User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 12:07:47
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Experience

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
In reply to a post by DannyD12:
even the top IDNET package is limited in downloads.

It says it's unlimited but it isn't really.
None of the IDNet packages are limited in the amount you are allowed to download, and there other ISPs who operate in the same way... as Phil says, you just have to pay for it.

Well I think I can see where you're going but I was thinking unlimited package rather than buying bandwidth at £1 per GB or whatever the ISP may charge.

Obviously ISP's like AAISP are much cheaper than this for offpeak but there's no unlimited package like with say a dedicated fibre ethernet connection which has no restriction on the amount you upload/download other than the speed of the connection.

If there is please let me know as I was looking for a package or probably two to replace a fibre connection for a client!

Regards

DannyD
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 12:57:25
Print Post

[re: DannyD12] [link to this post]

but there's no unlimited package like with say a dedicated fibre ethernet connection which has no restriction on the amount you upload/download other than the speed of the connection.

If there is please let me know as I was looking for a package or probably two to replace a fibre connection for a client!
It's not fibre ethernet, but no doubt that's available at a price from an appropriate supplier:

http://www.idnet.net/solutions/uncontendedadsl.jsp

What you're looking for is a leased line... as has been said, you can have it if you're prepared to pay for it.

edit- some prices, selected more or less at random from google.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM

Edited by billford (Thu 03-Feb-11 13:12:33)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:22:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
but there's no unlimited package like with say a dedicated fibre ethernet connection which has no restriction on the amount you upload/download other than the speed of the connection.

It's not fibre ethernet, but no doubt that's available at a price from an appropriate supplier:

http://www.idnet.net/solutions/uncontendedadsl.jsp

What you're looking for is a leased line... as has been said, you can have it if you're prepared to pay for it.

The client is already on a fibre ethernet connection but it's costly hence looking at FTTC to replace it as I said in my previous post.

ADSL isn't an option as it's too slow even with bonding.

I wasn't really talking about contention either I was talking about unlimited downloads/uploads on an FTTC connections rather like Sky with their residential ADSL...

I'm not looking for a leased line I just said there's no supplier that I've seen that does an unlimited FTTC package. If you could provide me a link to one that does then please do as I'd love to be proven wrong!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:35:03
Print Post

I wasn't really talking about contention either
You said "dedicated"... to me that means nobody else sharing it, ie uncontended, but fair enough.
I was talking about unlimited downloads/uploads on an FTTC connections rather like Sky with their residential ADSL...
I doubt if you'll get it, afaik BT charge ISPs for the amount of traffic they expect to carry, and as (not unreasonably) ISPs like to make a profit, true unlimited isn't an option.

Some of the smaller ISPs who are providing FTTC (IDNet, A&A come to mind) might set up a bespoke package that suits your requirements, but you'd have to call them and ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acting_funny
(member) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:35:30
Print Post

http://www.o-bit.net/products/fttc.html

quoted @ £120/month for surfwise fibre unlimited, don't know how well their bt based products are standing up nowdays performance wise - their llu seems solid enough.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:43:02
Print Post

[re: acting_funny] [link to this post]

Nice find... I'll make a note of that for future reference smile

No T&Cs on the website though, so that may need careful study.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:50:41
Print Post

I wasn't really talking about contention either
You said "dedicated"... to me that means nobody else sharing it, ie uncontended, but fair enough.

I was using dedicated fibre as an example of where download/upload amounts isn't restricted perhaps I should have used Sky initially instead....

I was talking about unlimited downloads/uploads on an FTTC connections rather like Sky with their residential ADSL...
doubt if you'll get it, afaik BT charge ISPs for the amount of traffic they expect to carry, and as (not unreasonably) ISPs like to make a profit, true unlimited isn't an option.

Wasn't this what was being discussed? I'm aware of the BT pricing policies which is why I queried that there were unlimited FTTC products available (granted the person did just say fibre but then most people use this incorrectly to describe FTTC/VDSL). So in the end can we agree there are no unlimited FTTC connections?

I wonder if the ASA are hiring....

Edited by DannyD12 (Thu 03-Feb-11 13:56:50)

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:55:24
Print Post

[re: acting_funny] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acting_funny:
http://www.o-bit.net/products/fttc.html

quoted @ £120/month for surfwise fibre unlimited, don't know how well their bt based products are standing up nowdays performance wise - their llu seems solid enough.

Thanks for that I'll try and find a reseller to call up as it looks like they don't seem to supply directly although the lack of T&C's is a worry perhaps this is due to these being provided by the reseller (does anyone know a decent reseller of their services?) I did enquire IDNet about their £90/£100 "unlimited" package and unfortunately they don't actually mean that which makes me very wary of other suppliers as I know IDNet are held in high regard.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:58:10
Print Post

I wonder if the ASA are hiring....
Already covered:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/i/4553.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User gmoorc
(member) Thu 03-Feb-11 14:14:37
Print Post

(does anyone know a decent reseller of their services?)

You could try calling Vivaciti who resell packages based on Obit surfwise. If you ask for Carl I think he is the boss smile

Maybe also Xilo/Uno?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to