User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cheyenne67
(newbie) Thu 28-Jan-10 11:19:07
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk now automatically changes your telephone number

[re: investmentbanker] [link to this post]

My god man what's the world coming to???
I really feel for the so called "minimum wage guy" being on such a low income and having to listen aggravating members of society like yourself!!!
On one hand you say you do a disabled guy a favour and on the other you disrespect people on low incomes... Scitzo
Standard User XRaySpeX
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Jan-10 14:11:51
Print Post

What's the point of repeatedly playing the "charity case" card, particularly here to us, like you were trying to garner our undeserved sympathy for you? You are also constantly denigrating your client by referring to him as "your charity case client" and "bedridden" when he is simply your "client".

However as many others here have observed, that is par for the course for you. I have watched your long-winded explanations here and they plainly show you to be arrogant, patronising, condescending, rude, insulting, uneducated ... and so on ... your faults seem unending. You do yourself no favours in resolving the problem you raised by your tirades.

You obviously have a big problem relating to people and I imagine that as an soi-disant Investment Banker, you spent your career talking only to screens. Obviously, you then failed as a banker and are now masquerading as a Computer Repairman.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg BB
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Jan-10 18:04:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
You obviously have a big problem relating to people and I imagine that as an soi-disant Investment Banker, you spent your career talking only to screens. Obviously, you then failed as a banker and are now masquerading as a Computer Repairman.

Do you honestly think this guy is a banker ?

He is definitely something that sounds like a banker. grin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Jan-10 18:17:57
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

No, hence my "soi-disant" wink

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg BB
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Jan-10 19:37:25
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

If the line has ever been on a Cable service the marker would remain on the line and a new number would be required as LLU is not compatible with cable markers.

Not strictly true. It's if the number was originally provided by a cableco. TalkTalk can't port numbers owned by them. Even if the number is currently with BT. The original provider controls the number.

This is due to TalkTalk not having a Number Portability Agreement with the cablecos rather than any technical reason to do with LLU.

Of course, the reverse is also true. So anyone who gets a new number from TalkTalk should be aware that they will not be able to transfer that number to the cableco in the future. Or any other provider who they don't have an agreement with.

TalkTalk should really address this.

Edited by RandomJointer (Thu 28-Jan-10 19:43:36)

Standard User ETEE
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Jan-10 00:14:48
Print Post

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RandomJointer:
TalkTalk should really address this.

They should indeed and it would surely be good for their business to have a traffic exchange agreement with Virgin. Maybe they will after Opal won their recent Ofcom battle with BT about exchanging mobile calls.

ETEE

16448kbps/1017kbps Best Speed 13820kbps cool ThinkBroadband SpeedTester

Worst Speed 211kbps confused shocked TalkTalk LLU ADSL2+
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Jan-10 01:13:39
Print Post

[re: ETEE] [link to this post]

Maybe they will after Opal won their recent Ofcom battle with BT about exchanging mobile calls.

I have no idea what Opal / BT mobile termination charges have to do with Virgin / TalkTalk Number Portability issues.

Number Portability between TalkTalk and Virgin are nothing to do with BT!

Their problem is that they both are only geared to simple ports away from BT. They are both big boys now and should be able to agree number ports between themselves.

The OP may not be the politest punter in the pack but raises a relevant issue.

The lack of a TalkTalk Number Portability Agreement with anyone other than BT is anti competitive and presents punters moving in or away from TalkTalk with a barrier.

If TalkTalk won't agree a porting deal with other providers, they should refund and return to donor FOC imho.

Standard User ETEE
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Jan-10 16:06:24
Print Post

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RandomJointer:
Maybe they will after Opal won their recent Ofcom battle with BT about exchanging mobile calls.

I have no idea what Opal / BT mobile termination charges have to do with Virgin / TalkTalk Number Portability issues.

The principle is similar.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/draft_deter_...

ETEE

16448kbps/1017kbps Best Speed 13820kbps cool ThinkBroadband SpeedTester

Worst Speed 211kbps confused shocked TalkTalk LLU ADSL2+
Standard User Hatari
(regular) Sun 31-Jan-10 11:55:29
Print Post

Have dragged myself all the way through this topic, I do wonder how many if any of the posts helped the customer. Why do people have to jump in and attack OPs on forums for bad grammar etc, all it does is allow the OP to continue the rant. Rather than not posting and the topic either just dying or someone who can really help posting. As for protecting Emma worry not she is very capable of protecting herself.

Just as an aside, Talktalk and the Opal Business side of CPW do not even seem to be able to port numbers between each other.

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 31-Jan-10 12:04:33
Print Post

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hatari:
Just as an aside, Talktalk and the Opal Business side of CPW do not even seem to be able to port numbers between each other.

You say "seem" have you proof of this sweeping statement ? crazy
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to