User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sat 14-Aug-10 21:06:53
Print Post

Re: TT Stalking

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
No don't bother to answer I am not really interested

If that is the case why ask?

I think your bridge is missing you. wink

laugh The team cope very well without me

Just a thought Jack got your hat ready to eat. laugh

Standard User tgv
(member) Sun 15-Aug-10 09:13:35
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
Hi,

We have obtained an offcial statement in respect to this issue which I have quoted below

We are developing some really exciting new security and parental control services, which will be based deep within our network infrastructure, to provide our customers with greater protection for all the devices they connect to their broadband line with. ......

In preparation for the launch of these services, as our users surf the internet, details of websites visited are put into a list. Scanning engines then compare this list to a blacklist (sites that have been found to contain recent threats) and whitelist (sites that have been recently scanned with no threats found); if the site is not on either of these, it will visit the site and scan it for malicious code. Sites that are already on either list are not scanned again until the following day.

Regards

M

Am I the only person not quite sure what TT is attempting. Is it their intention to block access to black listed sites? What criteria do they use to specify the black list? Is TT about to become Bg Brother?
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Aug-10 09:59:06
Print Post

Re: TT Stalking *DELETED*

[re: tgv] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Jack_Hackett

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Aug-10 10:00:18
Print Post

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hatari:
In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
No don't bother to answer I am not really interested

If that is the case why ask?

I think your bridge is missing you. wink

laugh The team cope very well without me

Just a thought Jack got your hat ready to eat. laugh

You memory has let you down it was a pie and yes i still have it, i also have several boxes of wet wipes I will send to you and the rest of the clique when you need to remove the egg from your faces. grin
Standard User Podzak
(newbie) Mon 16-Aug-10 11:13:50
Print Post

[re: sean_r] [link to this post]

This is a totally duff post.
Why open a post with nothing written in it and supply a link that does not work?
Whatever your problem is, I think you deserve it. tongue
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 16-Aug-10 15:38:53
Print Post

What are you going on about ? i have not broken any rules . well i have not broken any rules on this forum , maybe if i was posting on your forum i would of broken multiple rules and the really big one that's" not agreeing with the owner" .

Questioning the fact you have pulled the thread from public view and that would be the StalkStalk thread, is on topic and all the time the thread is hidden from public view , im staying on topic . And all the time your using said thread to drum up registrations for your forum , your the one more closely fitting the description of spam .

I would like the thread to return to a source of information but in the same sentence feel its only right that somebody points out that something of such importance , should not be used for personal gain and should be in the public domain.

Which your never going to be happy with as it effects your control and you view it as yours , as you discovered the stalking but it effects over 4 million people and hiding it in your forum is not the place it needs to be .

So lets recap , its not spam it is on topic and i haven't broken any rules .

UKonline... Premier LLU
Standard User sean_r
(member) Mon 16-Aug-10 16:19:04
Print Post

[re: Podzak] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Podzak:
Why open a post with nothing written in it and supply a link that does not work?

At the time of posting, that was a valid link.

As to with nothing written in it, you should've gone to specsavers.

TalkTalk following users
Details at phoenix broadband
(Supplied at the time with a valid link.)

You could have always registered and still can to read it.

As to the whatever my problem is, you tell me, as you seem to think that I have one.

Edited by sean_r (Mon 16-Aug-10 16:28:44)

Standard User Hatari
(member) Tue 17-Aug-10 00:59:23
Print Post

[re: Podzak] [link to this post]

Link works perfectly smile

Standard User paul25
(newbie) Tue 17-Aug-10 07:45:51
Print Post

[re: sean_r] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sean_r:

At the time of posting, that was a valid link.

As to with nothing written in it, you should've gone to specsavers.

TalkTalk following users
Details at phoenix broadband
(Supplied at the time with a valid link.)

You could have always registered and still can to read it.

As to the whatever my problem is, you tell me, as you seem to think that I have one.

Well to put all minds at rest .Hatari is not a dictator .He has his views as you all have yours .May i also add being on his site all things that are done are decided by the team as H refers to them .I can say that on a few occasions he has gone with the majority vote. .To me that is not a dictator or aGod as he has been called that is a democracy .This is not about Phoenix broadband advice and how it is run but TALKTALK AND HOW THEY ARE OPERATING IS IT NOT .
Standard User user101
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Aug-10 07:54:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hatari:

Link works perfectly smile

but it's a bit like saying take a look at this great router for sale on eBay,
then posting a link to their default front page!

i was interested enough to read some of this Stalk Stuff while it was in the public domain, but not interested enough to want to post on those issues, so wasn't prepared to register.

To be fair to TT (and i hate their 'line-slamming' selling tactics), at least people can read about it openly in the previously posted link

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to