User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bilbo8
(committed) Wed 03-Feb-10 19:23:28
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk now automatically changes your telephone number

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

Hatari

if you asked Talk Talk "support" what CPW stands for, they probably wouldnt have a notion.

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 03-Feb-10 23:15:06
Print Post

Re: I told you Jack, TT are internet cowboys

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

No offence, but changing broadband line profiles is hardly rocket science. We were promised a long time ago that we would be able to change profiles ourselves via the TT website, but this never happened - if it had, maybe the OCEs wouldn't be so snowed under (or maybe they would be out of a job?!? wink). DLM doesn't seem to be doing a very good job, and as much as I hate BT's MaxDSL DLM, I'm sure it is yielding less support headaches compared to TT's DLM.

I wonder how much TT are paying you Jack? laugh
Standard User woweebert
(experienced) Thu 04-Feb-10 17:59:17
Print Post

Re: Pants.......total Pants, thats what Talk Talk are

[re: bilbo8] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bilbo8:
you could ask Talk Talk to fix a flat bycycle tyre and they wouldnt have the savvy to do even that. a bunch of arfur daley`s in sheepskin coats willing to tell you any ole rubbish to get your signature on the dotted line and shackle you into 18 months of living hell with them. their phone "support" , dear lord, before a punter signs up , they should experience the (cough) "support" , talk about a revelatory experience !!

Dude do you live in a perpetual lope and stuck in the past , your view of TalkTalk is so outdated and retarded its unbelievable .
Tell me where else in the UK you can get a 22/1mb line on a fastpath profile with good pings ( most of the time ) for £6.99 a month .

You need to get your self updated , as posting this Troll dribble in a TalkTalk user forum , when genuinely most people are very happy with the service they get and the price they pay .
Nobody kidding them self , its not perfect , but its a dam site better than anything that's being provided over BT network by every large ISP , and only a mug would not seriously look at TalkTalk LLU with its warts and all before hooking them self up with a resold BT product .

UKonline... Premier LLU

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Hatari
(member) Thu 04-Feb-10 18:00:59
Print Post

Re: I told you Jack, TT are internet cowboys

Two different pictures one from the management and your's Jack, I know which one I have to believe. smile 15 Jan to today by my count is 18 days and flagged by a MOD as needing attention.

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
One post from today (below) i could get a lot more but really cannot be bothered.

I think the OCE's provide a great service in most cases fixing the customers problems the same day, profile changes seem to be the most common solution to customers problems and are usually fixed the day the OCE reads the thread, obviously some slip through the net but with 4.2 million customers they are going to have a steady stream of customers with teething problems as all ISP's do.

ArcBic

Thanks Nathan but leave the me on 15db

Have been connected solid for 6 half days now

Sooooo happy

And 5M down line is good enough for me

If I need more will sort it later, ta

smile The very comments in that post make me wonder why someone who is getting 5M down and the line will not support a 9dB profile. My mind asks why not, is a 15dB profile just papering over the cracks. Even here where I am hit by RF from the continent my line will happily support a 9dB profile. puzzled

I am surprised that you cannot accept the manager's word. For him to post about the backlog means it is bad and quite a few have slipped through the cracks.With the new link on the TT homepage it is going to get worse, unless something major is done. As always just my opinion smile

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-10 18:05:37
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
you could ask Talk Talk to fix a flat bycycle tyre and they wouldnt have the savvy to do even that. a bunch of arfur daley`s in sheepskin coats willing to tell you any ole rubbish to get your signature on the dotted line and shackle you into 18 months of living hell with them. their phone "support" , dear lord, before a punter signs up , they should experience the (cough) "support" , talk about a revelatory experience !!

Dude do you live in a perpetual lope and stuck in the past , your view of TalkTalk is so outdated and retarded its unbelievable .
Tell me where else in the UK you can get a 22/1mb line on a fastpath profile with good pings ( most of the time ) for £6.99 a month .

You need to get your self updated , as posting this Troll dribble in a TalkTalk user forum , when genuinely most people are very happy with the service they get and the price they pay .
Nobody kidding them self , its not perfect , but its a dam site better than anything that's being provided over BT network by every large ISP , and only a mug would not seriously look at TalkTalk LLU with its warts and all before hooking them self up with a resold BT product .

Yet again you have shot the troll down in flames. wink

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Thu 04-Feb-10 18:14:54)

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-10 18:14:34
Print Post

a to get your signature on the dotted line and shackle you into 18 months of living hell with them. their phone "support"

dear lord, before a punter signs up , they should experience the (cough) "support" , talk about a revelatory experience !! ,

You seem to suggest every customer will need to use phone support and this is a reason not to join TT, i have used the forum to ask for a profile change to get the maximum speed (not because of disconnections) but have had no reason to use phone support as my connection has been fast and stable from day one, for every one post you see in the forums there are going to be hundreds if not thousands of customers who have never had to use phone support or the forum, you really do need to stop trolling here.
Standard User bilbo8
(committed) Thu 04-Feb-10 18:53:26
Print Post

Jack, how much are Talk Talk paying you ?

you are becoming a super fanboy jack , hear no evil speak no evil.

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-10 19:15:45
Print Post

Re: Jack, how much are Talk Talk paying you ?

you are becoming a super fanboy jack , hear no evil speak no evil.

Is that it, i was expecting at least two pages, I am a bit disappointed you had to resort to name calling, I guess you have nothing more to say, I think your bridge is missing you.. grin

I speak as i find from my current experience unlike you who can only refer to past experiences, if that makes me a fanboy then so be it. wink
Standard User Hatari
(member) Thu 04-Feb-10 20:41:17
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk now automatically changes your telephone number

Jack, this post on TTMF could interest you:

Today, 12:22 PM

*21 Oct - signed up to TT Essentials with BB going liveLive date given as 25 Nov - Great!
*04 Nov - 'phone transferred to TalkTalk - Great!!
*30 Nov - router bundle arrives in the post - At last!
*30 Nov - router refuses to connect to the internet - Mmm??
*01 Dec - broadband not active for this account - TT technical people suggest 'phoning Customer Service.
*01 Dec Customer Service tell me that due to processing problems my line will go live for broadband in 15 working days time i.e. by 23 Dec - Grr!!
*16 Dec 19:55 GMT - Customer Service tells me that my BB will go live in 10 to 15 days. Should I believe them I wonder?
*22 Dec 15:54GMT - A week later, Customer Service tells me that my BB will go live in 10 to 14 days. Given the arithmetic should I be more or less comfortable with this latest estimate. Either way roll on sometime or other in 2010 when I might get something I ordered in October 2009.
*05 Jan 2010 - I contacted Customer Services again recently, was told that my GoLive for BB date is now the 9th January 2010, but as the 9th is a Saturday, I should be live on Friday 8th.
He tells me there is progress on my order and my "LLU is being unbundled" ?! So from this assurance given I should be able to give up accessing mobile BB in 2 or 3 days time.
What are the odds that this happens? I'll update this catalogue of shameful practice after the due date.
*08 Jan 2010 - an 8:20 call to CS. CS do not know why I am not live. The reality is that ever since November 2009, whatever they have told me was made up on the spot. They simply gave out a date sometime in the future hoping I would be satisfied. Effectively every one of the reps LIED. If they could not tell me anything factual they should have admitted this rather than make up something on the spot. Anyway, I insisted on speaking with someone who could tell me something real. They transferred me to new sales dept saying they could help track my order. New Sales said they couldn't but would put me on hold and find out what to do. About 4 minutes later the line went dead. At 8:30 I phoned technical support as a last resort (the only remaining phone no I had). Very pleasant techy type would sympathised but couldn't help. He transferred me successfully to Michelle in CS who PROMISED to find out the state of my order and contact me within 48 HOURS by phone or e-mail. You guessed it - no reply from her!
SO, my order has been "stuck" since October 2009. "Stuck" orders really deserve to be restricted to the production line in a chewing gum factory. "Stuck is really a euphemism for couldn't care less about this. If anybody at TT had cared, somebody would have already sorted out my straightforward order.

UPDATE!!!!!!!

*04 Feb 2010 - It's the 4th of February 2010 now and I'm beginning to feel more like a farmed mushroom now (kept in the dark and fed on ****) rather than my old happy self. I've never had an experience like it in all my decades of commercial dealings. Is TT for real or a deliberate joke, getting one to leave a provider then providing nothing they promised in the contract? Does anyone out there know whether I can extend any compenstion to mental health issues????

END of UPDATE!!!!!!!!

(less than 1km from a LLU Exchange, but a million miles away from using it)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Thu 04-Feb-10 20:47:58
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

woweebert, I see that your ISP is not Talktalk but UKonline, so I wonder what experience you have of Talktalk support and CS.

BTW I wish I only paid £6.99 for my Talktalk service.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to