User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Dec-10 19:27:06
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk - NEVER ever again.

[re: unclealister] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by unclealister:
I have had TalkTalk since 18th November but have now cancelled within the 30 day period. My reasons for cancelling are as follows:

1. Foreign call centres. Cannot understand the agents. Poor line quality.
2. Got charged a connection charge but when I signed up they said there would be no connection charge.
3. Got charged for an 0844 call I didn't make.
4. Long waiting times to get through to foreign call centres.
5. Slow download and upload speeds.

Altogether a nightmare. I cannot recommend TalkTalk.

And the moral of the story is - Don't use phone support, you would have to have lived under a rock for the past 5 years not to know phone supports reputation, the TT forum is the place to go for help, obviously its of no use to you now. wink
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Dec-10 21:33:00
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
You really are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Why, just because I would rather go without the net than got with Talk Talk?

Yep. crazy

Right, ok. I suppose there is no company you would no use then? the internet is not important, if I did not have it, it is not the end of the world.
It is useful , but that is it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Dec-10 21:34:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by unclealister:
I have had TalkTalk since 18th November but have now cancelled within the 30 day period. My reasons for cancelling are as follows:

1. Foreign call centres. Cannot understand the agents. Poor line quality.
2. Got charged a connection charge but when I signed up they said there would be no connection charge.
3. Got charged for an 0844 call I didn't make.
4. Long waiting times to get through to foreign call centres.
5. Slow download and upload speeds.

Altogether a nightmare. I cannot recommend TalkTalk.

And the moral of the story is - Don't use phone support, you would have to have lived under a rock for the past 5 years not to know phone supports reputation, the TT forum is the place to go for help, obviously its of no use to you now. wink

So what do you do if you got no broadband at all, how are you suppose to use the forums then?

No wonder you stay with Talk Talk, you got about the same mentality as their support

Adrian

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Dec-10 08:31:03
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Thats a truly dark and unforgiving hole you live in , as for internet enabled devises ( mobile Phones ) and places you can find free WiFi ( MacDonald ) its really not that hard to work out a solution if your not wearing blinkers , say like your self .

And why don't you disconnect from the internet if its really of no importance to you , and if its of such little importance , why are you even here ?
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Dec-10 09:12:30
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
Thats a truly dark and unforgiving hole you live in ,

you better believe it

as for internet enabled devises ( mobile Phones ) and places you can find free WiFi ( MacDonald ) its really not that hard to work out a solution if your not wearing blinkers , say like your self .

A solution for what? i have not been in Mucky donalds for over 20 years, not going to start now.

I know there are places with free Wi-fi, but why would I need it? anyway my mobile phone don't have Wi-fi,

And why don't you disconnect from the internet if its really of no importance to you , and if its of such little importance , why are you even here ?

Because it is useful and I got the choice of ISPs to use.

Adrian

(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Dec-10 18:11:07
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Right, ok. I suppose there is no company you would no use then? the internet is not important, if I did not have it, it is not the end of the world.

Would you like to borrow a bigger shovel? grin
Standard User Deputy_Dog
(learned) Sun 05-Dec-10 13:24:10
Print Post

Well you have the shovel on hand as you use it so often. smile

Which you put to good use in an earlier one of sarcastic posts.

And the moral of the story is!

Anyone who thinks that a company of over 4 million customers running it's customer service through a forum is satisfactory is deluded. The forum staff do seem adequately resolve posts that they answer, but it is clear that quite a number of posts go unanswered. Also even those that get answered mostly take days or even weeks to resolve the simplest problem. On top of that many users will not be aware of the forum and not used to using them like they would a phone service.

You and a couple of others seem to take any criticism of TT to heart and take it upon yourselves to mock and humiliate other posters.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Dec-10 14:41:52
Print Post

i have know idea what you are on about, if you think I am digging a bigger hole then that is up to you, to be honest I don't care what you think, but you seem to care what ?i think.

Maybe you should grow up and act your age

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Dec-10 14:53:42
Print Post

[re: Deputy_Dog] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Deputy_Dog:
Well you have the shovel on hand as you use it so often. smile

Which you put to good use in an earlier one of sarcastic posts.

And the moral of the story is!

Anyone who thinks that a company of over 4 million customers running it's customer service through a forum is satisfactory is deluded. The forum staff do seem adequately resolve posts that they answer, but it is clear that quite a number of posts go unanswered. Also even those that get answered mostly take days or even weeks to resolve the simplest problem. On top of that many users will not be aware of the forum and not used to using them like they would a phone service.

Agree.
i must admit I do tend to email more than I phone companies. i just sent a email to Lovefilm with a complaint, prefer it to phoning them. But you should not have to use a forum if you are having problems and as I said before, what happens if you got no broadband?

BT got forums, but if I had any major problems I would phone them and i know But customer service is not great, but at least they do eventually get things done.

Forums should never be used as a substitute for phone support. Talk Talk should get it sorted.
You and a couple of others seem to take any criticism of TT to heart and take it upon yourselves to mock and humiliate other posters.

They hate people knocking Talk Talk, I don't know why as long as they are happy with it then surly that is all that matters?

People say they would not touch Vodafone with a bargepole, I don't jump up and down about it. They do the job I want them to do.

Adrian

(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Dec-10 15:30:25
Print Post

[re: Deputy_Dog] [link to this post]

Anyone who thinks that a company of over 4 million customers running it's customer service through a forum is satisfactory is deluded.

They are not running their CS through a forum it was set up (and still is a beta) as another means of getting help with the understanding it is not real time.

The forum staff do seem adequately resolve posts that they answer, but it is clear that quite a number of posts go unanswered. Also even those that get answered mostly take days or even weeks to resolve the simplest problem.

I think you need to remove your anti talktalk glasses, the OCE's do a great job and in the majority of cases fix the problems fast, as i said above its not real time support and anyone posting should know that.

On top of that many users will not be aware of the forum and not used to using them like they would a phone service.

Again as i said above the forum is just another means of getting help, phone support is supposed to be the first step if you have problems.

I defend TT against the trolls that regularly post here (the majority of which have never been talktalk customers) because talktalk have provide me and many others with a great service and are not as bad as you trolls would have potential customers believe.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to