User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Jul-19 12:41:25
Print Post

Re: Is Sky Broadband Superfast the same as Sky Fibre Max ?

[re: Apophis] [link to this post]

I joined The AA for £20 and got a free additional driver.

The renewal cost this year is £93 including £25 for additional driver

Is your situation similar? They lure you in with free offers but only for the length of the contract.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Apophis
(regular) Fri 19-Jul-19 15:44:43
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
I joined The AA for £20 and got a free additional driver.

The renewal cost this year is £93 including £25 for additional driver

Is your situation similar? They lure you in with free offers but only for the length of the contract.

No. I've been with Sky 1992. It's only last year when I initially renegotiated that I entered into a new 12 month contract. Then, towards the end of that I got my free upgrade to Sky Fibre Max - nothing specified in the email confirming that upgrade that it was only for a limited time. Rewind two weeks ago when that contract came to an end and spoke about my new deal, did I then enter into a new 18 month contract on the revised reduced price. I specifically said that nothing is going to change, and the move from Sky Fibre Max to Sky Superfast was nothing more than a "name/branding" change. So no, nothing to do with any luring in. But clearly, Sky have performed some sorcery behind the scenes that has taken my Max away and capped my speed to 40Mbps, which is not what I was on before - so clearly something has changed.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Thu 01-Aug-19 12:47:46
Print Post

[re: Apophis] [link to this post]

The new Superfast option covers both the 40/10 and 80/20 products under one price.

Coincidentally Sky rolled out a new internal checker which for many has seriously reduced their sync speed range so when they have re-contracted from Fibre Max to Superfast, they have been re-provisioned on the 40/10 product.

When I moved two and a half years ago my only option was Fibre Unlimited because the range was 33 - 53 Mbps but now on the new checker my range is 27 - 35 Mbps even though my line syncs at 40/10.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to