User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Feb-11 00:16:21
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Experience

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
How many ISP's have you wandered around over the years...

I am glad you asked that, the last time I saw him around the forums he was with Virgin and that was nto good enough, in fact I don't think he have been happy with ISp he have been with. the problem with Talk Talk is that once his 30 days trial is up, he is stuck with them for 18 months.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Feb-11 00:24:46
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Mr Saffron, perhaps we should have a sub-forum called " TBB Red Light District" for people who chop and change their ISP frequently? LOL smile

I thought I changed a fair few times, but some people are worse. To Be honest I have not changed that much int he 11 years I been using broadband.

BT, Metronet that became plusnet, which is when i left for AOL ( don't ask, lasted 1 month), then Eclipse, Adsl24, Bt and now back to ADSL24

Happy with where I am now, so staying put for a while unless something happens that I have to move.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 01:17:20
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I am going back to Virgin Media fibre optic and sign up for new service 30Mb downstream and 3Mb upstream for £30 a month without phone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 01-Feb-11 01:40:00
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
30Mb downstream and 3Mb upstream for £30 a month without phone.
I get 40Mb downstream and 10Mb upstream for about £28.50pcm, less if I pay annually in advance... but whatever turns you on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:01:51
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
30Mb downstream and 3Mb upstream for £30 a month without phone.
I get 40Mb downstream and 10Mb upstream for about £28.50pcm, less if I pay annually in advance... but whatever turns you on.

There is no FTTC available from BT. That's why I go back to virgin media. Fed up of BT not doing anything of no ADSL2+ up to 24 Meg nor FTTC at my local exchange.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 01-Feb-11 02:02:43)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:04:20
Print Post

There is no FTTC available from BT. That's why I go back to virgin media.
A lot of people could say "There's no Virgin cable"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:05:55
Print Post

Why? Thank cannot take over the line that quickly. It is just an impossibility from when you first posted saying you were going to it.

They have to first give notice to the old line provider and then agree on the date with them for the transfer. The old provider will then write informing you of this allowing you time to change your mind.

On the date of transfer, you will loose services for a short time and it make take a few more hours to receive incoming calls whilst routing of your number updates on BT's systems.

If this was a full LLU (MPF) shift, it is impossible for it to happen within 10 days of order - just impossible.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:09:29
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

My BT line is still dead and I had cancel BT overall, cancel TalkTalk order and I had order virgin media XL 30 meg with new customer deal and my new cable go live next tuesday.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 01-Feb-11 02:10:28)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:11:37
Print Post

Yes, but surely, if this was due to your move to Talk Talk, you wouldn't have had to cancel your BT line as that is done automatically when you move the line to another supplier.

As to what has really happened, no one will know... but it just sounds like a fault to me and you've jumped to conclusions just because you have a migration in play.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:57:03
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Matt don't waste your time

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to