User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User investmentbanker
(newbie) Tue 02-Feb-10 01:35:45
Print Post

Re: You should show your customer some respect mate

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Wow! That was a short post for you smile

It's not so much the reference to "charity case", as your repeatedly bringing it up here that's patronising.

Well, your objection is totally different from what the other person posted. You feel you/the thread are being patronised - the other person felt my client was being patronised. Not everybody can be satisfied all the time. To each, his own.

Edited by investmentbanker (Tue 02-Feb-10 01:44:29)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 02-Feb-10 02:32:39
Print Post

[re: investmentbanker] [link to this post]

No, you don't listen again! It's patronising towards your client.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg BB
Standard User lenaspell
(member) Tue 02-Feb-10 07:59:35
Print Post

[re: investmentbanker] [link to this post]

Getting back on thread - is this resolved yet? grin

Len

Zen 8000 Active. Netgear DGN2000 Router.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit ; Windows XP Pro SP3 and iMac 9.1 and MacBook both running Snow Leopard smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User investmentbanker
(newbie) Tue 02-Feb-10 11:00:21
Print Post

[re: lenaspell] [link to this post]

No, we never got anywhere, nothing got done. As it stands, TT changed the number even though it was a BT line (for whatever reason - perhaps TT was told by BT that it was a cable line - whatever). Thus, TT will bill him £30 for the visit (even though the BT Openreach engineer did nothing - he showed up and found out it was already a BT line). The deal I signed my client up for was free installation (this presumed it was a BT line). Given that the guy has very little money (again, my church asked me to cobble together a computer from spare parts for the guy), we can't really let him pay the £30 installation. And I'm not going to pay, and neither is our church. And I can't talk to TT. It is unfortunate, but that is how it worked out in the end, and we will go for a disconnect after the line goes live unless TT waives the bogus installation charge (this is problematic, because it will require my client to get on the phone with TT and tell them things like "I never ordered a new telephone number", and "I never had a cable line - it was a BT line from the get-go". Of course, the problem is that all of this is way over my client's head - as mentioned above, he's never touched a computer before, and when I set it up for him, he tried to use his thumb on the rollerball on the bottom of the mouse to move the cursor, i.e. I had to show him how to use a mouse (he's never even had satellite or cable TV). And maybe it's not TT's fault - most likely it is BT's fault - but it sure as heck isn't my client's fault, and it isn't my fault.

Sorry for all the hustle and bustle this case caused.

Edited by investmentbanker (Tue 02-Feb-10 11:07:13)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Tue 02-Feb-10 14:47:41
Print Post

Re: I told you Jack, TT are internet cowboys

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Worst of the absolute worst, thats what TT are. Lying, dishonest used carpet salesmen ..............avoid them at all costs. They werent on watchdog as the cesspit of UK internet for no reason.

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
You really need to keep up with the times and stop spamming the boards with this out of date bile at every opportunity.

Jack, bilbo8 words are not necessarily the words I would use but unfortunately they are very close to the truth. Miss-selling Talktalk Pro by suggesting people with 4Mbps will benefit from a new piece of equipment that has been put in the customer's exchange that would boost his speed. Even on the TTForum it can take a week to get an answer from TT Staff and staff have admitted that they have a backlog. Apparently because "the only reason why things are so bad at the moment is due to strange peak in new members and a demand for support and our lack of ability to keep on-top of this" and the indications in the same post are those things are not going to improve rapidly. Of course as always my opinion and interpretation of what I read.

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 02-Feb-10 18:13:48
Print Post

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

Jack, bilbo8 words are not necessarily the words I would use but unfortunately they are very close to the truth. Miss-selling Talktalk Pro by suggesting people with 4Mbps will benefit from a new piece of equipment that has been put in the customer's exchange that would boost his speed.

Obviously if this is actually true it is miss-selling but as a regular user of the TT forums i can honestly say this is not a subject i have read a lot of threads about and bearing in mind TT have 4.2 million customers if it was a regular occurrence the boards would be flooded with complaints daily.

Even on the TTForum it can take a week to get an answer from TT Staff and staff have admitted that they have a backlog. Apparently because "the only reason why things are so bad at the moment is due to strange peak in new members and a demand for support and our lack of ability to keep on-top of this"

I have never seen that used as an excuse, I know they had a problem over the Christmas period as some OCE's couldn't get to the office but I assumed this was now sorted and they had caught up.

99% of new threads are answered the next day and the majority of the problems in the threads are fixed the same day, with 4.2 million customers there is bound to be a regular flow of customers with problems, all ISP's forums have unhappy customers reporting problems its not something exclusive to Talk Talk.

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Tue 02-Feb-10 18:19:22)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Tue 02-Feb-10 20:25:58
Print Post

Jack, bilbo8 words are not necessarily the words I would use but unfortunately they are very close to the truth. Miss-selling Talktalk Pro by suggesting people with 4Mbps will benefit from a new piece of equipment that has been put in the customer's exchange that would boost his speed.

Obviously if this is actually true it is miss-selling but as a regular user of the TT forums i can honestly say this is not a subject i have read a lot of threads about and bearing in mind TT have 4.2 million customers if it was a regular occurrence the boards would be flooded with complaints daily.

Even on the TTForum it can take a week to get an answer from TT Staff and staff have admitted that they have a backlog. Apparently because "the only reason why things are so bad at the moment is due to strange peak in new members and a demand for support and our lack of ability to keep on-top of this"

I have never seen that used as an excuse, I know they had a problem over the Christmas period as some OCE's couldn't get to the office but I assumed this was now sorted and they had caught up.

99% of new threads are answered the next day and the majority of the problems in the threads are fixed the same day, with 4.2 million customers there is bound to be a regular flow of customers with problems, all ISP's forums have unhappy customers reporting problems its not something exclusive to Talk Talk.

Well for someone who claims to be a regular user of the TTforum I am amazed that you have not seen the post by the TTForum manager from which that quote comes, posted today. As to 99% of new threads being answered by TTstaff the next day and the majority of threads being fixed the same day what evidence do you have for that. Even the TTForum manager admits they have a large backlog and are not even picking up threads that have been flagged by the mods (EMs).

From a Mod (EM) posted today
Just to raise a point to Stephen. And I'm not having a dig as such here, because I can see for myself how high the OCE workload is, but, I flagged a thread last saturday that was started by the OP on the 15th January. He needs OCE intervention but not had any, so I flagged it.

He's still waiting. My point is, why does the EM group have a flag ability if no one takes any notice of it ? I might as well not have bothered. No EM would flag a thread that they didn't think was worthy of it, we all take that privelege seriously, but if no ones acting on them, then its a pointless exercise.

The TTForum Manager's reply
Hi,

We have someone working flagged threads everyday.. We have a lot...........

SORRY

Two different pictures one from the management and your's Jack, I know which one I have to believe. smile 15 Jan to today by my count is 18 days and flagged by a MOD as needing attention.

Edited by Hatari (Tue 02-Feb-10 22:47:48)

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Feb-10 18:28:46
Print Post

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

Two different pictures one from the management and your's Jack, I know which one I have to believe. smile 15 Jan to today by my count is 18 days and flagged by a MOD as needing attention.

One post from today (below) i could get a lot more but really cannot be bothered.

I think the OCE's provide a great service in most cases fixing the customers problems the same day, profile changes seem to be the most common solution to customers problems and are usually fixed the day the OCE reads the thread, obviously some slip through the net but with 4.2 million customers they are going to have a steady stream of customers with teething problems as all ISP's do.

ArcBic

Thanks Nathan but leave the me on 15db

Have been connected solid for 6 half days now

Sooooo happy

And 5M down line is good enough for me

If I need more will sort it later, ta
Standard User woweebert
(experienced) Wed 03-Feb-10 19:10:30
Print Post

I think the problem here is that its become common knowledge about the TalkTalk users forum , to the extent that they now cant cope with the work load , and 4.2 million users is one hell of a work load , and i say , its still a small % that know about the users forum .

The real problem is the fact TalkTalk telephone support is still very poor and now the forum has become busy it will make getting profile changes and the such much harder to get implemented .

I don't know what the answer is , and to date this has nor effected me and the lines i look after , but is a concern for me as managing there lines through the forum meant they made a request and i could get it sanctioned .

Hopefully they will catch up and every thing will be fine , as the winter months are always busy for any broadband support from any ISP .

UKonline... Premier LLU
Standard User bilbo8
(committed) Wed 03-Feb-10 19:19:44
Print Post

Pants.......total Pants, thats what Talk Talk are

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

you could ask Talk Talk to fix a flat bycycle tyre and they wouldnt have the savvy to do even that. a bunch of arfur daley`s in sheepskin coats willing to tell you any ole rubbish to get your signature on the dotted line and shackle you into 18 months of living hell with them. their phone "support" , dear lord, before a punter signs up , they should experience the (cough) "support" , talk about a revelatory experience !!

O2 LLU
17,500 KB/sec down : 1315 KB/sec upstream
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to