User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User webb
(learned) Thu 16-Dec-10 22:14:51
Print Post

very poor download speed

[link to this post]

hi ,my talktalk llu connection went live today,checked my router stats ,synching at 8.7 meg great i thought,ran a speedtest 1.8 meg download speed !! ran a load more all averaged out around 2meg !! not happy,i,m connected via the master socket,netgear dgn 2000 router,all router settings are correct,rang talktalk ,managed to get an english tech guy spent the next 1.5 hours doing various tests ,changing router settings etc ,no difference whatsoever , i,ve not recieved the router that was sent to me,the tech guy ordered a new one for me and wants to do some final tests with that one, however my mate also joined tt around a month ago ,i went round his house ,hes synching at 16 meg ,but getting the same download speeds as me !!! (same exchange ),i borrowed his tt router (d link 2680) connected it up exactly the same speed(or lack of !!) now what i have noticed is the the speedtests are all very inconsistant ,erratic ie the needle is all over the place,now my gut feeling is theres a problem at the exchange,nothing is showing up on tt website,or there something set incorectly somewhere,as it does seem like the speed is being held up for want of a better word,does anyone have any ideas,before i cancel my contract .many thanks
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Thu 16-Dec-10 22:35:31
Print Post

Re: very poor download speed

[re: webb] [link to this post]

can you post your stats sir

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User webb
(learned) Thu 16-Dec-10 22:42:48
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7177 kbps 1015 kbps
Line Attenuation 44.0 db 23.0 db
Noise Margin 9.2 db 8.8 db there you go mate,line rate dropped as i,ve been messing about with routers etc tonight

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Dec-10 14:03:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by webb:
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7177 kbps 1015 kbps
Line Attenuation 44.0 db 23.0 db
Noise Margin 9.2 db 8.8 db there you go mate,line rate dropped as i,ve been messing about with routers etc tonight

Here you go - http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1426/eeeeeeeeeee.png

You could try the TT forum paste your OP and ask if its worth trying a profile change.

Try this test and post your results - http://www.speedtest.net/index.php

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Fri 17-Dec-10 14:09:30)

Standard User webb
(learned) Fri 17-Dec-10 14:20:26
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1074449894.png[/IMG] my problem is not my connection speed its my download speed ,its rubbish ,i,m in the test socket etc ,spent over an hor on the phone to a guy from talktalk yesterday ,hes calling me again shortly
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Fri 17-Dec-10 15:59:09
Print Post

How are you testing your download speed though - did you try the TalkTalk speed test? This is generally the best to use as it's on the TT network, whilst other testers are external and may be subject to network congestion. Also, which exchange are you on? (could be a congested exchange)
Standard User webb
(learned) Fri 17-Dec-10 19:16:39
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

well the promised phonecall from tech guy never came ,my exchange is sedgefield ,i mentioned that i thought it may be congestion,he said it wouldnt be,i did around 15 speed tests today on talktalk forums ,averaged out at just over 2 meg,my mate is also on tt (same exchange) he connects at 16 meg,his speedtest results are the same as mine (checked last night)so for me its got to be the exchange,as far as i,m aware its only had tt llu in for around 2 months,so if its congestion its a very poor future for that exchange and one that i,m not going to be part of,as an example up until the 16/12/2010 i was with zen adsl2 ,synching at around 7.1 meg and downloading at 5.75 24/7 at the same exchange,yes i did read all the warnings about talktalk,just figured as long as i had a good connection then i wouldnt need to even contact them !!!!
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Dec-10 19:31:48
Print Post

well the promised phonecall from tech guy never came ,my exchange is sedgefield

I have checked the TT exchange status page and it is showing no problems for SEDGEFIELD (NESFE)

Have you tried speed tests after midnight when the exchange should be a lot quieter than at peak time?

I also noticed the http://www.speedtest.net/index.php site result quoted Morecambe as the test server, I always get slow results to that server ( i am in south Cumbria so it chooses that as default) try the one a t Maidenhead and post back.

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Fri 17-Dec-10 19:36:18)

Standard User webb
(learned) Fri 17-Dec-10 19:35:13
Print Post

soo where do i go from here jack ,synching at 8.7 mg right now ,just ran a speedtest on tt forum ,0.78 meg !!!i know for certain theres nothing wrong at my end
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Dec-10 19:37:14
Print Post

soo where do i go from here jack ,synching at 8.7 mg right now ,just ran a speedtest on tt forum ,0.78 meg !!!i know for certain theres nothing wrong at my end

Ive edited my last post we must have X posted, try the Maidenhead server. wink
Standard User webb
(learned) Fri 17-Dec-10 19:42:44
Print Post

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1074843274.png there you go jack
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sat 18-Dec-10 10:01:21
Print Post

I suggest you register and report this at the TT member forums. Seems pretty clear it is an issue at the exchange and/or further up the backhaul, especially seeing as your mate is getting the same speed test results. As Jack says, the exchange checker on the website is showing no issues, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. TT should be able to give you more information on the forums if the issue, and if it isn't already flagged up they should be able to investigate it for you. Avoid the telephone support.
Standard User webb
(learned) Sat 18-Dec-10 10:39:01
Print Post

hi mate i reported this on the forums on thursday ,not got a reply off anyone yet ,i took matters in my own hands and have an engineer comming on tuesday,he will basically check my internall wiring etc ,if no fault found he will sign it off as ok ,and it will be passed over to openreach,IF a fault is found internally he will repair it and it will cost me £29.99,i,m very confident theres nothing wrong with my setup,by the way its level 2 support whos sending the engineer out ,this was easily achieved by going through to the cancellation department !!if this issue is passed on to openreach i,m going to request an extension to the 30 day cancellation period to cover my ass,thanks for the replys guys
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Dec-10 10:51:48
Print Post

it will cost me £29.99

Are you sure its only £29, I was under the impression it was a lot more than that.
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sat 18-Dec-10 10:59:38
Print Post

That would be £29.99 for a Qube engineer which is who TT have sent out - of course, it would be more like £200 if it were at BT Openreach engineer. Assuming the slow speeds are happening on a wired connection (and not just wifi), then it is pretty much a waste of time sending a Qube engineer, but I suppose TT need to verify where the problem lies. It will be an even bigger waste of time and money if they decide to send a BT Openreach engineer out next, because it is probably related to the TT equipment at the exchange or the backhaul. Hopefully a reply will come on the TTMF because in the past they've easily identified these issues, although I'm not sure what they're like more recently.
Standard User webb
(learned) Sat 18-Dec-10 11:01:17
Print Post

yes i initailly said that there was no way i was going to pay the £100 plus charges that i,ve seen bandied about,he catagorically stated it would be £29.99 ,now whether they are using 3rd party enginners i dont know ,but one thing is certain,this service is to be signed for upon completion,and there is no way that i,m signing for something i,m not happy with !!!
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sat 18-Dec-10 11:01:26
Print Post

Hi,

Can't see any mention in the topic of:

How are you connected from the router to the computer, wireless, ethernet or homeplugs?

What Operating system are you using?

What is the MTU set to in the router?

What is the MTU set to in the Computer?

Standard User webb
(learned) Sat 18-Dec-10 11:13:51
Print Post

yes its happening on wifi and wired,the guy even stated i,m only passing around 2 meg on the line test he did,he basically said that he had to send this engineer out before he could escalate it to openreach,he also stated that if my house is signed off as ok ,there would be no further charges at any point to me,i,m 100 % certain there not a problem at my end,i did question why openreach had to look at the exchange when its talktalks equipment in there !!my home wiring is basically it comes in from outside,into the first conection box,then runs directly into my living room to test socket , no extensions,1 telephone and router connected into microfilter directly into test socket ,where its been for the last 4 years,the router is a 3 week old netgear dgn 2000 ,i also have an older dgn2000 ,and also borowed my mates talktalk d link 2680 all gave exactly the same readings,,its a new microfilter ,and i,ve even put a new belkin high speed modem cable in,up until thursday ,i was with zen and even though my connection speed was lower i was downloading at a constant 5.75 meg 24/7
Standard User webb
(learned) Sat 18-Dec-10 11:18:32
Print Post

[re: Hatari] [link to this post]

im connected wirelessly at the moment to a brand new imac ,i,ve ran it via ethernet to my imac and to a high spec dell laptop with no difference in speeds,i,m running mtu at 1400 at the moment on the advise of the talktalk support ,i,v e been on neraly every setting betweebn 1500 _1360 no difference at all,my post is on talktalk forums,i,m using windows 7 pro on the laptop,snow leopard on the imac,bootcamp with win 7 pro also on mac
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sat 18-Dec-10 11:38:03
Print Post

My mind is wondering what the MTU is on the PC, with 1400 on the router if the PC is set at say 1500 then it will cause problems at the router.

Also have you check the setting on W7. I would suggest you have a look at Vista/W7 tweaks

Standard User webb
(regular) Sat 18-Dec-10 11:42:39
Print Post

would that cause a loss of around 5 meg though ?i,m off out now but will try it later,thanks
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sat 18-Dec-10 11:45:04
Print Post

I have seen it cause that sort of drop

Standard User webb
(regular) Sat 18-Dec-10 14:42:42
Print Post

quick update ,i,ve just been down my sisters ,tried her computer,shes with aol,ie carphone wharehouse ie talktalk,she is getting a download speed of 12 meg and syncing at 14 ,she has a cheap old pc running win xp ,aan old netgear router ,telephone wiring that has more extensions comeing bfrom it than i dont know what ,and yes the same exchange as me aaagghhh ,her mtu was set at 1450 ,put mine to that and no [censored] difference !!
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sun 19-Dec-10 22:33:17
Print Post

quick update ,i,ve just been down my sisters ,tried her computer,shes with aol,ie carphone wharehouse ie talktalk,she is getting a download speed of 12 meg and syncing at 14 ,she has a cheap old pc running win xp ,aan old netgear router ,telephone wiring that has more extensions comeing bfrom it than i dont know what ,and yes the same exchange as me aaagghhh ,her mtu was set at 1450 ,put mine to that and no [censored] difference !!

Unfortunately each line is different and each computer setup is different, your sister is using XP, your using W7. Easier to set XP up for broadband all of the paramaters are easily adjusted. Guessing you only changed the MTU on the router and not on the computer. Honestly I do not think that MTU is the major cause of your problems.

Standard User webb
(regular) Sun 19-Dec-10 22:42:47
Print Post

yes i agree,at least it proves that somebody is getting the speed they should get and rules out congestion,i was thinking about it ,and my sister has been with aol for donkeys years (,she didnt even know her speed had been upgraded !!) me and my mate both migrated to talk talk,me from zen ,him from bt,we are both suffering the exact same problems,he lives approx 250 yards from my sister on the same estate,it does seem very strange dont you think
Standard User Hatari
(member) Sun 19-Dec-10 22:49:56
Print Post

yes i agree,at least it proves that somebody is getting the speed they should get and rules out congestion,i was thinking about it ,and my sister has been with aol for donkeys years (,she didnt even know her speed had been upgraded !!) me and my mate both migrated to talk talk,me from zen ,him from bt,we are both suffering the exact same problems,he lives approx 250 yards from my sister on the same estate,it does seem very strange dont you think

Unfortunately not not strange. You have gone from an up to 8M system to an up to 24M system.

Now assuming that the guys on TTMF have asked the right question that leaves the computers.

Could you post your router stats, Bandwidth, attenuation, and noise margin.

I will have a look tomorrow, off to watch some TV with HRH smile

Standard User webb
(regular) Sun 19-Dec-10 23:16:19
Print Post

router stats ,downstream 8724/ upstream 1020 .line attenuation 44db up/ 23db down,noise margin 5.7 down / 11.1 up, i have ran 34 speedtests on the talktalk forums speedtester ,the average speed of these tests is 2.18 meg !! i ran 4 tests on zen on day of change over my highest speed was 5.75 meg and my average was 5.75 meg,i was getting this constant speed ALL the time with zen ,correct me if i,m wrong but i take it i will have been put onto another different line at the exchange when i switched over to talk talk,hence the half hour downtime,if so surely thats where my problem lies ,the new line ?? please take a look at my stats and give me your opinion,its very much appreciated
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sun 19-Dec-10 23:35:31
Print Post

You'll still be using the same phone line, mostly - it's just that at the exchange side, it will have been moved from BT's equipment to TT's. I take it your line stats were similar with Zen, which will go some way to confirming this. As long as you've tagged all those speedtests with your phone number, clearly this is something that the support staff on the TTMF need to investigate. In an ideal world your speedtests should come close to your sync speeds, of course - I'm convinced it's a networking issue on TT's side and/or at the exchange.

BTW, don't be tempted to post in your thread on TTMF until you've had a reply from the support staff - each time you add to it, you bump it to the back of the queue.
Standard User webb
(regular) Sun 19-Dec-10 23:40:51
Print Post

i,ve gained around 2 meg connection wise ,but lost all rthat and more in download speed !,my mate has basicaly doubled his speed to 16 meg ,and hes getting the same results as me
Standard User webb
(regular) Tue 21-Dec-10 21:58:35
Print Post

update ,engineer found found nothing wrong with my setup at home ,finished off by email the results of a tracetest and ping test he was asked to do by tt,he seems to think theres a problem with the network card at the exchange,its in the hands of openreach now,awaiting update
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Tue 21-Dec-10 22:53:24
Print Post

Wow, what a surprise laugh. Here's hoping that you get a quick resolution.
Standard User adywan
(learned) Wed 22-Dec-10 13:19:24
Print Post

hi ,my talktalk llu connection went live today,checked my router stats ,synching at 8.7 meg great i thought,ran a speedtest 1.8 meg download speed !! ran a load more all averaged out around 2meg !! not happy,i,m connected via the master socket,netgear dgn 2000 router,all router settings are correct,rang talktalk ,managed to get an english tech guy spent the next 1.5 hours doing various tests ,changing router settings etc ,no difference whatsoever , i,ve not recieved the router that was sent to me,the tech guy ordered a new one for me and wants to do some final tests with that one, however my mate also joined tt around a month ago ,i went round his house ,hes synching at 16 meg ,but getting the same download speeds as me !!! (same exchange ),i borrowed his tt router (d link 2680) connected it up exactly the same speed(or lack of !!) now what i have noticed is the the speedtests are all very inconsistant ,erratic ie the needle is all over the place,now my gut feeling is theres a problem at the exchange,nothing is showing up on tt website,or there something set incorectly somewhere,as it does seem like the speed is being held up for want of a better word,does anyone have any ideas,before i cancel my contract .many thanks

My daughter had the same problem when she joined TalkTalk. She was synced @ 14mb but only getting 2mb download speeds. Posted the problem in the Talk Talk members forum and this was fixed in a couple of days and she's now getting full speeds. The forum is a better place to get problems solved.
Standard User webb
(regular) Wed 22-Dec-10 13:29:55
Print Post

[re: adywan] [link to this post]

hi thanks for the reply ,do you know what the problem was with your daughters connection?it does sound very much like its the same thing
Standard User webb
(regular) Sat 08-Jan-11 21:34:20
Print Post

FINAL UPDATE ,after 24 days fighting talktalk over my very poor throughput (9 meg connection,an average of 2.02 meg download speed measured over 85 speedtests ) i,m leaving talktalk,i wont go into the lies ,lies and more lies that ive been told by talktalk,what i will tell you is that ive had 1 qube engineer out who stated that the problem lay at the exchange,and yesterday a bt openreach engineer,who stated that everything at my end was fine,and that he was going to the exchange to have a quick check and call talk talk with his findings and suggest a lift and shift (his words) the engineer promised he would call me with the outcome ,45 min later he called and stated THAT THE TALKTALK NETWORK TEAM ARE AWARE OF A SPECIFIC PROBLEM AT THE EXCHANGE WITH THE TALKTALK EQUIPMENT,AND THAT I WOULD BE GETTING A CALL FROM TALKTALK REGUARDING THIS,HE ALSO EXPRESSED HIS DISBELIEF THAT HE HAD EVEN BEEN SENT OUT !!! i then called talktalk jepordy team,to challenge them over the matter,the extremlely unhelpfull lady i spoke to put me on hold whilst she spoke the the network team,when she came back she told me in no uncertain terms THAT THE ENGINEER HAS NEVER CALLED TALKTALK,AND THERE IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY EXCHANGE,AND THAT HE MUST BE LYING TO ME !!!!!!! SHE THEN WENT ON TO TELL ME THAT BASICALLY THE FACT THAT I HAD A THROUGHPUT OF 2MEG ON A 9 MEG CONNECTION WAS ACCEPTABLE, !!! AND THAT THE LOSS OF CIRCA 5 MEG WAS PROBABLY DUE TO ME HAVING PROGRAMS RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND ON MY EQUIPMENT ( 2010 27 IN IMAC RUNNING SOPHOS AV, 2010 DELL STUDIO 1558 I5 RUNNING KASPERSKY 2011,NO PROGRAMS RUNNING IN BACKGROUND !!!!) I PROMPTLY TOLD HER TO PASS ME THROUGH TO DISCONNECTIONS,TO BE ASKED BY THE BRIGHT SPARK THERE ( IS IT REALLY WORTH LEAVING OVER A FEW MISSING MEG OF THROUGHPUT ????) AND TO BE TOLD THAT I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO PAY A DISCONECTION FEE,I POLITELY TOLD HIM THAT I WAS WITHIN MY 30 DAY PERIOD,AND THIS PERIOD HAD ALSO BEEN EXTENDED BY A FURTHER 14 DAYS DUE TO THE PROBLEMS I,VE BEEN HAVING !!!!!!! so to cap it off i,ve placed an order with plusnet for there extra broadband and phone package,i,ve gone for the no contract option(better safe than sorry)its a few quid more than tt but i really couldnt care less, now im just hoping that tt dont mess me about on my move to plusnet or try to charge me for the bt engineer or ofcom here we come !! PS since tt were informed that i plan on leaving my throughput suddenly dropped to less than 1 meg !!
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sat 08-Jan-11 22:38:03
Print Post

Sorry to hear that - IMHO, you really should have steered well clear from the phone support and dealt with the problem soley through the TTMF. You still will have gone around the houses a little, but I think you would have gotten the issue resolved that way. That said, whether that would have happened within your 30 day trial period is debatable. Unfortunately, for a telco, TalkTalk's communication skills, particularly between departments, has gone downhill - reminds me of chinese whispers. I think TalkTalk are wasting a whole bunch of time and money with drawn out and inefficient troubleshooting procedures.
Standard User webb
(regular) Sat 08-Jan-11 22:55:07
Print Post

i did initally use the forums ,but i was very mindfull of the 30 day get out clause ,xmas was imminent,and when your waiting 2+ days for a reply on the forums taking into account the xmas period ,the bank holidays etc i doubt very much that it would have been resolved in the 30 days,however after what i,ve been through with every other department in tt ,i really really wouldnt want to spend another second longer than necessary with them,to be constantly lied to time and again really gets my back up,i was prepared for poor customer service ,but this takes things to another level it really does,if anyone has any thoughts on joining please read this and do not even think of joining talktalk,i honestly have been gobsmacked by the sheer arrogance and blatant lies that have been passed off as customer service, i have never encountered a level of service this low EVER !!!!!!! i,m just waiting for them to screw me over on my migration now !!!
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sun 09-Jan-11 13:56:53
Print Post

What makes it worse is that customer services probably weren't lying per se - they just didn't know the details and couldn't explain the situation, due to complete lack of communication internally. It is also not unusual for BT Openreach engineers to say they've done things that they haven't. Not that I'm excusing TT, obviously. The forums were much, much better a couple of years ago, but I guess they were much less busy. I remember cases exactly like yours when if the problem was not actually fixed within 24 hours of you reporting it, you'd at least get a sane, real explanation as to when an ETA for a fix would be. That was back when there were guys from the networks team reading and responding on the forums - people who actually know what they were talking about and could directly investigate problems. Sending out 1 engineer, let alone 2, was a joke and completely unnecessary if they had better knowledge and troubleshooting procedures.
Standard User webb
(regular) Sun 09-Jan-11 14:19:41
Print Post

i agree with what your saying totally,and i still believe that the problem 100% lies at the exchange,as i previously said my mate is also suffering the exact same problem ,to a worse degree to me ,he actually synchs at 16 meg,almost identical throughput speeds as me,in the test socket etc !! i honestly do believe what the bt engineer said ,why would he lie to me and potentialy land himself in a whole load of bother,its not as if he claimed hes done something to my line ,his words at my house were (i dont see why you shouldnt be getting any less than a throughput of 7 meg) i really wanted this to be sorted out ,if talktalk had told me yes theres a problem at the exchange ,we are going to sort it by xx and extended my get out clause until after the fix date ,then yes i would have been happy to stay !!! but i cant stay with a company that constantly decieves ,lies, and treats you like rubbish!!! after doing a bit more research into the matter ,i came across one of the speedtest sites that allows you to compare speeds in your area ,low and behold every talktalk speedtest in my area including ones basically on top of the exhange ,were at best the same as mine ,a lot even worse!!! suprise suprise !!! if any talktalk reps are reading this feel free to comment !!!
Standard User webb
(regular) Wed 12-Jan-11 11:16:13
Print Post

quick update,after a strange call from talktalk yesterday,and several calls made by me ,talktalk have told mea lift and shift would be performed today(wednesday am) its now 11.11 am and it hasnt been performed yet !!i dad question why its take nearly a month to agree to do this,the lady i spoke to was genuinly apologetic,and upon reading my account notes couldnt believe what had been going on !! so lets see what the lift and shift brings,if it happens at all !!!
Standard User webb
(regular) Wed 12-Jan-11 19:44:09
Print Post

well today came and went ,i,m not really sure that the lift and shift actually happened tbh,what i do know is that i had 4 disconections over a 4 hour period this afternoon,all this achieved was a reduced connection speed due to my snr being increased to 12 db from 6db,no change in my throughput whatsoever,now call me cynical ,but i do belive that all thats happened is talktalk just disconnected me at there end 4 times!!i thinks its quite telling that i never recieved the automated txt that normally occurs when something has been done,and i think that its just been one last attempt to con me into staying with them !!!to ad insult to injury ,i went to pick my son up from nursery today, i was a little early,so sat in car and browsed the internet on my iphone,i noticed that my iphone had picked up an unsecured wifi signal ,it was a talktalk signal ,i quickly did a speed test on my phone ,it gave a constant 6 meg with me recieving half a wifi signal on the iphone sat outside in a car !!!i discovered that the wifi belonged to the nursery,and informed the owner(i used to go to school with him) that he was unsecured !!!and he asked me if i could secure it!! this was duly done !! so i still dont know what the problem is or was with talktalk and my line,roll on the 25th for plusnet!!
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Wed 12-Jan-11 19:59:52
Print Post

openreach can only go onto tt and request a lift and shift, its not the decision of the engineer.

with regards to the lying, considering the engineers get measured on repeat reports, he or she wont be lying to you.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
Standard User webb
(regular) Wed 12-Jan-11 20:49:59
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

like i said in my other post ,i didnt think the openreach guy had any reason to lie to me ,but for talktalk to tell me outright that he WAS lying ,well read into that what you will,all i can say is that i,m just pleased i,m not locked into an 18 mnth contract with the shambles that is talktalk
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 12-Jan-11 23:53:09
Print Post

Well, it's entirely possible that a lift and shift may not help, depending on where they reconnected you to. If they did do a lift and shift already and it was the same MSAN in the exchange, then that would indicate that maybe everyone connected to that MSAN is affected by the issue. More specific/correct troubleshooting required on TT's part - not your responsibility now obviously.
Standard User webb
(regular) Thu 13-Jan-11 08:26:50
Print Post

well that does tie in nicely with what the bt openreach guy told me (theres a specific problem affecting people on the equipment) and the fact that my friend is suffering the exact same problem at the same exchange ! anyway too late now ,they have had there chance to be honest ,sort my problem,they have really shown there true colours to me,i,m in no doubt that there are some decent people at talktalk ,but the majority leave a lot to be desired,as an aside my order with plusnet couldnt have been more different so far,there was a couple of snags (mainly due to me being with talktalk)i made a couple of phone calls to sort this out,these issues were dealt with very quickly,by the same guy that answered the phone(not passed around) and almost instantly after putting the phone down ,theres an email sent to me from plusnet ,telling me whats been done and by who !! most impressed so far !!!

Edited by webb (Thu 13-Jan-11 08:27:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to