Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User grapevine1
(regular) Sat 19-Jan-19 08:01:34
Print Post

Re: stop wifi remotely, ethernet lan to remain on.

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Bob,
like you "PS: A long-established silver surfer! "
My line is running today at at 30/31G
So I'll now get separates for WiFi and ISP connection as it all appears to be working my contract for 12 months said min of 29G so thats more than enough after all the years sub 5G. The DP is on the ple in the Lane oposite the house a number of fibre cables still hanging down the pole from its renewal on Thursday when openreach contractors ended up closing the lane from 8:30 until gone 5:30 but did 3 poles in total. competition in the form of community broadband from the next village is creaping to me (a difficult half mile away) but dont think their price will interest any possibles where i am. Lucky i wasnt at home (left before dawn returned at 11:30pm) as there was all hell to play as the residents were not advance notified (nor me) neither was the council etc just a man with a flag apparently 1/2 mile appart, and its a long drive round.
BW
grapevine1
Standard User grapevine1
(regular) Sun 20-Jan-19 22:56:58
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Hi Baby F_M
I have just finished my hunt now at speed because I have a great working 32M download provision AT LAST.
Also have just established that there is a V3 of the VR900V2 which has just been claimed as a good mod and/or mod to the V2(It does however require 2.5Amp at 12 volts, which will do to carry me thro a temporary period. I should know tomorrow (Monday) if there is any physical mod to the V2 not only software, the V3 should now be in the market place so I was informed..

Then a pal of mine has promised to set up a Mikrotek separates system for me.
he rang me to say it was going to be a belated xmas present. he, I did not know, uses commercially that equipmentfor his Community broadband and other major public events, so when he stays with us again in the next weeks, I will get a full practical hands on tutorial in the gear he has a vast theoretical and practical experience in,
So we will inform all of the system and setting up to reduce being the aim of those to attempt any further easy DoS etc that I have suffered in the recent past.
I am not looking forward to Tuesday as thats down to transfer to 3G/4G new mobiles and mobile network migration provision. I always buy smartphones outright seperate from sims with now the advantage of dual sim smartphones I can now for advantage put the other country sim in before I get rushed off in future.
thanks for your ideas from your practical experiences.
BW
Grappevine1
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Jan-19 09:03:52
Print Post

[re: grapevine1] [link to this post]

Yeah according to the TP Link website there now appears to be a VR900-V3. Pretty sure the V3 will have slightly different hardware, it *should* be an improvement over the excellent V2.

https://www.lambda-tek.com/TP-LINK-ARCHER-VR900-V3~s...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User grapevine1
(regular) Thu 24-Jan-19 08:51:42
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Thanks for all your suggestions,
I now know I am on a pre 2012 CAB with a little update to the old infineon electronics so I believe it will only supply just over 200 customers.
There is one hell of a row going on near to the cab in that some asking for FTTC cannot get it because altho new houses have been put in the large house garden (called development) what was the most expensive road/lane to live in in Wales the cable feed to the houses goes a long way 4Km to get to them altho some can see the CAB.
We also found out last night when I with neighbours saw openreach working in a new BT manhole further down this lane making off a 36 core fibre cable that had been drawn from the exchange past my house to basically a field that has become a pivate schools playing field (the jointer was a little confused why he said this big cable when only one core is to feed a small changing room!!!!!!?????). We as residents were not notified because that field is in the neighbouing council land!!!!! It turns out that councillors agreed a land swop!!!!!! What have we stumbled on the river was the only boundary we were aware of so who got what for what.
BW
grapevine1
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to