User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User investmentbanker
(newbie) Wed 27-Jan-10 09:00:33
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk now automatically changes your telephone number

[re: lenaspell] [link to this post]

Oh god, here we go again about investment banking. I never should have used that moniker as my user name.
Standard User lenaspell
(member) Wed 27-Jan-10 09:11:20
Print Post

[re: investmentbanker] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by investmentbanker:
Oh god, here we go again about investment banking. I never should have used that moniker as my user name.

It wasn't your moniker I was commenting on but your assertion of how many years you had been in banking when you likened that experience to that of the TT staff.

However leaving that aside it is interesting that you once more miss the point and therefore the underlying message I was trying to convey. I was suggesting an alternative approach to you as your present one doesn't seem to be getting you, and more importantly your elderly client, anywhere fast.

But I expect you'll bat it to one side and have it your way. So be it.

Len

Zen 8000 Active. Netgear DGN2000 Router.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit ; Windows XP Pro SP3 and iMac 9.1 and MacBook both running Snow Leopard smile
(newbie) Wed 27-Jan-10 09:30:24
Print Post

What I like about this whole thread - in fact, think it is funny - is that nobody attempts to defend the way TalkTalk has operated in this situation (and no doubt, many others), i.e. no attempt to defend unnecessarily changing a customer's telephone number, then thus having to make them wait 6 weeks for the new line to go live for broadband, the TalkTalk rep either not knowing basics about his job or having been lied to by TalkTalk (the bit where the rep told me that unless at the point of sale that I made it a point of stating that I wanted to keep my original telephone number that TalkTalk would change it), TalkTalk reps not being able to call the customer's number to confirm that he/she has a third-party dealing with the matter on their behalf, the TalkTalk Support person on this forum suggesting that TalkTalk was acting in my best interests because I was risking a 5-year prison sentence and hefty fines (not possible - I had the permission of the account holder - if only TalkTalk could have verified that, but alas, they don't trust their employees enough to give them outgoing lines).

I am trying to figure out what is going on on this forum and this thread, i.e. it is a fact that TalkTalk has an atrocious reputation with the public, and yet everybody here is pro-TalkTalk. Could it be . . . . . could it be . . . . . . could it possiblly be . . . . . . that TalkTalk has mobilised a group of employees to act as cheerleaders and "talk down" anybody that has a complaint about TalkTalk??? My guess is that the average dissatisfied TalkTalk customer does not post on these forums and just either puts up with it or migrates away.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User matthewlowry88
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Jan-10 09:50:04
Print Post

No-one is defending them because things have gone wrong and obviously service hasn't been perfect - however, at least Em has offered to help - the community support people tend to be very good and they were very helpful in sorting out a problem for my friend on the TalkTalk members forums. Additionally, no matter how aggrieved you feel, people do not deserved to be spoken to like that. The guys on the front line are doing what they are told and what they can within their powers - if you have a gripe, treat the front-line reps nicely and then take it up with a higher level.

If you just ditch the bad attitude and ask nicely, I am sure Em will be delighted to help you. She was polite and helpful in her previous post.

matt wink

> Sky Broadband - Mid 8MBit Customer [Home]
Standard User lenaspell
(member) Wed 27-Jan-10 09:51:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by investmentbanker:
What I like about this whole thread - in fact, think it is funny - is that nobody attempts to defend the way TalkTalk has operated in this situation (and no doubt, many others), i.e. no attempt to defend unnecessarily changing a customer's telephone number, then thus having to make them wait 6 weeks for the new line to go live for broadband, the TalkTalk rep either not knowing basics about his job or having been lied to by TalkTalk (the bit where the rep told me that unless at the point of sale that I made it a point of stating that I wanted to keep my original telephone number that TalkTalk would change it), TalkTalk reps not being able to call the customer's number to confirm that he/she has a third-party dealing with the matter on their behalf, the TalkTalk Support person on this forum suggesting that TalkTalk was acting in my best interests because I was risking a 5-year prison sentence and hefty fines (not possible - I had the permission of the account holder - if only TalkTalk could have verified that, but alas, they don't trust their employees enough to give them outgoing lines).

I am trying to figure out what is going on on this forum and this thread, i.e. it is a fact that TalkTalk has an atrocious reputation with the public, and yet everybody here is pro-TalkTalk. Could it be . . . . . could it be . . . . . . could it possiblly be . . . . . . that TalkTalk has mobilised a group of employees to act as cheerleaders and "talk down" anybody that has a complaint about TalkTalk??? My guess is that the average dissatisfied TalkTalk customer does not post on these forums and just either puts up with it or migrates away.

On the contrary - you just ignore matters when it suits your argument. If you look at the start of my post today you see this :-

I understand your frustration and no doubt that TT have made a number of errors along the way. However your attitude and approach has not helped resolve the issue one iota.

So you see I do believe that TT have made errors and serious ones. I am not a supporter of TT and never have been. I have never worked for TT and nor do I belong to any support group. In fact I have been critical of them elsewhere. But it is the company's processes and procedures that need attacking and improving and not an attack on the staff per se.

The whole purpose of my posting was to suggest to you a moderation to your approach in order to, perhaps hopefully, obtain some assistance from TalkTalk. Attacking me, or indeed anybody else that suggests some help, really doesn't help you resolve the situation for your 'charity case'.

You should have a rethink as to whether your current approach is actually helping get the matter resolved.

Len

Windows 7 Pro 64bit ; Windows XP Pro SP3 and iMac 9.1 and MacBook both running Snow Leopard smile
Standard User lenaspell
(member) Wed 27-Jan-10 09:54:55
Print Post

[re: matthewlowry88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by matthewlowry88:
No-one is defending them because things have gone wrong and obviously service hasn't been perfect - however, at least Em has offered to help - the community support people tend to be very good and they were very helpful in sorting out a problem for my friend on the TalkTalk members forums. Additionally, no matter how aggrieved you feel, people do not deserved to be spoken to like that. The guys on the front line are doing what they are told and what they can within their powers - if you have a gripe, treat the front-line reps nicely and then take it up with a higher level.

If you just ditch the bad attitude and ask nicely, I am sure Em will be delighted to help you. She was polite and helpful in her previous post.

matt wink

Well said and exactly what I was trying to convey too. smile

Len

(newbie) Wed 27-Jan-10 13:25:42
Print Post

[re: matthewlowry88] [link to this post]

Matthewlowry,

Em never offered to help - she simply suggested that I had called up for a new service (which I in fact did) rather than migrate over from another service. Well, as I pointed out in my original post, the charity case guy never had service - all he ever had was BT telephone service. So I called up and ordered new service - so what - why does that necessitate a new telephone number (the TalkTallk rep said it was because I had to know to request that the old number be kept - which is nonsense - I don't have to know to request that). So, Em never offered to help, either on the thread or in private.

Secondly, I didn't come here for help from TalkTalk - I didn't even know they had employees lurking here (if I had known that, I might have come here first rather than waste my time on the phone with a TalkTalk rep who can't even call the customer - at least Em can reply to me here - more than can be said for the TalkTalk telephone rep).

Minor correction - the "engineer" that came out, did NOT leave a router - that apparently arrives a couple of days before the line goes live for broadband (I thought he had left a router, but when I visited the charity case guy, I found out otherwise). Thus, what will happen is, we will receive the router, the line will go live, and then we will put in for a disconnection (because TalkTalk wants to charge/suck the blood out of this dying man because they erred and sent an "engineer" out when the flat was already wired with a BT line, and want to charge £30 for it. It's not my choice of a solution, but TalkTalk has boxed my client into a corner, and I won't let him pay £30 for nothing - that's actually a lot of money to the guy (and I know that, at this point, one of you will post back and say, "Yeah, well, Carphone Warehouse is a FTSE 100 company and has £15 billion in the bank so why do you think they care about your client and his piddly little thirty quid???").

The router will go in the rubbish bin.

Edited by investmentbanker (Wed 27-Jan-10 13:27:02)

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Wed 27-Jan-10 15:23:11
Print Post

Hi Investmentbanker,

There are two different numbers used for sales and new line instalation customers. The sales agents can not arrange a new line instalation. If you call this number and ask for the service to be migrated from an active BT line to TalkTalk then that is exactly what you would get. The team who take calls on this number can not arrange engineers - they can run n availability test and they would providethe new lines number if the property was showing as a cable service or the line was not already active

The new lines number can only arrange new line instalation and not a migration from another provider. They take the address details and check to see if there is a service that has been previously activated and stopped or if a whole new line instalation is required. The engineer fee is the same for both services with TalkTalk. The necesity for an engineer visit is verified by BT Openreach. If you called the number for a new instalation (as you state you did in your last post despite saying you did not in an earlier post) then your "client" has got the service you requested. If the line was live on BTs network already there was no requirement for you to order a new line as the property already had an active service and a migraton from BT to TalkTalk could have been arranaged if the correct sales channel had been used.

You may also wish to inform your client that a new line instalation comes with a 24 month contract term and not an 18 month contract as per migrations from another provider.

As per my previous post relating to data protection I can answer general questions for you in relation to this matter but I can not discuss account specifics with anyone other than the named account holder. The named account holder is welcome to register and post at www.talktalkmembers.com/forums should they wish for us to look into this further. Upon a request from the named account holder we can review the sales call to see exactly what services were requested at the point of sale.

Cheers
Em x

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User lenaspell
(member) Wed 27-Jan-10 16:31:23
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
You may also wish to inform your client that a new line instalation comes with a 24 month contract term and not an 18 month contract as per migrations from another provider.

As per my previous post relating to data protection I can answer general questions for you in relation to this matter but I can not discuss account specifics with anyone other than the named account holder. The named account holder is welcome to register and post at www.talktalkmembers.com/forums should they wish for us to look into this further. Upon a request from the named account holder we can review the sales call to see exactly what services were requested at the point of sale.

Cheers
Em x

With respect Em if you read the whole of this thread what you have just suggested is total nonsense and a non starter. Not least because he doesn't yet have an internet connection and also the OP clearly stated that he has never used a computer before so he is hardly likely to be able to register and post at your forum.

You clearly have not understood the precise nature of this gentleman's condition hence having Investmentbanker as his guide as part of the church's charity provision. Surely there must be someone in TalkTalk's higher management that can grasp the issues here.

Having stoutly defended you this morning and being rounded upon for doing so I am beginning to despair myself at the intransigence of your Company's position. Whatever happened to using common sense and compassion?

I dread to think what Investmentbanker is going to make of your latest posting.

An urgent case of a rethink on the part of TalkTalk is now due and you need to involve Senior Management. I can see this hitting the Sunday Times!

Len

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Wed 27-Jan-10 16:45:00
Print Post

Hi Len,

As I've explained in my last postings in this thread I am bound by data protection law. I am afraid that I can not discuss the account with a thrid party due to this fact. It is not that I don't want to help, it is the fact that my hands are tied by UK law in the information I can and can not discuss with a third party. I am afraid the law makes no allowances for "common sense and compassion"

The only other couse of action I can suggest is a letter to the Customer Liaison Manager to the head office address as detailed in the consumer code of conduct on the TalkTalk Website - http://media.talktalk.co.uk/sites/TalkTalk/Static/Le... See section 14 for the complaints procedure.

Cheers
Em x

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to