User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sat 07-Aug-10 10:22:07
Print Post

Re: TT Stalking

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

Just to keep the topic up to date I have now received a letter from TT's General Counsel Residential and posted it on the topic at Talktalk monitoring TT users. post 317

Standard User Hatari
(member) Wed 11-Aug-10 17:44:29
Print Post

Unfortunately, Because it is difficult to track the Talktalk stalker accesses with guest visitors, we have taken the topic back into the members area.

All you need to read it and comment are a valid email address and username to register.

Latest major post Hatari's reply to Talktalk lawyer.

In addition, available the revised contract Hatari is using to charge TT for access

Talktalk monitoring TT users

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 12-Aug-10 13:53:43
Print Post

[re: sean_r] [link to this post]

Hi,

We have obtained an offcial statement in respect to this issue which I have quoted below

We are developing some really exciting new security and parental control services, which will be based deep within our network infrastructure, to provide our customers with greater protection for all the devices they connect to their broadband line with. We’ve had considerable feedback from customers that PC-based software only deals with part of the wider security problem facing today's internet users, so we’ve developed these new services to help improve our customers online experience with us.

In preparation for the launch of these services, as our users surf the internet, details of websites visited are put into a list. Scanning engines then compare this list to a blacklist (sites that have been found to contain recent threats) and whitelist (sites that have been recently scanned with no threats found); if the site is not on either of these, it will visit the site and scan it for malicious code. Sites that are already on either list are not scanned again until the following day.

Our scanning engines receive no knowledge about which users visited what sites (e.g. telephone number, account number, IP address), nor do they store any data for us to cross-reference this back to our customers. We are not interested in who has visited which site - we are simply scanning a list of sites which our customers, as a whole internet community, have visited. What we are interested in is making the web a safer place for all our customers.

In due course we will be trialing and launching these services. We hope to be able to share more info on all of this soon.

Regards

M

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Hatari
(member) Fri 13-Aug-10 07:56:54
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
In preparation for the launch of these services, as our users surf the internet, details of websites visited are put into a list. Scanning engines then compare this list to a blacklist (sites that have been found to contain recent threats) and whitelist (sites that have been recently scanned with no threats found); if the site is not on either of these, it will visit the site and scan it for malicious code. Sites that are already on either list are not scanned again until the following day.

Our scanning engines receive no knowledge about which users visited what sites (e.g. telephone number, account number, IP address), nor do they store any data for us to cross-reference this back to our customers. We are not interested in who has visited which site - we are simply scanning a list of sites which our customers, as a whole internet community, have visited. What we are interested in is making the web a safer place for all our customers.

In due course we will be trialing and launching these services. We hope to be able to share more info on all of this soon.

I don't know who M is but I believe that while this may be Stalkstalk's official statement it is not what has been happening in actuality. When accessing/attempting to access my websites the Talktalk stalker has been using full harvested URLs including session IDs, URLs carrying commands, has represented itself as the original User of the website, attempted to access Private areas of the website including Private Message boxes etc and fails to obey robots.txt although it frequently reads it and is downloading copyright material for commercial purposes without permission.

The story of Stalkstalk's accesses to my websites is including copies of emails and letters between Talktalk and myself is in the topic at http://www.the-phoenix-broadband-advice-community.co... to maintain the site's security if you are not a member you will need to register to read the thread, all you need to register is a valid email address and username.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Aug-10 13:13:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hatari:
Unfortunately, Because it is difficult to track the Talktalk stalker accesses with guest visitors, we have taken the topic back into the members area.

roughly translated " in a desperate attempt to get people to sign up for my website i have moved the only worthwhile topic back to the members area" .

UKonline... Premier LLU

Edited by woweebert (Fri 13-Aug-10 14:57:51)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Fri 13-Aug-10 15:14:46
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
In reply to a post by Hatari:

roughly translated " in a desperate attempt to get people to sign up for my website i have moved the only worthwhile topic back to the members area" .

Edit: I wont join any forum the operates in this fashion , as what goes on behind the member login is normally a little Hitler set up where debate is not aloud . In fact i cant think of one single forum that operates like this that does not fit my earlier description .

I find the little Hitler reference insulting

As always whether you join anything is entirely up to you. As is whether you were accepted is up to us. The forum is run by a team who make the rare decision of the nature that I believe you allude to. The forum was always a closed one.

The topic is about my discovery of Talktalk's monitoring and the correspondence with Stalkstalk to resolve Stalkstalk's use of the sites. Unfortunately, the guests hid the Talktalk stalker accesses making it difficult to identify them, as we believe that the IPs it was using have been changed.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Aug-10 15:30:40
Print Post

I removed the little Hitler reference before your reply as i realised it was wrong and i apolagise for that .

But you cant escape the irony of a support forum that hides behind a members login .

UKonline... Premier LLU
Standard User Hatari
(member) Fri 13-Aug-10 15:48:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
I removed the little Hitler reference before your reply as i realised it was wrong and i apolagise for that .

But you cant escape the irony of a support forum that hides behind a members login .

Sorry I don't see the irony, beside the Forum we have a Support Website, see my signature for the URL, packed full of support information and articles which is aimed to help BB users support themselves, that being backed up by the forum where they can ask in privacy the questions that they feel they should know the answer to without the whole world looking over their shoulder.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Aug-10 16:14:02
Print Post

Every single support item on your website links to the forum , the skeptic in me says the only reason you let the public have temporary access to your stalkstalk item was to latter with draw it in the hope more would sign to the closed forum .

Im not a back slapper or a bottom kisser and very much doubt another opinion that may differ from the people who run the site would be welcomed , hence the closed forum and the "As is whether you were accepted is up to us" mentality .

I despise closed forums and especially closed support forums , its all about control .

UKonline... Premier LLU

Edited by woweebert (Fri 13-Aug-10 16:15:28)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Fri 13-Aug-10 16:38:01
Print Post

Very simply we let the public have access because we felt that it was of public interest that we did. We then discovered after a few day it was very difficult to spot the Stalkstalk stalker accesses and the interest had died back, so we pulled it back inside.

lol I could not resist the "As is whether you were accepted is up to us" your comment asked for it lol I think the only time someone has been rejected as they registered were spammers who always seem to land on us whenever we have a public topic and they are rejected very quickly.

Do you really think that everyone on the internet should be allow totally free unrestricted access to all websites. Every website costs money to exist, so whenever you access a private site which mine are it costs the owner money to allow the you access. Now if the guests could be relied upon to click the few ads we have that might be a good reason to be open but they rarely do. So yes the access to the forum is controlled by a registration process. After that we exercise only the control required to keep the Forum a pleasant and helpful place to be. lol Just had a thought, one of the people I dislike the most on the net is a member. They registered and have obeyed the rules and are still a member and it will contine that way. Yes we are hot about swearing and the like, but that is part of making the place pleasant for all.

Have fun and enjoy yourself

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to