User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gene_Genie
(newbie) Wed 02-Feb-11 15:03:46
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Experience

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Lucky you, but too many limitations on the fibre products, even if we had fibre here, I would prefer to stay as i am. all fibre products got to many limitations.

typical of this country, years behind, bring something out and then make sure people can't use it the way it should be.

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Look like BT & TT had messing up my line with 1st order was rejected by BT and 2nd order BT accepted and the line went dead. Sound like fault mix up order.

What do you expect, it is Tweedledee, talking to Tweedledum, both companies are as bad as each other.

Best to stay away from both if you can.

you should have stayed with virgin, I know if we had cable, I would be there. Bt with their old copper phone cables that are falling apart. What a country, third world we are

Having trouble deciding?wink
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Feb-11 19:13:31
Print Post

[re: Gene_Genie] [link to this post]

BT had confirmed that my telephone line is no longer in use. As It went over to Talktalk today as live date, still dead line, phoned up talktalk, they had cancel my order because talktalk blame on BT rejected 1st order and cease on 2nd order. So, phoned back BT and ask them to re-activated my BT line back on, BT say it will be £124.99 connection charge. I told them to forget it.

Here we go Virgin Media on Tuesday with new broadband plus virgin phone line.

Bye bye liar BT and Talktalk, They both bad as each others.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:19:59
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
all fibre products got to many limitations.
Such as? confused

Traffic management and and how much data you can download/upload.
i looked at a few and you pay more than normal broadband and yet you are more limited. The ISp i am with for instance, their Fibre service is worse value than what I am using now, sure I may be able to download a bit faster, that is if the server I am downloading from can handle that speed.

i have used internet services at 16Megabits and a lot of servers struggle with that.

So even if Fibre did come here, which it won't, I will stay as I am, I would like a bit more speed, but 40 megabits is a over kill.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:25:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Fibre with no limitations is available, alas you have to pay for it.

Oddly like any service, you pay more you can often get more

I pay £20 a month for my broadband, well just under £20 a month, for that I can get up to 16 megabit, ok I am never going to get anywhere near that due to where I live, but I certainly get over 4 megabits, which is more than Bt on their so called second generation system could get me.

i have no limits, no traffic management, no one saying that I can do this or can do that at full speed during certain times. a mate of mine is on the same network, but with a different ISp, again for about the same price, he do get 16megbits, so do you really think that fibre would be better value for him?

If you pay for a service, then that service should be available, if ISp think we use too much, then start doing a PAYg service. simple as that.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:27:42
Print Post

[re: Gene_Genie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gene_Genie:
Having trouble deciding?wink

Fair enough you got me there, i mean if we had BT fibre here I would stay as I am, but if Virgin laid a cable service here I would jump.

Had enough of BT, want to stay as far away from the company as I can, just a shame I have to use their dreaded cables.

Two companies that are a complete waste of time, Bt and Talk Talk.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:28:41
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

BT had confirmed that my telephone line is no longer in use. As It went over to Talktalk today as live date, still dead line, phoned up talktalk, they had cancel my order because talktalk blame on BT rejected 1st order and cease on 2nd order. So, phoned back BT and ask them to re-activated my BT line back on, BT say it will be £124.99 connection charge. I told them to forget it.

Here we go Virgin Media on Tuesday with new broadband plus virgin phone line.

Bye bye liar BT and Talktalk, They both bad as each others.

If you got cable, why do you bother with Bt and Talk Talk in the first place?

Adrian

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Feb-11 22:27:15
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

If you got cable, why do you bother with Bt and Talk Talk in the first place?

Good question, I left virgin media because Telford area had the worst problem (loss of broadband six times in a month) Virgin ofer me 30 meg XL plus phone line with unlimited calls with just £37.99 a month

Edited by adslmax (Wed 02-Feb-11 22:28:58)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Feb-11 22:35:17
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

BT say it will be £124.99 connection charge. I told them to forget it.
Even if you wouldn't pay, they already have. It's £30 max for a BT connection.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 11:13:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Fibre with no limitations is available, alas you have to pay for it.

Oddly like any service, you pay more you can often get more

Where is this no limitations service? I haven't seen any if we're talking FTTC, even the top IDNET package is limited in downloads.

It says it's unlimited but it isn't really.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 11:35:35
Print Post

[re: DannyD12] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DannyD12:
even the top IDNET package is limited in downloads.

It says it's unlimited but it isn't really.
None of the IDNet packages are limited in the amount you are allowed to download, and there other ISPs who operate in the same way... as Phil says, you just have to pay for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to