User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User user101
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Aug-10 08:22:56
Print Post

Re: TT Stalking

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

Well, at least we now know, by your own admission, that this whole thread and presumably your forum is really all about you and your website.

Maybe the thread's title should be changed to 'TalkTalk attacks my website'
and the only current comments changed to 'Support the poor Website Owners'

and of course providing a link to your website, but carrying a note that forum registration/membership will be required.

Putting all your eggs in one basket is never a good strategy!

My question still stands, who, if anyone, is pursuing the other issues....
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sat 21-Aug-10 08:58:32
Print Post

[re: user101] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by user101:
Well, at least we now know, by your own admission, that this whole thread and presumably your forum is really all about you and your website.

Maybe the thread's title should be changed to 'TalkTalk attacks my website'
and the only current comments changed to 'Support the poor Website Owners'

and of course providing a link to your website, but carrying a note that forum registration/membership will be required.

Putting all your eggs in one basket is never a good strategy!

My question still stands, who, if anyone, is pursuing the other issues....

smile You still have not worked out what is being done and I would be a fool to telegraph to TT through this forum what is being done and the stragety that is being followed. Pity you cannot workout the big picture and the effect of chopping one bit off. I am not alone in what I am doing, there are others with whom I am working and together we are covering the who gambit of efforts to protect people.

What are you doing other than criticising me. What action have you taken?

Or are you a TT devote or maybe even an employee trying to muddy the waters?

BTW Anyone who thinks this issue warrants a close scrutiny by the ICO in the UK can contact them via the ICO website or: [email protected]

Edited by Hatari (Sat 21-Aug-10 11:21:36)

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Aug-10 13:55:19
Print Post

I was wondering how long it would be before that was posted. crazy

"The thread is dead long live the thread" wink

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sat 21-Aug-10 13:56:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Myth
(member) Sun 22-Aug-10 04:35:07
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

I think it is an important issue which should be investigated fully. Getting personal about each other just blindsides the actual issues, and plays directly into the hands of those who don't want the truth to get out.

If it is so easy to register and read the whole thread on Hatari's site (it is, I've done it) and the reason the thread is private is to help with tracking the stalkerbot, then there is no reason not to copy the whole thread somewhere else which is publicly viewable. This doesn't have to be a place where people can add their own comments, it can just be copy on a Hatari owned domain maybe.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Standard User user101
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Aug-10 08:22:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hatari:
smile You still have not worked out what is being done and I would be a fool to telegraph to TT through this forum what is being done and the stragety that is being followed. Pity you cannot workout the big picture and the effect of chopping one bit off. I am not alone in what I am doing, there are others with whom I am working and together we are covering the who gambit of efforts to protect people.

What are you doing other than criticising me. What action have you taken?

BTW Anyone who thinks this issue warrants a close scrutiny by the ICO in the UK can contact them via the ICO website or: [email protected]

Nope, you're absolutely correct, i've not worked it out!

You know why?

i don't have the benefit of reading your mind, or even your forum since you clearly closed that for business reasons.
Either way, that was your call, but don't expect full public support when you take those actions.

You will need to spell it out. I prefer to deal with facts. I try not to second-guess these situations simply because i could be wrong.

If you do have the wider picture in mind, then i'm pleased to hear that since all i've seen from this thread imo are your own personal, selfish reasons
That's one of the reasons i wasn't prepared to register on your forum!!

I think the suggestion from 'Myth' is a good one....

if your reason for closing the forum was not business-orientated, then you should have no problem in co-hosting that thread for public viewing.
That would need to be done by yourself, since anyone else doing so would clearly infringe copyright.

To suggest that the thread is secure behind your forum, hid away from TT eyes is just nonsense.

and just to remind you again, since you seem to have forgotten,
the reason i'm criticising you is that you started a thread here with a link to an open forum.
That got everyone, including myself, interested in what TT were doing.
Then, out of the blue, when traffic increased you CLOSED THE FORUM TO PUBLIC VIEWING!
Some of us feel a little cheated and aggrieved at those actions, and i've yet to see anything that resembles an apology for that.

all you told us was this:

Unfortunately, Because it is difficult to track the Talktalk stalker accesses with guest visitors, we have taken the topic back into the members area.

You may think that's sufficient and all the public needs to know, some of us disagree
basically, i don't enjoy being led up the garden path and fed bs.

My situation and intentions are fairly open and clear, yours are less so.
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Aug-10 10:42:53
Print Post

the reason i'm criticising you is that you started a thread here with a link to an open forum.
Then, out of the blue, when traffic increased you CLOSED THE FORUM TO PUBLIC VIEWING!
Some of us feel a little cheated and aggrieved at those actions, and i've yet to see anything that resembles an apology for that.

Unfortunately, Because it is difficult to track the Talktalk stalker accesses with guest visitors, we have taken the topic back into the members area.

You may think that's sufficient and all the public needs to know, some of us disagree

The truth as I see it -

He closed the thread because he got this thread up and running then decided it was a great way to get new members in his forum rather than let guests read the thread in his forum, I dont believe the excuse he used any more than you and probably the majority of people reading this thread.

As I said earlier "The thread is dead long live the thread" grin

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sun 22-Aug-10 10:44:48)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Sun 22-Aug-10 11:05:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by user101:
Nope, you're absolutely correct, i've not worked it out!

You know why?

i don't have the benefit of reading your mind, or even your forum since you clearly closed that for business reasons.
Either way, that was your call, but don't expect full public support when you take those actions.

You will need to spell it out. I prefer to deal with facts. I try not to second-guess these situations simply because i could be wrong.

If you do have the wider picture in mind, then i'm pleased to hear that since all i've seen from this thread imo are your own personal, selfish reasons
That's one of the reasons i wasn't prepared to register on your forum!!

I think the suggestion from 'Myth' is a good one....

if your reason for closing the forum was not business-orientated, then you should have no problem in co-hosting that thread for public viewing.
That would need to be done by yourself, since anyone else doing so would clearly infringe copyright.

To suggest that the thread is secure behind your forum, hid away from TT eyes is just nonsense.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Interesting you did not say what action/s you had taken. Now from that I gather you approve of Talktalks actions. That really says it all including why your trying to rubbish this topic.

(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Aug-10 11:15:57
Print Post

Interesting you did not say what action/s you had taken. Now from that I gather you approve of Talktalks actions. That really says it all including why your trying to rubbish this topic.

I think the point of the thread was lost a long time ago, time to put it to bed I think. wink
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sun 22-Aug-10 11:20:39
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:

I think the point of the thread was lost a long time ago, time to put it to bed I think. wink

Jack I think you position on this is well known from your posts on the TT forum. You disagree with the action people are taking and do not seem to believe that Talkstalk can be wrong. Hence your knocking attitude.

(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Aug-10 11:40:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hatari:
In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:

Jack I think you position on this is well known from your posts on the TT forum. You disagree with the action people are taking and do not seem to believe that Talkstalk can be wrong. Hence your knocking attitude.

I dont disagree with the actions some are taking and as i have said if TT are found to be breaking the law i will thank you all here publicly, I have made no secret that I dont believe TT would have entered into this without first taking legal advice or being very sure they are not doing anything wrong, that is my view and nothing you and clique says will change it.

The point i am now making is the thread has run its course and is now being used by you as a tool to get new members to sign up at your forum, nothing more can be done until the police finish their investigation so adding to the thread is pointless, no doubt you will disagree and there will be no surprise there.

As I said "the thread is dead long live the thread" wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to