User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Wed 12-Jan-11 19:59:52
Print Post

Re: very poor download speed

[re: webb] [link to this post]

openreach can only go onto tt and request a lift and shift, its not the decision of the engineer.

with regards to the lying, considering the engineers get measured on repeat reports, he or she wont be lying to you.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
Standard User webb
(regular) Wed 12-Jan-11 20:49:59
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

like i said in my other post ,i didnt think the openreach guy had any reason to lie to me ,but for talktalk to tell me outright that he WAS lying ,well read into that what you will,all i can say is that i,m just pleased i,m not locked into an 18 mnth contract with the shambles that is talktalk
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 12-Jan-11 23:53:09
Print Post

[re: webb] [link to this post]

Well, it's entirely possible that a lift and shift may not help, depending on where they reconnected you to. If they did do a lift and shift already and it was the same MSAN in the exchange, then that would indicate that maybe everyone connected to that MSAN is affected by the issue. More specific/correct troubleshooting required on TT's part - not your responsibility now obviously.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User webb
(regular) Thu 13-Jan-11 08:26:50
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

well that does tie in nicely with what the bt openreach guy told me (theres a specific problem affecting people on the equipment) and the fact that my friend is suffering the exact same problem at the same exchange ! anyway too late now ,they have had there chance to be honest ,sort my problem,they have really shown there true colours to me,i,m in no doubt that there are some decent people at talktalk ,but the majority leave a lot to be desired,as an aside my order with plusnet couldnt have been more different so far,there was a couple of snags (mainly due to me being with talktalk)i made a couple of phone calls to sort this out,these issues were dealt with very quickly,by the same guy that answered the phone(not passed around) and almost instantly after putting the phone down ,theres an email sent to me from plusnet ,telling me whats been done and by who !! most impressed so far !!!

Edited by webb (Thu 13-Jan-11 08:27:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to