User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Wed 24-Feb-10 16:05:38
Print Post

Re: 2 Months - Still no broadband (Talk Talk OCEs please rea

[re: yddeniks] [link to this post]

Hi yddeniks,

Have you had contact from the CEO's office as advised?

Andrew

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User xlr8r_2000
(newbie) Mon 01-Mar-10 13:04:44
Print Post

Almost Identical problem

I ordered talktalk pro on the 29th of Jan to migrate from sky's service, I got my initial order confirmation letter but then nothing, I have phoned many times and been told my order was stuck also and released but still no welcome pack, router etc. Called again and was told was going live today but again nothing, called again today and they have told me that someone will call me within the next 3 days with an update, I await with baited breath. I too am using a mobile broadband dongle but luckily my company supply this.

xL
Standard User Hatari
(member) Tue 02-Mar-10 11:46:16
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kamelion:
You have more patience than me. I would have pointed out that there are plenty of ISP's that would love my custom, cancelled my order due to their breach and walk walked away, while sending them a bill for RTD back to BT

Agree I would be long gone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Shuansheep
(newbie) Fri 19-Mar-10 10:31:48
Print Post

This is exactly what is happening to me.

I have been waiting since 18 January to go live on broadband. I got my confirmation leter with an order number but am still waiting for a welcome pack

Again like you my order is stuck and as this is happening a lot they have a special team or so I have been told to deal with this.

Talktalk did swap my phone line from BT on 2 Feb for the line rental but can't get my broadband sorted out.

I was told I would go live 11 feb then this was changed to 20 feb

On 20 feb I was told I should not have been told this as there were still problems with my line.

I phoned a week later and was told there were still problems and call back in a few days.

3 days later I called back and was told they would re order my welcome pack and I would recieve my router yesterday 18 March and go live today 19 March. I called back 10 min later as I had another query and the guy said there WAS NO RECORD of a problem on my line???

As I have heard nothing all week from talktalk I called BT yesterday who said yes I could go back no problem however they also said that my phone line was not showing an order for broadband !!!!

I have phoned Talk Talk and spoke to a man who kept me on hold over 20 min who said my welcome pack should be with me today which they say they sent by Royal Mail and confirmed that my go live date was still today.

The Postman has been and still no welcome letter considering it was ordered Wednesday last week I'm surprised they could be so accurate.
Standard User Smalley
(newbie) Fri 19-Mar-10 11:35:31
Print Post

[re: Shuansheep] [link to this post]

My experience is very similar - got an email today saying there was a stuck command on my bb and gave me an early April go live date but still waiting for router etc. Also not been able to access my account as when I register tells me my email has already been entered but I do not know what. On phone Customer Services pass buck, give wrong info or hide behind data protection. They do not seem to have set systems in place so that you just do not know whats happening.
Bob
Standard User Shuansheep
(newbie) Fri 19-Mar-10 12:29:14
Print Post

[re: Smalley] [link to this post]

It's such a shame to see TT get too big to cope with the amount of bussness they have now.

I have been with TT since 2003 for my calls but not my line rental and have never had any problems before. I have used Dial Up (which still works but is very slow) with them too with no problems.

I'm so disapointed that they can't sort out my broadband after all the calls from them trying to get me to swap over I finally gave in and upgraded my computer and after 3 months am still using a dial up conection.

I have had an email saying my account number has changed and my latest bill is due but when I log on it is teling me my account is inactive.

Their CUSTOMER SERVICE is a joke I have been passed around from one person to the next and now feel unable to believe a word they tell me.

My broadband is going live today? or so they tell me I will ring them again in a min well we'll see. I have no welcome pack or log on details so can't log on anyway I won't hold my breath.

Just an update I've just phoned customer services and guess what. "Sorry there is a problem with your Broadband phone back in a few days".

M

Edited by Shuansheep (Fri 19-Mar-10 14:47:05)

Standard User ETEE
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Mar-10 16:25:35
Print Post

As many long serving TT customers know, TT BB is fine until it goes wrong and then it often seems to get worse. This has been going on with TT LLU since it started in 2006 when they were simply not ready (technically and customer service wise) for the demand. It is just a symptom of a lack of resources to resolve problems, which is of course not the thing that budget ISPs can afford to do. In my view, unless TT improve this aspect of their service, they will get overtaken by other companies with better customer service performance. Customers will only put up with so much [censored] before they take their direct debits elsewhere.

ETEE

16448kbps/1017kbps Best Speed 13820kbps cool ThinkBroadband SpeedTester

Worst Speed 211kbps confused shocked TalkTalk LLU ADSL2+
Standard User Shuansheep
(newbie) Fri 19-Mar-10 19:10:23
Print Post

[re: ETEE] [link to this post]

Hopefully I will have some answers soon as I have really got fed up with all the different people with different replys from their customer services. Someone is going to phone me back within the next 24 hours on my mobile or so I have been told (3 hours have already passed).

How can BT tell me yesterday that there is no Broadband showing on my line yet when I then called Talk Talk customer services they still assured me I would go live today.

Reading the TalkTalk forum makes me feel worried about continuing with my order maybe I should get out before they connect me and tie me in for 24 months to a service they can't provide. They have said I can leave as they have not fufilled their end.

I'm not after the highest fastest speed in the world but just want to pay a flat rate per month to send a few emails and do a bit of internet shopping.

Has anyone got any other suggestions for Cheap Relyable Broadband. I'm not to bothered about free calls as I have this with my mobile. I hear O2 are not to bad has anyone any dealings with them?

SS

Edited by Shuansheep (Fri 19-Mar-10 19:14:22)

Standard User tommy45
(committed) Fri 19-Mar-10 19:22:24
Print Post

Re: 2 Months - Still no broadband (Talk Talk OCEs please rea *DELETED*

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

Post deleted by tommy45
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Mar-10 19:40:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by Shuansheep:
Reading the TalkTalk forum makes me feel worried about continuing with my order maybe I should get out before they connect me and tie me in for 24 months to a service they can't provide. They have said I can leave as they have not fufilled their end.

I'm not after the highest fastest speed in the world but just want to pay a flat rate per month to send a few emails and do a bit of internet shopping.

The problem with forums is few happy customers visit to say how happy and satisfied they are therefore you get a biased view.

I've been with TT for 5 months and am happy with the service, stable speeds, low ping's and a rock solid connection.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to