User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Oct-11 18:24:53
Print Post

Re: DONT EVEN CONSIDER THAT SHAMBLES !!

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kamelion:
Don't TT charge a premium for non LLU lines also?
He did include TT but it had nowt to do with the point he replied to about what Partial LLU can offer frown

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 16-Oct-11 19:09:58
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

CHEAPEST FIRST

Full LLU
Partial LLU + WLR
BT Wholesale WBC + WLR - remember to allow for Market 3 discounts
BT Wholesale IPstream + WLR - remember to allow for Market 3 discounts

Full LLU off top of head is something like £90 per year, where as WLR is I think about the same, except with WLR you are then having to add the cost of voice via WLR. Partial LLU is pretty cheap £25 per year if I recall.

The TalkTalk current generation hardware may be part of the issue for some, I've seen it hang on in terms of noise margin to the point where throughput is compromised and needs a manual resync to sort it out. Then throughput comes back...willing to bet that thousands of people have no idea about that sort of thing.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Oct-11 19:34:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
where as WLR is I think about the same, except with WLR you are then having to add the cost of voice via WLR.
confused
Isn't WLR the voice element anyway? Or do you mean cost of calls? Don't they all?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Mon 17-Oct-11 14:18:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

That was my point. A comparison was made rather unfairly I thought as TT on a non LLU line can't match TT's unbundled prices either.

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Mon 17-Oct-11 15:21:59
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk,what are they really like?

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

HI 42m,

Im unsure why following my post the OP took 3 months to reply and instead of continuing via the forum thread chose to phone telephony support who use differnt procesdsses to the online team.

However this is irrelevant as the issue is now resolved as advised from the actions taken by Emma.

Regards

Mark

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Mon 17-Oct-11 15:54:09
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Mark,

You said in your reply to my cousin's TT forum ( http://talktalkmembers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4... ) opening post: "Once your account is due to be migrated you will receive(d) notification via letter." He waited and waited for this letter and because it never arrived he contacted phone support feeling that further "generic advice" may not have been useful.

Because he got absolutely no sense from phone support he returned to the TT forum for help explaining the problems he had.

If you had investigated his account/connection problem at the outset it would have saved him a great deal of hassle.

Cheers,

4M2.
(isp) Tue 18-Oct-11 11:48:09
Print Post

HI 42m,

I take on board you point in respect to this., we anticpate once customers raise issues on the forum if they ahve further queries they will return to the forum rather than calling telephony suport so we have continued visibiulty of this. Had the customer returned to use the same process employed by Em three months later would have been implemented, whether by myself or any other OCE.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Tue 18-Oct-11 12:33:09
Print Post

Cheers Mark,

It's "all water under the bridge" now anyway, as you say it's best to get problems fixed via returning to the forum and not go to phone support.

4M2 smile
(isp) Wed 19-Oct-11 10:32:16
Print Post

HI 42m,

Glad to see this issue is in the past. In regards to returning to the forum i mean this only in terms of the continuation of support. If you post and issue on the forum then call up about it, following this with an email then you will find each contact type gets a slightly different type of support.

This is just reflective of the differing mediums by which support is offered being reflected by tailored processes. As such if we receive a query on the forum we look to cotninue support via the forum intil the issue is resolved in full. This ensures we provide the same level of support throughout the resolution of the problem

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department

Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Wed 19-Oct-11 10:43:04
Print Post

Surely a lesson has to be learned by TT here. Whatever medium is used, they all access the customers' account - if notes aren't made then it is just a never ending circle of having to explain your problem over and over again. Anyone would find this frustrating, customer or the customer support agent trying to make the customers experience a good one.

When departments don't work together then the customer is going to suffer and ultimately the company will suffer as a result. There is far too much acceptance that phone support from TT is terrible to make me ever consider them as a communications service provider and if I worked for them I would feel ashamed.

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to