User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Myth
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:37:05
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Experience

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Jack.... wasn't your IDnet connection an ADSLMax product? when you left IDnet their LLU product was rare if not non-existent. However, if you had a 7150 profile (the maximum) I'd still be unhappy with a 6MBit throughput on IDNet, should be 6.9 pretty consistently.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:38:56
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Myth:
Jack.... wasn't your IDnet connection an ADSLMax product? when you left IDnet their LLU product was rare if not non-existent. However, if you had a 7150 profile (the maximum) I'd still be unhappy with a 6MBit throughput on IDNet, should be 6.9 pretty consistently.

that's odd, i use to be with idnet before a year ago, my maximum ip profile is 7150k and i get 6958k-6997k throughput speed.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:39:57
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Futaura:
I'm confused. Previously you said you were under contract with BT until November 2011, after having tried to sign up to TT, so did you get out of the contract somehow? And who are you to say how rubbish TT is - I suggest you post your speedtests to prove this opinion, rather than asking customers to prove the opposite. Oh, sorry, that's right - you can't as you're not a TT customer.

I can leave BT with penalty fee notice.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 25-Jan-11 08:41:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:45:11
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

There's an enormous difference between "fee" & "free"; a whole "R"!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:52:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I know, I spoken to someone from broadband advisor yesterday as he had talktalk for 20 months and never had any problem with speed issues and tt forum member with friendly staffs there mon-fri only and he never bothered use customer or tech support on the phone. He getting roughly between 12-14 meg and never went below.

So, I believe myself, that my line is always maximum profile of 7150k and I should getting around 13-15 meg range with tt. I hope so, smile As I ordered talktalk plus with unlimited calls with free 01,02, 03, 0800, 0300, 0845 and 0870 with up to 15 meg broadband is better than BT line rental with unlimited with seperator zen internet up to 7 meg is bit expensive with just 50gb usage.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 25-Jan-11 09:50:02
Print Post

How many ISP's have you wandered around over the years...

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Myth
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 09:58:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
In reply to a post by Myth:

that's odd, i use to be with idnet before a year ago, my maximum ip profile is 7150k and i get 6958k-6997k throughput speed.

why is this odd...you've just added some proof to what i said.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 10:00:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
How many ISP's have you wandered around over the years...

Mr Saffron, perhaps we should have a sub-forum called " TBB Red Light District" for people who chop and change their ISP frequently? LOL smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 16639 / 1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12.8db up