User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User anything_but
(newbie) Sun 09-Oct-11 19:02:11
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk,what are they really like?

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

Currently synced at 4800 kbps,lines pretty stable.
Although just a few doors down from me,they`re synced much higher,around 6k+ if i remember,though i may be on a different cab to them.
Seen from a graph that i probably won`t get much more speed if i`m correct?
Swings and roundabouts with all isps really,some will love the service,others will have a all too different experience.

Edited by anything_but (Sun 09-Oct-11 19:04:06)

Standard User tgv
(committed) Sun 09-Oct-11 19:18:55
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
In reply to a post by Futaura:
In reply to a post by tgv:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

I seen the ISP size argument many times and I can see the logic behind it. However Virgin and BT each have larger number of customers than TT but generate fewer complaints.

Yes, but then Virgin and BT are far more expensive than TT, so they can afford to invest more in customer service, etc, to solve the problems of unhappy customers.

And that is the nail hit firmly on the head, if TT were to invest in UK call centres with highly trained English speaking operators i am sure there would be a lot less posts in forums like this and the TT customers forums, i am also sure i would not be paying £3 per month for phone and broadband.
As i have said in previous posts i have been a customer for 2 years and have never had to contact customer support, if i had to i would use the forum and let the OCE's deal with the problem.

I was not aware that BT and Virgin had UK call centres. In fact I have often been told by customers of those organisations that they have had to deal with Indian call centres! Is that BT and Virgin invest in better quality Indian call centres?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Mon 10-Oct-11 05:16:48
Print Post

[re: tgv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tgv:
I was not aware that BT and Virgin had UK call centres. In fact I have often been told by customers of those organisations that they have had to deal with Indian call centres! Is that BT and Virgin invest in better quality Indian call centres?

Don't know about Virgin but from my experience BT have call centres in both UK and India, however chances are you'll be put through the Indian call centre. As for BTs Indian call centre staff being competent...oh look there's something pink flying in the sky...enough said.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 18015/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 2.9 db down / 12db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Mon 10-Oct-11 05:29:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Myth:
To sum up, my Be connections felt like mine. TalkTalk feels like I share it with others.
TalkTalk is like the Tube, can't always get on in rush hour. 4Mbit 43ms ping at best
IDnet was an expensive bicycle, slow but reliable, (line length wasn't their fault though) 1.2Mbit 35ms ping
Be was your car, but you could use the bus lanes (not sure about this one lol) 4Mbit 25-40ms ping
Hoping fibre will be a helicopter smile

In the 12+ months i've been with Talktalk LLU, i haven't experienced a single slowdown...always line speeds 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week with pings of 15-20ms on fastpath. I suggest you post on the TT forums and ask the OCEs why you get a slowdown at peak times. It may be that your exchange is congested (very rare on TT LLU) and even if it is, i'm sure the OCEs will let you know when they plan on increasing the capacity.

Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Mon 10-Oct-11 09:38:50
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I agree, with regards to BT, just like TT, BTs online support is good and is UK based too. Indeed forget BTs phone support as far as I can tell BTs phone support is a seperate company that has a contract with BT, I would imagin there are all sorts of conditions the company & employees have to adhere too.

As for Vm, when I was with them I was always put through to support with South Wales accents, which I found equally difficult to understand as Indian etc, and I'm from North Wales.

I suppose whoever is that way inclined itís the down side of having a Kingdom and previous empire and minium wage, however I blame it all on the script and whoever wants all UK support, pay for it!

I'm alright Jack....

Edited by NilSatisOptimum (Mon 10-Oct-11 09:53:11)

Standard User Myth
(member) Mon 10-Oct-11 14:26:22
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I suggest you post on the TT forums and ask the OCEs why you get a slowdown at peak times. It may be that your exchange is congested (very rare on TT LLU) and even if it is, i'm sure the OCEs will let you know when they plan on increasing the capacity.

I guess you didnt fully read my post wink I will accept these problems in many areas of live, even relish in them in some, but I personally don't want it with my ISP.

As I explained, my testing is limited, but there's no need to exagerate your own testing. I doubt you have spanked your connection 24/7 for a whole year and have studied your bandwidth graphs for that entire period, and I doubt you did this without hitting the TT FUP. I am however able to know the gist of what you are saying (though others will flame you for the exageration no doubt) and as I have said, YMMV.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
(committed) Mon 10-Oct-11 14:50:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by Myth:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I suggest you post on the TT forums and ask the OCEs why you get a slowdown at peak times. It may be that your exchange is congested (very rare on TT LLU) and even if it is, i'm sure the OCEs will let you know when they plan on increasing the capacity.

I guess you didnt fully read my post wink I will accept these problems in many areas of live, even relish in them in some, but I personally don't want it with my ISP.

As I explained, my testing is limited, but there's no need to exagerate your own testing. I doubt you have spanked your connection 24/7 for a whole year and have studied your bandwidth graphs for that entire period, and I doubt you did this without hitting the TT FUP. I am however able to know the gist of what you are saying (though others will flame you for the exageration no doubt) and as I have said, YMMV.

I did fully understand your first post smile You suffer slowdowns at peak times with TalkTalk...i and many others don't. So why not ask on the TalkTalk forum why this happens?