User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(experienced) Fri 05-Feb-10 03:36:22
Print Post

upto 24mb for £18.48 a month all inclusive

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

I have a TalkTalk line here at my house on my mother in laws annex telephone line .

And gave a clue in this post that i help and manage other people accounts for them .

And all some pay for the ADSL part of there line with TalkTalk is £6.99 a month , i feel its very unfair to compare what you pay TalkTalk to include line rental when against other ISP you choose not to ..

I didn't say Line rental ( £11.49 a month )and phone service and was speaking about the ADSL part ( £6.99 a month ) .
But if you want to be obtuse , where can you get a phone and broadband package with speeds upto 24mb for under £18.48 a month all inclusive . ( are you going to add phone calls to your monthly costs for broadband ? )

UKonline... Premier LLU

Edited by woweebert (Fri 05-Feb-10 03:38:10)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Fri 05-Feb-10 07:43:25
Print Post

Re: upto 24mb for £18.48 a month all inclusive

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
I have a TalkTalk line here at my house on my mother in laws annex telephone line .

And gave a clue in this post that i help and manage other people accounts for them .

And all some pay for the ADSL part of there line with TalkTalk is £6.99 a month , i feel its very unfair to compare what you pay TalkTalk to include line rental when against other ISP you choose not to ..

I didn't say Line rental ( £11.49 a month )and phone service and was speaking about the ADSL part ( £6.99 a month ) .
But if you want to be obtuse , where can you get a phone and broadband package with speeds upto 24mb for under £18.48 a month all inclusive . ( are you going to add phone calls to your monthly costs for broadband ? )

smile You missed the point. If Talktalk is so good,why are you not with them, ?

If you could get broadband from Talktalk for just 6.99 per month, it would be well worth it, even with the problems. You can't the absolute minimum price is as you say £18.48 per month.

Like all services of this nature, so long as it works and there are no problems it is a good service. You only see the real quality of the service when things go wrong and that is where talktalk falls down badly.

Once the local exchange is upgraded to 20M, I shall be changing my ISP.

Edited by Hatari (Fri 05-Feb-10 07:45:58)

Standard User woweebert
(experienced) Fri 05-Feb-10 16:23:12
Print Post

You missed the point. If Talktalk is so good,why are you not with them, ?

If you read the terms and conditions it clearly states the TalkTalk is for domestic use only , i pay a heafty premium because my ISP is better than TalkTalk , Its a Premium ISP , whilst TalkTalk is a budget ISP .

I would not expect a budget ISP to provide as good a service as a premium ISP , because they don't charge as much .

That's why i spend £25 a month just on Internet .

As my needs would not be catered for by TalkTalk , Opal small business maybe , but not talktalk .

If you find your self on the wrong product with the wrong company that's your fault for not doing your home work on the contract you entered into .
And why in the world would you think a £6.99 LLU product would be as Good as a £25 LLU product is why your expectations are unrealistic .

For £6.99 TalkTalk provide a good service that's much better than its £6.99 price would have you believe and out performs the resold BT products on price and performance .
On support there weak , and every body knows that , well every body except you when you signed up to them .

If you wanted bells and whistle support on the TalkTalk network , you should of signed with Opal ..

UKonline... Premier LLU

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Feb-10 18:12:09
Print Post

This is getting boring. It is completely off-topic and a waste of time.

You 3 have hijacked this thread to a "TT is great .. No, it isn't ... Yes, it is ..." harangue for a whole flat page with nothing to do with OP's query. Do us all a favour and start your own thread on that subject. frown

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg BB
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Feb-10 19:03:48
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk now automatically changes your telephone number

In reply to a post by Hatari:
Jack, this post on TTMF could interest you:

No one in this thread has said TT are perfect having said that no ISP is perfect the difference is most ISP's do not have 4.2 million customers. wink
Standard User Hatari
(member) Fri 05-Feb-10 19:07:12
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

lol Jack do I sense a small amount of agreement lol

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Feb-10 19:49:45
Print Post

I think you need to get your senses checked out. wink

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Fri 05-Feb-10 19:52:09)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Fri 05-Feb-10 19:59:41
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
I think you need to get your senses checked out. wink

lol They are in good shape thanks lol

Standard User ETEE
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Feb-10 22:38:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
You missed the point. If Talktalk is so good,why are you not with them, ?

If you read the terms and conditions it clearly states the TalkTalk is for domestic use only , i pay a heafty premium because my ISP is better than TalkTalk , Its a Premium ISP , whilst TalkTalk is a budget ISP .

I would not expect a budget ISP to provide as good a service as a premium ISP , because they don't charge as much .

That's why i spend £25 a month just on Internet .

As my needs would not be catered for by TalkTalk , Opal small business maybe , but not talktalk .

If you find your self on the wrong product with the wrong company that's your fault for not doing your home work on the contract you entered into .
And why in the world would you think a £6.99 LLU product would be as Good as a £25 LLU product is why your expectations are unrealistic .

For £6.99 TalkTalk provide a good service that's much better than its £6.99 price would have you believe and out performs the resold BT products on price and performance .
On support there weak , and every body knows that , well every body except you when you signed up to them .

If you wanted bells and whistle support on the TalkTalk network , you should of signed with Opal ..

That is exactly right and it's amazing how many people don't realise that you don't get something for nothing. The price of cheap BB is poor phone support and TT have not ever changed since they started LLU. I also get surprised by the number of small businesses that rely on a TT LLU connection. TT is simply not suitable for a business broadband service; it wasn't set up to be and never will be. Those that do rely on it risk their livelihoods, when the correct product is of course a business service with fast fault resolution and guaranteed service.

ETEE

16448kbps/1017kbps Best Speed 13820kbps cool ThinkBroadband SpeedTester

Worst Speed 211kbps confused shocked TalkTalk LLU ADSL2+
Standard User CanineKiller
(learned) Sat 20-Mar-10 20:22:43
Print Post

So you are breaching copyright Hatari, by copying and pasting other peoples posts from the TalkTalk Forum ?
After all that is one of the things that you bang on about in your wee forum to your members is that posts on the forum are not to be copied outside the forum, as it breaches copyright.

Pot - Kettle - black springs to mind. Maybe you should take note of your own rants and rules

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most
TalkTalk Free broadband 2.9 Meg @ over 6 Kms from exchange
Great
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to