place. to get a rope through start with a small bit of cloth tied to fishing line and either suck it through with a vacum (good old henry!) or blow it with a compressor then tie the proper rope to the fishing line and pull it in. thats what I did and the OR bod couldnt believe all the hard work was done for him, he turned up before 0800 on new years day and i didnt hear him outside pulling the connectorised fibre through, one loop left at pole end to go to manifold and a MUCH bigger loop at the house end for me to feed through the house to the cupboard where the ONT now lives
Standard User dect
(committed) Tue 08-Oct-19 17:35:42
Print Post

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by threelegs:
I put 25mm ducting across the garden from pole to house for the FTTP connection. the OR engineer didnt care what size duct was in place. to get a rope through start with a small bit of cloth tied to fishing line and either suck it through with a vacum (good old henry!) or blow it with a compressor then tie the proper rope to the fishing line and pull it in. thats what I did and the OR bod couldnt believe all the hard work was done for him, he turned up before 0800 on new years day and i didnt hear him outside pulling the connectorised fibre through, one loop left at pole end to go to manifold and a MUCH bigger loop at the house end for me to feed through the house to the cupboard where the ONT now lives
Sounds like you did the right thing for your FTTP installation.

The official Openreach requirement is 25mm for just fibre or 54mm for both copper and fibre.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to