User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User garymartin7
(newbie) Sun 23-Jan-11 18:45:14
Print Post

Talk Talk Experience

[link to this post]

I've been a customer for 2 months now, thought I would share some feedback on my experience. Previously I'd been with some good services like the early Freedom2Surf, Zen and Newnet and also some poor services like o2 (not the LLU service). A friend moved to TalkTalk first and he had a reasonably positive experience. I was initially put off by the 18 month contract, but there are no other LLU services where I live so I only had one way to get over 8 Meg and that was TalkTalk.

My advice for anyone considering signing up with the service is that once you are connected immediately register on the member forums. I haven't tried to call the helpdesk, so I don't have any experience of how good or bad they are however I wanted interleaving removed from my line for gaming and the request was answered and the change made within 24 hours after submitting my request to the forum. I thought that was pretty good and didn't incur the admin change that Newnets change did. Don't get me wrong, the Newnet service was good, but they didn't offer anything over 8 meg in my area.

Speeds on the connection are consistently fast. I am syncing at about 16 Meg (bits) and any transfers are always at 1MB/s (bytes) or more. Gaming is a dream, used to have issues hosting in Call Of Duty groundwar gametypes, but now there is never a problem with the 1MB upload capacity.

So, I know that there are some haters out there, I am not a network novice (CCNP). Read this and take it as an opinion, I'm happy with the connection.

I did have a minor billing issue (signed up with free connection but was charged in the first bill). That issue was resolved shortly after raising on the member forum.

Gary
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Jan-11 19:28:53
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk Experience

[re: garymartin7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by garymartin7:
My advice for anyone considering signing up with the service is that once you are connected immediately register on the member forums. I haven't tried to call the helpdesk, so I don't have any experience of how good or bad they are however I wanted interleaving removed from my line for gaming and the request was answered and the change made within 24 hours after submitting my request to the forum.

Gary

Nice to see some positive feedback and i agree signing up for the forum was one of the first things I did as I already knew about phone supports shortcomings, also if its not an emergency and you can access the forum it will probably get you faster results than phone support.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(member) Sun 23-Jan-11 19:52:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by garymartin7:
ISo, I know that there are some haters out there,

Haters?! Nah mate, some trolls absolutely despise talktalk no matter how good their actual LLU broadband service is. Anyway like yourself, i'm also impressed with the speeds i get from talktalk LLU...best thing i ever did leaving BT ipstream.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 16639 / 1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12.8db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Jan-11 23:10:22
Print Post

Welcome to the club , you just found the best value for money broadband in the UK , it is budget broadband and not with out its faults but if you can see past there telephone support there really is not allot else wrong with TalkTalk LLU product , that's unless you like using P2P or use over 100gig a month .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 11:53:45
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

don't believe any of it, talktalk is rubbish service. where is your speedtest result to proof it ?

post your speedtest at am, pm and overnight your full 16meg speed.

Edited by adslmax (Mon 24-Jan-11 11:54:23)

Standard User 4M2
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 12:30:18
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

adslmax,

Could be "the luck of the draw."

Three of my relatives use TT BB, two have had no problems and found the service to be very good and the third has had big problems and found the service to be very unsatisfactory.

If the TT internet connection is down, for what ever reason, then it can be very difficult to access the forums if one doesn't have a convenient, alternative internet connection. Phone support may or may not be good - "luck of the draw" again.

On the basis of a 66% success rate, among my relatives, think I would personally not use TT broadband.

Other ISP's are also not perfect but a least, for example, Plusnet will provide a free phone dialup number that one can use with a dialup modem to access the net even when an intermittent line fault ticket is raised.

Edited by 4M2 (Mon 24-Jan-11 12:50:54)

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:26:28
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I had placed an order today and have to try talktalk plus for 30 days trial to see if it was any good service, I will use talktalk forum member.

I had to find out myself!

Edited by adslmax (Mon 24-Jan-11 15:27:01)

Standard User 4M2
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:39:23
Print Post

Best of luck, hope TT LLU works out OK for you.

One thing about the 30 day trial that concerns me is the possible hassle of getting the phone line retuned to BT should TT not meet your expectations...

Still no joy with Opel/CPW/Xilo/Uno LLU then?
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 16:51:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
don't believe any of it, talktalk is rubbish service. where is your speedtest result to proof it ?

I will not entertain TalkTalk troll with any request for any thing . Every thing you have asked for has been supplied repeatedly for many troll before you decided to come and troll this forum .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Jan-11 19:13:56
Print Post

Here is mine just taken as 19:12 - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1125890843.png

I used to get 6 Mb/s max with my old ISP.
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Mon 24-Jan-11 19:21:00
Print Post

I'm confused. Previously you said you were under contract with BT until November 2011, after having tried to sign up to TT, so did you get out of the contract somehow? And who are you to say how rubbish TT is - I suggest you post your speedtests to prove this opinion, rather than asking customers to prove the opposite. Oh, sorry, that's right - you can't as you're not a TT customer.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 22:40:21
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:

Here is mine just taken as 19:12 - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1125890843.png

that pretty good 13 meg from 6 meg. what is your downstream line attenuation before on 6 meg ?

the upload should be 1.5 meg ?
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Mon 24-Jan-11 23:28:55
Print Post

Upload is max 1Mbps sync on TT LLU and ADSL2+ in general, so 0.8Mbps throughput speed is about the max. You need an ISP and a router that both support Annex M to get a higher upload, and that doesn't currently include TT.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 24-Jan-11 23:32:16
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Futaura:
Upload is max 1Mbps sync on TT LLU and ADSL2+ in general, so 0.8Mbps throughput speed is about the max. You need an ISP and a router that both support Annex M to get a higher upload, and that doesn't currently include TT.
BE offers 1.3Mb upload on Annex A and 2.5Mb on Annex M.

_______________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 00:31:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Is my current Netgear Rangemax N Wireless DG834N v2 router support TalkTalk adsl2+ or must have TalkTalk free wireless N router ?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 01:47:50
Print Post

DG834N does support ADSL2+

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 01:50:23
Print Post

You need an ISP and a router that both support Annex M to get a higher upload, and that doesn't currently include TT.
You don't need Annex M to get > 1 Meg Upload. Orange also gets 1.3 Meg on standard Annex A.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:13:51
Print Post

I had placed an order today and have to try talktalk plus for 30 days trial to see if it was any good service, I will use talktalk forum member.

that pretty good 13 meg from 6 meg. what is your downstream line attenuation before on 6 meg ?

i'm confused mate! In the first quote you slate talktalk, then you say you've joined talktalk and then miraculously you get a speedtest from tt on the same date.

Standard User Myth
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:33:53
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

adslmax didnt post a speedtest, he meant to quote Jack and somehow screwed up the quoting thing so it looked like new text

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:35:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

i'm confused mate! In the first quote you slate talktalk, then you say you've joined talktalk and then miraculously you get a speedtest from tt on the same date.

That's not my speedtest from talktalk as it was someone else here is Jack_Hackett as my talktalk order won't be ready until 20 days time.
Standard User Myth
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:37:05
Print Post

Jack.... wasn't your IDnet connection an ADSLMax product? when you left IDnet their LLU product was rare if not non-existent. However, if you had a 7150 profile (the maximum) I'd still be unhappy with a 6MBit throughput on IDNet, should be 6.9 pretty consistently.

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:38:56
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Myth:
Jack.... wasn't your IDnet connection an ADSLMax product? when you left IDnet their LLU product was rare if not non-existent. However, if you had a 7150 profile (the maximum) I'd still be unhappy with a 6MBit throughput on IDNet, should be 6.9 pretty consistently.

that's odd, i use to be with idnet before a year ago, my maximum ip profile is 7150k and i get 6958k-6997k throughput speed.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:39:57
Print Post

I'm confused. Previously you said you were under contract with BT until November 2011, after having tried to sign up to TT, so did you get out of the contract somehow? And who are you to say how rubbish TT is - I suggest you post your speedtests to prove this opinion, rather than asking customers to prove the opposite. Oh, sorry, that's right - you can't as you're not a TT customer.

I can leave BT with penalty fee notice.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 25-Jan-11 08:41:25)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:45:11
Print Post

There's an enormous difference between "fee" & "free"; a whole "R"!

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 08:52:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I know, I spoken to someone from broadband advisor yesterday as he had talktalk for 20 months and never had any problem with speed issues and tt forum member with friendly staffs there mon-fri only and he never bothered use customer or tech support on the phone. He getting roughly between 12-14 meg and never went below.

So, I believe myself, that my line is always maximum profile of 7150k and I should getting around 13-15 meg range with tt. I hope so, smile As I ordered talktalk plus with unlimited calls with free 01,02, 03, 0800, 0300, 0845 and 0870 with up to 15 meg broadband is better than BT line rental with unlimited with seperator zen internet up to 7 meg is bit expensive with just 50gb usage.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 25-Jan-11 09:50:02
Print Post

How many ISP's have you wandered around over the years...

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Myth
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 09:58:29
Print Post

that's odd, i use to be with idnet before a year ago, my maximum ip profile is 7150k and i get 6958k-6997k throughput speed.

why is this odd...you've just added some proof to what i said.

(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 10:00:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

Mr Saffron, perhaps we should have a sub-forum called " TBB Red Light District" for people who chop and change their ISP frequently? LOL smile

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Tue 25-Jan-11 10:12:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
Welcome to the club , you just found the best value for money broadband in the UK , it is budget broadband and not with out its faults but if you can see past there telephone support there really is not allot else wrong with TalkTalk LLU product , that's unless you like using P2P or use over 100gig a month .

What's the problem with using over 100gig a month? I only got connected with TT in December but haven't had any problems using over 100gig.

Edited to say I'm on the Plus package.

Edited by DannyD12 (Tue 25-Jan-11 10:13:38)

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 14:53:21
Print Post

beat me, I had lost the counts myself as my past isps are:

ukfsn, adsl24, entanet, zen, plusnet, adsl4less, virgin media, idnet, metronet, icuk, breathe, eclipse, tesco, topletter, demon, falconnect, firenet, fast co uk, freedom2suf and many mores. Probably 30 odd's isps over the last 5 years!

Joining TalkTalk Pro now, probably staying with TT for 18 months, if things go well, I will continue to stay. Finger cross.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 25-Jan-11 14:55:36)

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 16:07:23
Print Post

does anyones know where do i find ofcom pricing of early cancellation fee if still within 12/18 months contract ? I see it once somewhere before but now I can't find it,
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 17:50:52
Print Post

Dont get me wrong IDNet were brilliant and i had a decent 4 years with them, P2P was awesome wink

SDont get me wrong I was not trying to say i only got 6 Mb/s with IDNet as if i should have got more i was showing that i managed to double my speed and more by moving to LLU, I see some LLU customers who get a lot less so i am over the moon with my connection.
Standard User Zigtek
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jan-11 18:17:48
Print Post

Just done a speedtest

and this is with at least 9 devices connected to my network, though obviously they are not all pulling any bandwidth.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1127319582.png

Dr Zig prescribes...More Beer! smile
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 18:39:20
Print Post

[re: Zigtek] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zigtek:
Just done a speedtest

and this is with at least 9 devices connected to my network, though obviously they are not all pulling any bandwidth.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1127319582.png

One just now with my lad on the PS3 in the next room - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1127356495.png (slightly better than last nights) grin
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 25-Jan-11 19:03:51
Print Post

What Ofcom fee? Was not aware (unless brain is getting worse) that there was an Ofcom ruling.

Usually if say in month 9 of any 18 month contract the exit fee is 9xmonthly fee

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 22:47:18
Print Post

Here: http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2010/06/17/cheaper-charges...

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 22:49:38
Print Post

What Ofcom fee? Was not aware (unless brain is getting worse) that there was an Ofcom ruling.
Poor brain! You even had a news item on it: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4277-ofcom-announ...

Standard User NightShade737
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 23:09:50
Print Post

My personal experiences aren't so great so far. My speed is slower than my old ASDL 1 provider, but this may be due to the SNR profile they've put me on (used to get 3.8Mb, now get 3.2Mb).

Second is that I can't sign up for their forum as it says my details aren't valid.

Third and a very big concern, is regarding the "StalkStalk" thing. After visiting my site, I'm followed shortly afterwards by their URL following servers.

Example server log excerpts below:

62.24.222.131 - - [25/Jan/2011:20:19:10 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 9373 "http://retrotracks.net/" "(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR ; http://www.talktalk.co.uk/products/virus-alerts/)"

The most concerning thing about this isn't that they visit the sites you go to, it's that they visit the SPECIFIC URL you visited. So if you went to a secret URL that triggers a cron job for instance, they will also repeatedly load that URL themselves later on, causing lots of potential issues (I've checked my server logs to confirm this). Very worrying to be honest. Looks like I'm going to have to configure the firewall on the server to block access from any of their servers.
Standard User Myth
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 23:53:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:

Dont get me wrong IDNet were brilliant and i had a decent 4 years with them, P2P was awesome wink

SDont get me wrong I was not trying to say i only got 6 Mb/s with IDNet as if i should have got more i was showing that i managed to double my speed and more by moving to LLU, I see some LLU customers who get a lot less so i am over the moon with my connection.

the reason I question it is you always manage to give the impression that TalkTalk doubled your line speed, when infact it was the move from ADSLMax to ADSL2+ that doubled your line speed, and though I understand that TalkTalk had the equipment in the exchange before BTw (and therefore IDnet), I wonder what your speed would have been if you stayed with IDnet on the 21CN BTw kit. (I know latency issues also played a part in your move)

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Jan-11 05:24:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Here: http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2010/06/17/cheaper-charges...

I found here: http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1...
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Jan-11 08:05:43
Print Post

TalkTalk have been busy in our area putting equipment into exchanges that dont even have a BT 21cn date , so the doubling of speed is a valid point for some as there is no other ADSL2+ option , apart from TalkTalk .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Jan-11 08:53:40
Print Post

BT is bit unfair really ingorning many exchange with BT 21c dates as many exchanges had a date on it before, but now BT had pulling it out because they are now investments on FTTC in other exchanges. That's why there is no other LLU's on my exchange only the talktalk llu up to 24 meg and virgin media cable up to 100 meg.

Edited by adslmax (Wed 26-Jan-11 08:54:27)

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Jan-11 09:03:51
Print Post

My TalkTalk pre-order had a big problem now : Whoops, there appears to be a problem with your line.

Please check again or call us free on 0800 781 1107.

My broadband went dead with zen, I had phoned up on my mobile and zen told me that my switch over to LLU telephone service provider had completed. But, they had cancel my broadband and say it not up to Zen as I need to speak to talktalk, what 's going on ?

I thought talktalk will take over on the day not to be without phone & broadband working on the line. I am fuming furious.

Got no tone on my line as my bt line is dead. Had to use "3" dongle pay as you go mobile broadband at present. Not happy with talktalk. I had phoned up talktalk customer service on my mobile but they say to me "please use your landline home number as we don't recognised your mobile number" they hang up. How's stupid, please HELP!!!!! got no broadband, no phone! I had rang up BT Retail on my mobile as BT say my telephone service provider is now under control by talktalk, BT cannot help me further.

Edited by adslmax (Wed 26-Jan-11 09:10:25)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Jan-11 09:13:53
Print Post

Aha was my summer season then

So for talkTalk its £13.50 per month of contract left, i.e. worse off than the old £70 fixed fee if just into contract.

One of those swings and roundabout things, time for people to check the contract paperwork sent out by TT

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Jan-11 17:38:39
Print Post

still without broadband and phone not working. thanks a bunch talktalk for ruining my nightmare now.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 28-Jan-11 14:39:46
Print Post

Still without broadband?

How are you posting then?

Also you only ordered on Tuesday? Are you saying talktalk has sent all its letters out and taken over the line and failed to connect you inside three working days? Unlikely.

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Jan-11 22:29:37
Print Post

using mobile dongle broadband. My BT line still dead and still without broadband.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Jan-11 08:29:42
Print Post

What you don't know , you make up , Im finding you very hard to believe as already pointed out 3 days from order to disconnect . Really ?

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 31-Jan-11 12:11:54
Print Post

Really you are using a mobile broadband dongle?

Or is this just another porky pie?
What date did you order with TalkTalk, and what date did they give you for activation?

Lead times with TalkTalk are up to a month.

(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Jan-11 17:24:26
Print Post

Really you are using a mobile broadband dongle?

Looks like it has stopped working. grin
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Feb-11 00:16:21
Print Post

I am glad you asked that, the last time I saw him around the forums he was with Virgin and that was nto good enough, in fact I don't think he have been happy with ISp he have been with. the problem with Talk Talk is that once his 30 days trial is up, he is stuck with them for 18 months.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Feb-11 00:24:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Mr Saffron, perhaps we should have a sub-forum called " TBB Red Light District" for people who chop and change their ISP frequently? LOL smile

I thought I changed a fair few times, but some people are worse. To Be honest I have not changed that much int he 11 years I been using broadband.

BT, Metronet that became plusnet, which is when i left for AOL ( don't ask, lasted 1 month), then Eclipse, Adsl24, Bt and now back to ADSL24

Happy with where I am now, so staying put for a while unless something happens that I have to move.

Adrian

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 01:17:20
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I am going back to Virgin Media fibre optic and sign up for new service 30Mb downstream and 3Mb upstream for £30 a month without phone.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 01-Feb-11 01:40:00
Print Post

30Mb downstream and 3Mb upstream for £30 a month without phone.
I get 40Mb downstream and 10Mb upstream for about £28.50pcm, less if I pay annually in advance... but whatever turns you on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:01:51
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
I get 40Mb downstream and 10Mb upstream for about £28.50pcm, less if I pay annually in advance... but whatever turns you on.

There is no FTTC available from BT. That's why I go back to virgin media. Fed up of BT not doing anything of no ADSL2+ up to 24 Meg nor FTTC at my local exchange.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 01-Feb-11 02:02:43)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:04:20
Print Post

There is no FTTC available from BT. That's why I go back to virgin media.
A lot of people could say "There's no Virgin cable"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:05:55
Print Post

Why? Thank cannot take over the line that quickly. It is just an impossibility from when you first posted saying you were going to it.

They have to first give notice to the old line provider and then agree on the date with them for the transfer. The old provider will then write informing you of this allowing you time to change your mind.

On the date of transfer, you will loose services for a short time and it make take a few more hours to receive incoming calls whilst routing of your number updates on BT's systems.

If this was a full LLU (MPF) shift, it is impossible for it to happen within 10 days of order - just impossible.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:09:29
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

My BT line is still dead and I had cancel BT overall, cancel TalkTalk order and I had order virgin media XL 30 meg with new customer deal and my new cable go live next tuesday.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 01-Feb-11 02:10:28)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:11:37
Print Post

Yes, but surely, if this was due to your move to Talk Talk, you wouldn't have had to cancel your BT line as that is done automatically when you move the line to another supplier.

As to what has really happened, no one will know... but it just sounds like a fault to me and you've jumped to conclusions just because you have a migration in play.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:57:03
Print Post

Matt don't waste your time

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 02:57:57
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

I know... I know. frown

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:13:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by uno:
Yes, but surely, if this was due to your move to Talk Talk, you wouldn't have had to cancel your BT line as that is done automatically when you move the line to another supplier.

As to what has really happened, no one will know... but it just sounds like a fault to me and you've jumped to conclusions just because you have a migration in play.

Matt

I am confused here frown I phone up BT ask them why my line are dead, they say to me, you have to speak to talktalk as TT was take over my line. I ring up TT and they say my live service is not yet completed until middle of February, so I check TT website and enter my phone number in and it say "We've noticed you've already placed an order for our great value TalkTalk broadband and phone package. We're working hard to get your account up and running - so you'll be saving in no time".
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:15:31
Print Post

Look like BT & TT had messing up my line with 1st order was rejected by BT and 2nd order BT accepted and the line went dead. Sound like fault mix up order.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:16:50
Print Post

What does your number say if you put it in to our checker?

Talk Talk may say that as they already have an open order for you, which is not yet complete. This stops you ordering again accidentally, for whatever reason.

There are a few possibilities:

1 - You have a fault but BT are being useless and just using the take over as an excuse.
2 - TT tried to move you over to WLR first and then to MPF. Try our checker, post the results.
3 - BT cancelled the line instead of allowing it to migrate. Once again, try our checker and post the results.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:29:23
Print Post

Phone number 01********* not recognised by our supplier.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:32:40
Print Post

That's odd as I try this link: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Teleph...
and it say:

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

If this is a new BT number and does not appear after 24 hours then please click here for further details.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:32:54
Print Post

You mention about another order on the other reply...

Could it be they didn't cancel your first order properly? That went through but as you cancelled it with Talk Talk, the line is in limbo? Even if you were in contract with BT - they CANNOT stop you going elsewhere but can just bill you for the remainder of your term.

Either that or the line was cancelled by BT, accidentally.

Call BT, ask then when the line was ended (cease date) but also ask them that if it was a transfer to Talk Talk, what date was the order received and what was the CRD date for the order.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:35:28
Print Post

ok matt, I will give a BT call tomorrow morning. I don't know why is my bt line was dead and lost zen internet, as zen say my broadband was cease by bt wholesale due to moving away to LLU TT.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:38:14
Print Post

It just means the number doesn't exist or is a full LLU line - to be expected.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 03:40:35
Print Post

I will talk to talktalk tomorrow and find out what going on ? and why is my line was cease off, as they suppose to be switch over without losing phone or broadband. Wish I never sign up with TT as they mess it up.
Standard User Cobra001
(committed) Tue 01-Feb-11 07:38:03
Print Post

I have quite a few customer with talktalk, and they never had any problem with customer service or quaility of the product, don't use talktalk for new customer any more as can get them a better deal else where most of the time
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Tue 01-Feb-11 11:31:26
Print Post

[re: Cobra001] [link to this post]

I will talk to talktalk tomorrow and find out what going on ? and why is my line was cease off, as they suppose to be switch over without losing phone or broadband. Wish I never sign up with TT as they mess it up.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. laugh

In reply to a post by Cobra001:
I have quite a few customer with talktalk, and they never had any problem with customer service or quaility of the product, don't use talktalk for new customer any more as can get them a better deal else where most of the time

I've never had any issues so far either, apart from 2 minor disruptions in 3 + years with TalkTalk. The broadband has been the most reliable and fastest I've ever had [ as well as the cheapest].

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet>>>>>>TalkTalk LLU
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 01-Feb-11 14:19:04
Print Post

I lay money on the cable service being up and running early

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 17:46:07
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fenris:

Just spoken to both BT and TT today. BT blame talktalk for cancel my order and talktalk blame on BT for cease my line. I give up.

My virgin media is on the way on tuesday.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:08:00
Print Post

Lucky you, but too many limitations on the fibre products, even if we had fibre here, I would prefer to stay as i am. all fibre products got to many limitations.

typical of this country, years behind, bring something out and then make sure people can't use it the way it should be.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:11:02
Print Post

Look like BT & TT had messing up my line with 1st order was rejected by BT and 2nd order BT accepted and the line went dead. Sound like fault mix up order.

What do you expect, it is Tweedledee, talking to Tweedledum, both companies are as bad as each other.

Best to stay away from both if you can.

you should have stayed with virgin, I know if we had cable, I would be there. Bt with their old copper phone cables that are falling apart. What a country, third world we are

Adrian

Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:11:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
all fibre products got to many limitations.
Such as? confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:14:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Fenris:

sounds about right.

Just spoken to both BT and TT today. BT blame talktalk for cancel my order and talktalk blame on BT for cease my line. I give up.

My virgin media is on the way on tuesday.

Adrian

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:45:06
Print Post

Fibre with no limitations is available, alas you have to pay for it.

Oddly like any service, you pay more you can often get more

Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 02-Feb-11 12:09:43
Print Post

I assumed that Adrian was referring to limitations beyond the usual ones of data transfer amounts and traffic management, which aren't exactly unique to fibre!

We'll have to see if he comes back with more detail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User Gene_Genie
(newbie) Wed 02-Feb-11 15:03:46
Print Post

Lucky you, but too many limitations on the fibre products, even if we had fibre here, I would prefer to stay as i am. all fibre products got to many limitations.

typical of this country, years behind, bring something out and then make sure people can't use it the way it should be.

What do you expect, it is Tweedledee, talking to Tweedledum, both companies are as bad as each other.

Best to stay away from both if you can.

you should have stayed with virgin, I know if we had cable, I would be there. Bt with their old copper phone cables that are falling apart. What a country, third world we are

Having trouble deciding?wink
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Feb-11 19:13:31
Print Post

[re: Gene_Genie] [link to this post]

BT had confirmed that my telephone line is no longer in use. As It went over to Talktalk today as live date, still dead line, phoned up talktalk, they had cancel my order because talktalk blame on BT rejected 1st order and cease on 2nd order. So, phoned back BT and ask them to re-activated my BT line back on, BT say it will be £124.99 connection charge. I told them to forget it.

Here we go Virgin Media on Tuesday with new broadband plus virgin phone line.

Bye bye liar BT and Talktalk, They both bad as each others.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:19:59
Print Post

all fibre products got to many limitations.
Such as? confused

Traffic management and and how much data you can download/upload.
i looked at a few and you pay more than normal broadband and yet you are more limited. The ISp i am with for instance, their Fibre service is worse value than what I am using now, sure I may be able to download a bit faster, that is if the server I am downloading from can handle that speed.

i have used internet services at 16Megabits and a lot of servers struggle with that.

So even if Fibre did come here, which it won't, I will stay as I am, I would like a bit more speed, but 40 megabits is a over kill.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:25:11
Print Post

I pay £20 a month for my broadband, well just under £20 a month, for that I can get up to 16 megabit, ok I am never going to get anywhere near that due to where I live, but I certainly get over 4 megabits, which is more than Bt on their so called second generation system could get me.

i have no limits, no traffic management, no one saying that I can do this or can do that at full speed during certain times. a mate of mine is on the same network, but with a different ISp, again for about the same price, he do get 16megbits, so do you really think that fibre would be better value for him?

If you pay for a service, then that service should be available, if ISp think we use too much, then start doing a PAYg service. simple as that.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:27:42
Print Post

[re: Gene_Genie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gene_Genie:
Having trouble deciding?wink

Fair enough you got me there, i mean if we had BT fibre here I would stay as I am, but if Virgin laid a cable service here I would jump.

Had enough of BT, want to stay as far away from the company as I can, just a shame I have to use their dreaded cables.

Two companies that are a complete waste of time, Bt and Talk Talk.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Feb-11 20:28:41
Print Post

BT had confirmed that my telephone line is no longer in use. As It went over to Talktalk today as live date, still dead line, phoned up talktalk, they had cancel my order because talktalk blame on BT rejected 1st order and cease on 2nd order. So, phoned back BT and ask them to re-activated my BT line back on, BT say it will be £124.99 connection charge. I told them to forget it.

Here we go Virgin Media on Tuesday with new broadband plus virgin phone line.

Bye bye liar BT and Talktalk, They both bad as each others.

If you got cable, why do you bother with Bt and Talk Talk in the first place?

Adrian

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Feb-11 22:27:15
Print Post

If you got cable, why do you bother with Bt and Talk Talk in the first place?

Good question, I left virgin media because Telford area had the worst problem (loss of broadband six times in a month) Virgin ofer me 30 meg XL plus phone line with unlimited calls with just £37.99 a month

Edited by adslmax (Wed 02-Feb-11 22:28:58)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Feb-11 22:35:17
Print Post

BT say it will be £124.99 connection charge. I told them to forget it.
Even if you wouldn't pay, they already have. It's £30 max for a BT connection.

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 11:13:47
Print Post

Where is this no limitations service? I haven't seen any if we're talking FTTC, even the top IDNET package is limited in downloads.

It says it's unlimited but it isn't really.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 11:35:35
Print Post

[re: DannyD12] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DannyD12:
even the top IDNET package is limited in downloads.

None of the IDNet packages are limited in the amount you are allowed to download, and there other ISPs who operate in the same way... as Phil says, you just have to pay for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 12:07:47
Print Post

even the top IDNET package is limited in downloads.

None of the IDNet packages are limited in the amount you are allowed to download, and there other ISPs who operate in the same way... as Phil says, you just have to pay for it.

Well I think I can see where you're going but I was thinking unlimited package rather than buying bandwidth at £1 per GB or whatever the ISP may charge.

Obviously ISP's like AAISP are much cheaper than this for offpeak but there's no unlimited package like with say a dedicated fibre ethernet connection which has no restriction on the amount you upload/download other than the speed of the connection.

If there is please let me know as I was looking for a package or probably two to replace a fibre connection for a client!

Regards

DannyD
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 12:57:25
Print Post

but there's no unlimited package like with say a dedicated fibre ethernet connection which has no restriction on the amount you upload/download other than the speed of the connection.

If there is please let me know as I was looking for a package or probably two to replace a fibre connection for a client!
It's not fibre ethernet, but no doubt that's available at a price from an appropriate supplier:

http://www.idnet.net/solutions/uncontendedadsl.jsp

What you're looking for is a leased line... as has been said, you can have it if you're prepared to pay for it.

edit- some prices, selected more or less at random from google.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Edited by billford (Thu 03-Feb-11 13:12:33)

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:22:56
Print Post

but there's no unlimited package like with say a dedicated fibre ethernet connection which has no restriction on the amount you upload/download other than the speed of the connection.

It's not fibre ethernet, but no doubt that's available at a price from an appropriate supplier:

http://www.idnet.net/solutions/uncontendedadsl.jsp

What you're looking for is a leased line... as has been said, you can have it if you're prepared to pay for it.

The client is already on a fibre ethernet connection but it's costly hence looking at FTTC to replace it as I said in my previous post.

ADSL isn't an option as it's too slow even with bonding.

I wasn't really talking about contention either I was talking about unlimited downloads/uploads on an FTTC connections rather like Sky with their residential ADSL...

I'm not looking for a leased line I just said there's no supplier that I've seen that does an unlimited FTTC package. If you could provide me a link to one that does then please do as I'd love to be proven wrong!
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:35:03
Print Post

I wasn't really talking about contention either
You said "dedicated"... to me that means nobody else sharing it, ie uncontended, but fair enough.
I was talking about unlimited downloads/uploads on an FTTC connections rather like Sky with their residential ADSL...
I doubt if you'll get it, afaik BT charge ISPs for the amount of traffic they expect to carry, and as (not unreasonably) ISPs like to make a profit, true unlimited isn't an option.

Some of the smaller ISPs who are providing FTTC (IDNet, A&A come to mind) might set up a bespoke package that suits your requirements, but you'd have to call them and ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User acting_funny
(member) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:35:30
Print Post

http://www.o-bit.net/products/fttc.html

quoted @ £120/month for surfwise fibre unlimited, don't know how well their bt based products are standing up nowdays performance wise - their llu seems solid enough.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:43:02
Print Post

[re: acting_funny] [link to this post]

Nice find... I'll make a note of that for future reference smile

No T&Cs on the website though, so that may need careful study.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:50:41
Print Post

I wasn't really talking about contention either
You said "dedicated"... to me that means nobody else sharing it, ie uncontended, but fair enough.

I was using dedicated fibre as an example of where download/upload amounts isn't restricted perhaps I should have used Sky initially instead....

I was talking about unlimited downloads/uploads on an FTTC connections rather like Sky with their residential ADSL...
doubt if you'll get it, afaik BT charge ISPs for the amount of traffic they expect to carry, and as (not unreasonably) ISPs like to make a profit, true unlimited isn't an option.

Wasn't this what was being discussed? I'm aware of the BT pricing policies which is why I queried that there were unlimited FTTC products available (granted the person did just say fibre but then most people use this incorrectly to describe FTTC/VDSL). So in the end can we agree there are no unlimited FTTC connections?

I wonder if the ASA are hiring....

Edited by DannyD12 (Thu 03-Feb-11 13:56:50)

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:55:24
Print Post

[re: acting_funny] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acting_funny:
http://www.o-bit.net/products/fttc.html

quoted @ £120/month for surfwise fibre unlimited, don't know how well their bt based products are standing up nowdays performance wise - their llu seems solid enough.

Thanks for that I'll try and find a reseller to call up as it looks like they don't seem to supply directly although the lack of T&C's is a worry perhaps this is due to these being provided by the reseller (does anyone know a decent reseller of their services?) I did enquire IDNet about their £90/£100 "unlimited" package and unfortunately they don't actually mean that which makes me very wary of other suppliers as I know IDNet are held in high regard.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:58:10
Print Post

I wonder if the ASA are hiring....
Already covered:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/i/4553.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User gmoorc
(member) Thu 03-Feb-11 14:14:37
Print Post

(does anyone know a decent reseller of their services?)

You could try calling Vivaciti who resell packages based on Obit surfwise. If you ask for Carl I think he is the boss smile

Maybe also Xilo/Uno?
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 14:32:25
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gmoorc:
(does anyone know a decent reseller of their services?)

You could try calling Vivaciti who resell packages based on Obit surfwise. If you ask for Carl I think he is the boss smile

Maybe also Xilo/Uno?

Cheers smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Feb-11 15:13:02
Print Post

My use of fibre was correct

It covers a myriad of products that use a higher proportion of fibre than existing ADSL products including cable services, metro ethernet (which might be over copper oddly)

£65 gets you 500GB from Zen, not sure on the costs above this. But consider whether they will exceed that sort of usage level very often and balance the sometimes higher costs versus savings.

NOTE: Reliability may be less compared to their existing line too, since VDSL2 is still subject to RF interference, which a pure fibre link is not.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Feb-11 15:15:48
Print Post

So you still posting in forums with your mobile dongle, must be a nightmare

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 03-Feb-11 16:13:31
Print Post

So you still posting in forums with your mobile dongle, must be a nightmare

Yes and also from my smartphone internet too. I rang up virgin media and ask them if there any chance for installation tomorrow or weekend as I cannot wait until next Tuesday, they checked on their system if one is available (subject to pure cancellation) and they found one slot for tomorrow morning between 8am and 1pm. I am now happy, got virgin media tomorrow instead of Tuesday. smile

Edited by adslmax (Thu 03-Feb-11 16:18:02)

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 18:04:36
Print Post

My use of fibre was correct

It covers a myriad of products that use a higher proportion of fibre than existing ADSL products including cable services, metro ethernet (which might be over copper oddly)

£65 gets you 500GB from Zen, not sure on the costs above this. But consider whether they will exceed that sort of usage level very often and balance the sometimes higher costs versus savings.

NOTE: Reliability may be less compared to their existing line too, since VDSL2 is still subject to RF interference, which a pure fibre link is not.

Sorry I meant the person that you replied to, but whatever BT say I don't think FTTC should be referenced as fibre as you still have a copper element that could be just as far as it was before (if you're close to the exchange) if they put VDSL connections directly in the exchange for people living nearby would this also be classed as fibre even though there's no more fibre in the connection path but using the same system as FTTC?

Their usage is at least 3TB per month overnight and growing plus usage during the day (which fluctuates alot between a couple of hundred GB to several TB per month), SLA's aren't a massive problem as it's not business critical per se.

Anyway I was just querying why people say there are unlimited FTTC connections available when there aren't any marketed! I won't post here anymore as I don't want to derail the thread any further than I have I just have a real bugbear about "unlimited" being marketed both from a personal and business perspective when it really isn't!

No doubt the ASA will bow down to the advertisers as they always do in the upcoming review!
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 18:17:02
Print Post

Their usage is at least 3TB per month overnight and growing plus usage during the day (which fluctuates alot between a couple of hundred GB to several TB per month),
Say 6-7TB per month and growing?

A maxed-out FTTC line running 24/7 can provide about 12TB/month... I reckon they should be thinking about a leased line!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 18:33:40
Print Post

They already have a leased line over fibre ethernet, multiple FTTC connections would no doubt be cheaper though (even 30 Zen Max offering still isn't at the cost of a 20mb/s burstable to 100mb/s connection) hence me looking in to it for them...

Sorry for derailing once again!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Feb-11 20:13:43
Print Post

BT does NOT do VDSL direct into the exchange. FTTC is only available to those with a cabinet between them and the exchange.

The ability to use the word Fibre is because of rulings that allow the similar architecture from Virgin Media to carry the name fibre broadband.

Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 04-Feb-11 12:29:53
Print Post

Finally got my new superhub and tech guy had installed new broadband and I am very happy overall with 30 Meg speed. I gave him a nice cup of tea and a cake while he installed it, he told me that Virgin Media is faster than BT by miles ahead in the future as Virgin plan to extend it 30Meg, 50Meg, 100Meg, 150Meg and 200Meg and will be 400Meg in three years time.

Here is my 30 Meg today:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1142306792.png

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=12968...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Feb-11 15:35:30
Print Post

Really? and I rang the national lottery claiming to have lost my winning ticket and they simply put the check in the post.

If VM is so good, why did you ever leave them? Or did you not leave really?

(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Feb-11 16:42:11
Print Post

he told me that Virgin Media is faster than BT by miles ahead in the future as Virgin plan to extend it 30Meg, 50Meg, 100Meg, 150Meg and 200Meg and will be 400Meg in three years time.

I have never understood the fascination with speed, i get 13Meg and imagine like 99% of all internet users I haven't found anything that doesn't work at that speed, and it only costs me £6.99 per month.

My broadband faster than your broadband is just so old. wink
Standard User garymartin7
(newbie) Fri 04-Feb-11 18:11:15
Print Post

Another week, another clean connection. Also got another member of the family signed up without issue. I've read though the rest of this thread and taken in all the cock waiving. Sure there are other services out there, but we don't all live in population centres. I'd love to be able to order a Virgin connection, but they ain't here. There is one ADSL 2+ provider where I live and it's TalkTalk. I am still really impressed with the latency for gaming, it is a really short path to the general internet. Speed (where you really mean capacity) is easily enough. Sure sometime I have to wait for a download to finish, but it is sometimes nice to have a bit of anticipation.

The latency is better than my previous Zen/Newnet connections, and both of those were very good connections, highly recommended companies. I'd certainly recommend them for those who have no ADSL2/Virgin providers in their area.

At least TalkTalk haven't decided that the best path to the office I work in Cambridge is via Asia. When I pushed o2 support about it (appeared to be a BGP issue) I was told my traffic was taking the best possible path.

So, if you don't like them then don't use them. This post is for those who don't know, TalkTalk is certainly an acceptable service.

Gary
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to