Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Feb-13 19:09:54
Print Post

Re: Amazon annoying

[re: TrishaH] [link to this post]

Thanks!

Sorry, can't see anything obviously wrong with the email. It would certainly seem to be sent from a proper Amazon addy, [email protected] via their own SMTP, but as I say these can be forged.

You haven't joined any campaigns, have you?

Interesting that item is being sold by the same seller, Wayfair, on both eBay & Amazon. Wonder if they have something to do with it. Anyway I have browsed it on both, so will see if I get an email & to which email addy.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Tue 26-Feb-13 19:26:54)

Standard User TrishaH
(committed) Wed 27-Feb-13 00:12:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Campaigns? Not sure what those are, so probably not smile
I have nothing to do with any social networking etc.

Interesting what you say about the same seller of those being on both sites!

I don't have the first one, but I'd been looking at a particular brand of trackpants on the manufacturers Ebay shop, then got an Amazon email a day or so later but it had the same make plus others included. I deleted it because it annoyed me mad

Something else that I find a bit irritating, particularly because it's a company I respect, is the fact that if I look at things on John Lewis's site but don't buy anything, I've occasionally had an email thanking me for visiting their site and showing some of their new stock items!
I don't think I logged in on every occasion, but it does feel a little annoying even if it's perhaps only an automated system.
I think if it happens again, I'll get in touch and tell them I don't find it in keeping with their standards.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Feb-13 00:32:45
Print Post

Again I've never had anything like that from John Lewis and I browse them a lot, but hardly ever logged in so they won't know my email. Whereas at Amazon & eBay I am invariably signed in. Cuz from those I can only buy online, while with JLP I go to the local store for the items & prices I researched online.

By "Campaign" I was just going by the Amazon From: addy and wondered if it meant some sort of marketing campaign you may have signed up for.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Wed 27-Feb-13 00:34:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Feb-13 00:49:43
Print Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.htm...
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Feb-13 01:23:48
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

Which bit you referring to?

Standard User TrishaH
(committed) Wed 27-Feb-13 01:44:48
Print Post

Ah! I've purchased from JL's site ever since it appeared ..we don't have a store nearby.

I still like them a lot though, but if it happens again, I'll tell them I don't care for the practice.
They seem to have their new site up now, so perhaps it's set up a bit differently and won't make such scrutiny obvious.

No, not signed up to any marketing stuff from Amazon.
I tend to delete marketing emails without reading them unless I'm particularly interested.

Standard User TrishaH
(committed) Wed 27-Feb-13 01:46:10
Print Post

Thanks.
There's a lot on that page and it's late ...is it a specific section - I'll read it tomorrow smile

Standard User hypertony
(committed) Wed 27-Feb-13 08:15:55
Print Post

If it's any help... I too am seeing the same thing as well!

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Feb-13 09:17:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by TrishaH:
...is it a specific section.....

Usage.... And the link to their privacy policy.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Feb-13 13:03:27
Print Post

Doesn't explain why some get these emails and some don't, and the cross-fertilisation from eBay.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to